Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Well, I can already tell you with a good deal of certainty that this is Ship's weakest team in the last 7-8 years, that Bloomsburg, Mansfield, and Kutztown aren't going to do so well with good teams, and that West Chester and Shepherd will as usual have some talent, but will be up-and-down. Millersville is scrappy, but they've certainly had better talent. Lock Haven can be competitive on a given night. So year, this doesn't look like a vintage year for the East to me, and the West outside of Cal and Gannon isn't particularly scary. Slippery Rock and Mercyhurst might get tougher as the season progresses, but the Hurst and IUP are well below their usual standard this year.
    That's how I see it, although I've been higher on Mansfield than most. I think they have several dynamic players in Woodring and the Alis.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

That's how I see it, although I've been higher on Mansfield than most. I think they have several dynamic players in Woodring and the Alis.
      Mansfield will bite a couple teams if not taken seriously.

Comment

The Mounties do have some good players, and in the era of the three-point shot the old adage of an upset can happen on any given night applies.

Comment

• Shippensburg 37, Edinboro 27 at the half. About what you'd expect, with the exception of somebody getting in Andrew Recchia's ear about looking for his shots. He has 12 at the half, 5-for-5 from the floor.

Comment

• Millersville is POUNDING Gannon...Upset of the day??

Comment

• Ship 77, Edinboro 71 with Markus Frank ringing up 24 and 10. Scots made them sweat several times after halftime and took 70 shots to the Raiders' 55, but Ship played nice D.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                Millersville is POUNDING Gannon...Upset of the day??
                Given that Gannon was unbeaten and blowing people out, while Millersville was 2-2 in the PSAC and had been involved in a number of close games, I think it's a no-brainer that it's probably the upset of the season so far. I'm not a big fan of Stitzel and his antics, but Millersville is very effective at making most of their games halfcourt wars, and they were obviously able to slow down the Gannon express today.

Comment

Ship 77, Edinboro 71 with Markus Frank ringing up 24 and 10. Scots made them sweat several times after halftime and took 70 shots to the Raiders' 55, but Ship played nice D.
                  If Chris Fite doesn't have more gray hair after this season, it'll be a miracle. Ship was constantly getting up 11-12 points and then dribbling it back with turnovers, etc.

The good news is that Donovan Hill is officially on the roster now and was sitting on the Ship bench in a track suit Saturday. Bad news is that I assume he isn't eligible until the second semester officially starts, which is several games away. His size is badly needed.

Comment

Ship 77, Edinboro 71 with Markus Frank ringing up 24 and 10. Scots made them sweat several times after halftime and took 70 shots to the Raiders' 55, but Ship played nice D.
                    New coach, same result for Edinboro. Doesn't matter how well coached or well they play, there's not enough to compete. Racing a Beretta against a Camaro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

New coach, same result for Edinboro. Doesn't matter how well coached or well they play, there's not enough to compete. Racing a Beretta against a Camaro.
                      Due to Ship's lack of overall size, their 7-footer gave us a little trouble, but he doesn't have much size in the rest of the lineup. I thought they actually ran some nice offensive sets, but it doesn't look as if there is a lot of talent there at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Due to Ship's lack of overall size, their 7-footer gave us a little trouble, but he doesn't have much size in the rest of the lineup. I thought they actually ran some nice offensive sets, but it doesn't look as if there is a lot of talent there at this point.
                        I think he was a good hire for Edinboro. Rome wasn't built in a day. He inherited very little and was hired very late.

That was a total rebuild. He's going to need some time. He doesn't have the funds to whip it together that fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I think he was a good hire for Edinboro. Rome wasn't built in a day. He inherited very little and was hired very late.

That was a total rebuild. He's going to need some time. He doesn't have the funds to whip it together that fast.
                          Yeah it will. Firing Cleary upset a lot of the alumni who had relationships with Walcavich and Cleary. Current administration has no respect for that. Did the same thing with football (although I like the current staff). Jennings is a hard worker and seems like a good guy and good coach, but this wasn't necessary. It's somewhat similar to when Pitt fired Wannstadt. The problem wasn't the coach.

Comment

• Mekhi Reynolds, West Chester, has entered the transfer portal (per VC).
                            ​​​​​​
                            Reynolds started his career at Clarion.

Comment

Mekhi Reynolds, West Chester, has entered the transfer portal (per VC).
                              ​​​​​​
                              They ought to just issue some of these kids a transfer pass and have them get it punched at each stop.

Comment

Mekhi Reynolds, West Chester, has entered the transfer portal (per VC).
                                ​​​​​​
                                Scored 23 points in 98 minutes at WCU.. Looks like he would fit in at Bloom.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X