Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I hope Bloom is getting a good payday for this.
    It's funny how selective the PA D1s are on which PSAC teams they'll actually agree to play.

I wonder if Bloom took this as a 'real' game or just an exhibition. I'm sure Temple is counting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
      I pity anyone who has to face Gannon this year. They run the full court press better than anyone, and are the best team I've seen since the Elite 8 in 2018.
      I am enjoying watching this Gannon team grow together, but I'm not sure that's true. 😂 Our lack of height is going to bite us in a few games, as is our depth in the post.

That said, I've been very pleased with how quick Fee is adapting and shifting his rotations. I'll be most curious to see if the changes we saw in the Bravo lineup continue or not. I'm more optimistic than I ever expected to be this season, but I think that some to do with the lack of depth in the conference this year. Cals game against shepherd left a befuddled furl on my face. ESU was good, but they lost composure, certainly an aim of the press, but more than I expected from them, along with Jeff who I thought unfortunately hurt the team's ability to adjust. I think they'll likely finish first in the East still, but I'm not sure I see them past the r64 imo.

That GU press is killing teams and is so fun to watch. Can't wait to see it refined by early Feb.
      Last edited by TheMadLibs; 12-07-2023, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's funny how selective the PA D1s are on which PSAC teams they'll actually agree to play.

I wonder if Bloom took this as a 'real' game or just an exhibition. I'm sure Temple is counting it.
        It's just like you said. Bloomsburg lists it as an exhibition; Temple lists it as a regular-season game. And Blooms doesn't even have a game story on the website, nor a box.

In what world is that acceptable?

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

It's just like you said. Bloomsburg lists it as an exhibition; Temple lists it as a regular-season game. And Blooms doesn't even have a game story on the website, nor a box.

In what world is that acceptable?
          In a world where they hope nobody sees the score lol

Comment

• I remember when Chuck Davis and Ship beat Penn State up at the BJC. That was a pretty well-kept secret. Davis laid 40 on them, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
              I remember when Chuck Davis and Ship beat Penn State up at the BJC. That was a pretty well-kept secret. Davis laid 40 on them, if I'm not mistaken.
              Before women's basketball became a big thing, Ship beat both Penn State and Maryland when I was going there.

Comment

• Driscoll needs to go. This program is plummeting and he can't seem to right the ship.

Comment

• Originally posted by TDBoi8136 View Post
                  Driscoll needs to go. This program is plummeting and he can't seem to right the ship.
                  Don't they have something like eight freshmen this year?

Comment

Driscoll needs to go. This program is plummeting and he can't seem to right the ship.
                    Bernie's earned more respect for turning garbage into gold numerous years at Kutztown. Shame on you.

Comment

Bernie's earned more respect for turning garbage into gold numerous years at Kutztown. Shame on you.
                      Every coach reaches a limit. I think he has hit his. The teams anymore have been poor and there doesn't seem to be any sign of potential improvement. You can't let the past bog you down

Comment

Every coach reaches a limit. I think he has hit his. The teams anymore have been poor and there doesn't seem to be any sign of potential improvement. You can't let the past bog you down
                        KU is in a tough spot there. Coaches certainly have a shelf life. But, as WarriorVoice said, he's certainly earned a long leash.

These older coaches are dealing with a whole different type of student-athlete these days. He's far from the only one struggling to adapt. Many of our now-older coaches are old school. They were tough and believe in discipline, etc. Too much of that now and these kids are instantly gone.

Comment

• ESU Men dominated UPJ yesterday, but the video feed started with 6:24 left in the 1st half. By that time ESU was up 47-16, minutes after a 24-0 run by the Warriors. ESU got to the FT line 33 times, increasing their percentage at the stripe. They lead the country in FT attempts and are 2nd behind Gannon in FT makes. ESU has 4 of the Top 20 FT shooters in the PSAC...IUP visits the Poconos for a Dec 30th DH. Can't wait!!
                          Last edited by WarriorVoice; 12-20-2023, 06:16 AM.

Comment

ESU Men dominated UPJ yesterday, but the video feed started with 6:24 left in the 1st half. By that time ESU was up 47-16, minutes after a 24-0 run by the Warriors. ESU got to the FT line 33 times, increasing their percentage at the stripe. They lead the country in FT attempts and are 2nd behind Gannon in FT makes. ESU has 4 of the Top 20 FT shooters in the PSAC...IUP visits the Poconos for a Dec 30th DH. Can't wait!!
                            East is down this year. ESU looks like the clear favorite, and from what I've seen of them it isn't even one of Wilson's best teams. Millersville is just OK, Ship is down, and Shepherd and West Chester are their usual enigmatic selves. In the West it's Gannon and Cal (if Cal gets fully healthy).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

East is down this year. ESU looks like the clear favorite, and from what I've seen of them it isn't even one of Wilson's best teams. Millersville is just OK, Ship is down, and Shepherd and West Chester are their usual enigmatic selves. In the West it's Gannon and Cal (if Cal gets fully healthy).
                              9 games in is about a third of the season, so is the East really down? West Chester fell to Gannon by 20, but that's nothing to be ashamed of. They outran Mercyhurst on the road yesterday, and won going away. I agree that right now, this is not the best ESU team Jeff Wilson has had. HOWEVER, at the rate they're going, we might be saying something different in March. This team is averaging 10 more FT attempts per game than in the past 4 seasons (more to come). This team has balanced scoring, they play decent defense, and currently they have 4 players in the top 20 in FT %. Those are all qualities that can lead to the postseason. Don't write the book on the season after 9 games...
                              Last edited by WarriorVoice; 12-20-2023, 02:51 PM.

Comment

9 games in is about a third of the season, so is the East really down? I agree that right now, this is not the best ESU team Jeff Wilson has had. HOWEVER, at the rate they're going, we might be saying something different in March. This team is averaging 10 more FT attempts per game than in the past 4 seasons (more to come). This team has balanced scoring, they play decent defense, and currently they have 4 players in the top 20 in FT %. Those are all qualities that can lead to the postseason. Don't write the book on the season after 9 games...
                                Well, I can already tell you with a good deal of certainty that this is Ship's weakest team in the last 7-8 years, that Bloomsburg, Mansfield, and Kutztown aren't going to do so well with good teams, and that West Chester and Shepherd will as usual have some talent, but will be up-and-down. Millersville is scrappy, but they've certainly had better talent. Lock Haven can be competitive on a given night. So this doesn't look like a vintage year for the East to me, and the West outside of Cal and Gannon isn't particularly scary. Slippery Rock and Mercyhurst might get tougher as the season progresses, but the Hurst and IUP are well below their usual standard this year.
                                Last edited by Ship69; 12-22-2023, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X