Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raider05 View Post

Video is plain is day. I think it stemmed from their earlier meeting this year. The kid he lowered his shoulder into is the same kid (Donovan Hill) who he elbowed out of bounds at the 19:43 mark in the second half at ESU. Hill got T'ed up for saying something to McAliley after the fact. If you listen a bit longer to the broadcast, you will actually hear the commentators comment on the push because it was so blatantly obvious.

I double down on my comment that McAliley is the dirtiest player in the East. It could be the entire PSAC but I don't watch nearly enough games in the West. There is a difference between being competitive or talking crap to gain an edge vs repeatedly doing things that could potentially hurt other players.
    I saw Ship assistant Dave Miller directing some remarks at McAliley and one of the ESU assistants as they went off the court. I obviously don't know what was said, but Miller appeared to be animated and not too happy. Miller is an old guy about my age (he's a '68 Edinboro graduate) and not what you'd call excitable at this point. For the first time in the several years I've been watching Ship games, Chris Fite left the court without his usual postgame interview. I doubt he was in the mood for it.

Comment

Video is plain is day. I think it stemmed from their earlier meeting this year. The kid he lowered his shoulder into is the same kid (Donovan Hill) who he elbowed out of bounds at the 19:43 mark in the second half at ESU. Hill got T'ed up for saying something to McAliley after the fact. If you listen a bit longer to the broadcast, you will actually hear the commentators comment on the push because it was so blatantly obvious.

I double down on my comment that McAliley is the dirtiest player in the East. It could be the entire PSAC but I don't watch nearly enough games in the West. There is a difference between being competitive or talking crap to gain an edge vs repeatedly doing things that could potentially hurt other players.
      He just wanted to say hello.

LOL. Yeah, the video is pretty hard to defend.

The backhand/elbow (earlier) was just as bad.

It sets a bad precendent for the league that one can get away with playing like a goon and have no consequences. Everybody saw the video. There's no 'maybe' about his actions.

Comment

• How many of his fouls were flagrant or intentional? Check the boxscores and blame the officiating crews, not the broadcaster. You all wish you had a player with his heart and soul.
        Last edited by WarriorVoice; 02-19-2024, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
          How many of his fouls were flagrant or intentional? Check the boxscores and blame the officiating crews, not the broadcaster. You all wish you had a player with his heart and soul.
          Don't confuse talent with heart. Ship showed plenty of heart Saturday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Don't confuse talent with heart. Ship showed plenty of heart Saturday night.
            Lakeem has been showing his talent for 3 seasons, and now he's the dirtiest player in the East? What else ya got?
            Last edited by WarriorVoice; 02-20-2024, 06:31 AM.

Comment

How many of his fouls were flagrant or intentional? Check the boxscores and blame the officiating crews, not the broadcaster. You all wish you had a player with his heart and soul.
              Heart and soul is laughable!!! Watch how many plays he takes off. Video doesn't lie! His play Saturday was dirty as hell!!!

Comment

You're so up in your feelings, WarriorVoice, that you aren't taking time to read and comprehend. I did not blame the broadcaster. I was stating that in the game at ESU, McAliley blatantly shoved Hill out of bounds. YOUR commentators mentioned it so I was pointing out that it was not just a figment of my imagination.

Furthermore, no one has questioned his skill. Not once. That does not mean that he doesn't play dirty, which he has for at least the last two years. I won't speak to his redshirt freshman year because I don't remember but I have watched every Ship game for several years and regularly watch other good matchups in the East. I'm not pulling this out of nowhere. I guess I should have been calling out his behavior on here years ago so it wouldn't seem to be such a shock to you and your sensibilities.

Let's face it, I could probably find at least a play each game where he pulled the same crap he did Saturday. I don't know how you watch any of those clips and defend the behavior PERIOD!.

Comment

Lakeem has been showing his talent for 3 seasons, and now he's the dirtiest player in the East? What else ya got?
                  I made no comment on whether or not he was a dirty player. You need to learn to read with comprehension Your comment was that we all wish we had a player with his "heart and soul." We have plenty of players with heart at Ship and have had them for years. It has nothing to do with talent level. A good example of heart was Ty Holsopple, who has seen limited playing time for Shippensburg in his four years here, doing a creditable job of guarding McAliley in the first half.

If you are the team radio announcer for East Stroudsburg, as you state, it is extremely unprofessional for you to get on this board and engage in the kind of tit-for-tat nonsense you're constantly putting up here. When you're in the information business you need a thick skin, which obviously is a problem for you.

Comment

You're so up in your feelings, WarriorVoice, that you aren't taking time to read and comprehend. I did not blame the broadcaster. I was stating that in the game at ESU, McAliley blatantly shoved Hill out of bounds. YOUR commentators mentioned it so I was pointing out that it was not just a figment of my imagination.

Furthermore, no one has questioned his skill. Not once. That does not mean that he doesn't play dirty, which he has for at least the last two years. I won't speak to his redshirt freshman year because I don't remember but I have watched every Ship game for several years and regularly watch other good matchups in the East. I'm not pulling this out of nowhere. I guess I should have been calling out his behavior on here years ago so it wouldn't seem to be such a shock to you and your sensibilities.

Let's face it, I could probably find at least a play each game where he pulled the same crap he did Saturday. I don't know how you watch any of those clips and defend the behavior PERIOD!.
                    Dude, you called me out when you started the second paragraph of your original post, after trashing Lakeem in the first paragraph. Jeff Wilson is revered by many of his peers in the PSAC. Ask ANY coach what they think of him. I'll wait to see if you actually do it.

Comment

• (Is this the part when IUPAlum responds: "Ok, Jeff"? I kid. I kid.)

Comment

• Mansfield over Lock Haven is a pleasantly surprising result for all the teams still trying to get one of the 7 open spots in March.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                          Mansfield over Lock Haven is a pleasantly surprising result for all the teams still trying to get one of the 7 open spots in March.
                          Those Mounties are a pesky bunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                            (Is this the part when IUPAlum responds: "Ok, Jeff"? I kid. I kid.)
                            No. IUP Alum, like him or not, brings reality to this board.

He's a little 'direct' but nonetheless is usually spot on. Unfortunately that just hurts feelings.

Comment

• 24 points last night, 9-10 from the floor and just 1 personal foul. Lakeem McAliley is the PSAC Player of the Year!! :)

Comment

• ESU Women just did something they haven't done much all year...They just scored 20 points in the 4th quarter at Kutztown to knock off the Golden Bears 51-42. Gwen Sabato hit 4 3-pointers in the win. That's a gritty road win for a team looking for positives this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X