Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

The people are what's different. Jimmy Chitwood didn't have "handlers" or other people in his ear telling him he had a shot a million dollar payday.
    It's no more "I play, coach stays. He goes, I go."

Now it's just "I'm probably going regardless."

Many older coaches - some high profile - have just retired instead of playing this unreal Portal game.

Comment

The people are what's different. Jimmy Chitwood didn't have "handlers" or other people in his ear telling him he had a shot a million dollar payday.
      I agree. Some coaches get tired of having to recruit their own team all over again every year. Put time and money into training a kid and then watch him sail off to another school. At many D1 programs, coaches are paid big salaries for their trouble. At D2, not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I don't find that IUPbigIndians does a lot of trolling. You need to develop a thicker skini.

I don't troll on here. If anything, I'm probably too harsh (at times) on the teams I support.

I did comment on a post by an actual Kutztown fan. I'm not saying Bernie should be fired. Frankly, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

That said, stats are facts.

Kutztown's last several seasons:

-
        Year Record
        23-24 (current) 3-20
        22-23 11-17
        21-22 9-19
        20-21 No Season
        19-20 11-17
        Last (4) played seasons overall record 34-73
        -

Based on these actual results, you can see how the KU fanbase is getting a little antsy.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I don't troll on here. If anything, I'm probably too harsh (at times) on the teams I support.

I did comment on a post by an actual Kutztown fan. I'm not saying Bernie should be fired. Frankly, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

That said, stats are facts.

Kutztown's last several seasons:

-
          Year Record
          23-24 (current) 3-20
          22-23 11-17
          21-22 9-19
          20-21 No Season
          19-20 11-17
          Last (4) played seasons overall record 34-73
          -

Based on these actual results, you can see how the KU fanbase is getting a little antsy.
          You are fine. There are a couple of guys on here who just have their own show going back and forth with what they seem to regard as witty banter. I suspect most of us just find it tiresome. Kutztown's record certainly hasn't been good. Part of me admires Bernie for saying what the heck and trying his great freshmen experiment this season. Of course it has resulted in him taking some poundings, and it could really blow up on him if some of them say adios after this year. If it's possible for a three-win team to be a little overconfident I think they might have been Saturday as they had beaten Ship earlier in the season. They seemed to wilt when Ship moved out on them in the first half — threw up some real bricks in the second half.

Comment

That's in every sport and society in general. People generally tend to mature much later now and still hold onto childhood dreams. Unless someone hits the lottery and moves to a desert island, you still have to live and work among people. Being a basketball coach isn't a bad gig, unless you can retire.

Comment

You are fine. There are a couple of guys on here who just have their own show going back and forth with what they seem to regard as witty banter. I suspect most of us just find it tiresome.
              Ain't that the truth.

Comment

• Lock Haven busting shiz up

There went ESU hosting.

Comment

Lock Haven busting shiz up

There went ESU hosting.
                  Not so sure THAT's a settled matter yet, but ok. On Jan 17th, Lock Haven beat ESU 75-70. Last night, ESU went down by 15 early in the 2nd half and fought back to get it to a 2-point game with just over 4 minutes to play. The score was almost exactly the same as in January, 74-69. Lakeem McAliley picked up 3 fouls in 3 minutes in the 1st half, and he wasn't really a factor, making the comeback all that more impressive. They have time to regroup and see who shows up in the PSAC Tournament. Inside stat: ESU was 12-19 from the Foul line last night. Lock Haven was 21-24. In a 5-point game, ESU left points on the floor, and they can't afford to do that. I still don't think ESU has played their best basketball yet. They need to clean up turnovers, and keep getting to the line.

Comment

Lock Haven busting shiz up

There went ESU hosting.
                    Lock Haven has had their number the past couple of years.

Comment

• Interesting stats in the Ship-Mansfield game where Ship shot 57 percent from three-point range and almost 50 percent from the field and managed to lose the game by 17 points as they let Mansfield shoot for even higher percentages. Defense has very obviously not been the Raiders' strength this season. Also interesting that the teams shot a combined total of 12 free throws for the game.

Comment

Lock Haven has had their number the past couple of years.
                        Millersville at Lock Haven on the last day of the regular season could be for all the marbles in the East. Not sure anybody had that at the start of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Millersville at Lock Haven on the last day of the regular season could be for all the marbles in the East. Not sure anybody had that at the start of the season.
                          I actually just looked at that, too. Millersville has a bit of a murderer's row to end the season (playing ESU, West Chester, and Lock Haven). A lot of those games will have a lot riding on them. Millersville is currently sitting somewhere around 4-5 in most Regional projections, but they could be significantly higher or lower depending on how that last 3-game stretch goes.

Comment

I actually just looked at that, too. Millersville has a bit of a murderer's row to end the season (playing ESU, West Chester, and Lock Haven). A lot of those games will have a lot riding on them. Millersville is currently sitting somewhere around 4-5 in most Regional projections, but they could be significantly higher or lower depending on how that last 3-game stretch goes.
                            Yeah LH’s road to that finale is much more favorable. At Shepherd on Saturday could be tricky seeing how Millersville needed 2OT to escape there last night. But after that, they have 3 games they really should win.

Comment

Millersville's overall team size and physicality makes them a tough matchup for West Chester and Lock Haven. The Marauders beat both in close games on the first go-around. ESU has the size and depth to handle Millersville, and beat them convincingly in their first meeting. It should be an interesting stretch run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Yeah LH’s road to that finale is much more favorable. At Shepherd on Saturday could be tricky seeing how Millersville needed 2OT to escape there last night. But after that, they have 3 games they really should win.
                                At some point, Shepherd is going to have its magical night and knock someobdy off. The Rams have been close several times.

It would be so frustrating to be a fan of that team. On a given night they can play with anybody. And, the next night they get blown out by a cellar dweller.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X