Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New listing on the Ship basketball roster recently — Kamau Mitchell, a 6-5 guard who played his HS ball for Thomas Stone in Waldorf, Md. Apparently had a cup of coffee at Charleston and Frostburg before playing last year at Garrett Community College in Maryland. He's listed with junior eligibility on the roster.

Comment

• ESU is unveiling their 2023-24 teams this Thursday night! I can't wait to see the new players on both teams!

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
        ESU is unveiling their 2023-24 teams this Thursday night! I can't wait to see the new players on both teams!
        Hard to believe it's only a little more than a month away from the start of BB season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
          Apparently had a cup of coffee at Charleston and Frostburg before playing last year at Garrett Community College in Maryland.
          I thought that name sounded familiar. Unfortunately, I don't remember him at those schools (hence your cup of coffee reference, perhaps).

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

I thought that name sounded familiar. Unfortunately, I don't remember him at those schools (hence your cup of coffee reference, perhaps).
            He's been around. And after he graduated from Garrett, the indication was that he was going to Virginia State with a couple of his teammates from there. Hope he sticks with Ship as they could definitely use a guard with his size, and his tapes indicate he's a good shooter with range. He had an injury at Garrett and only played 12 games there his last season, but was averaging 20 ppg while playing. Must have just been added to the roster as I've been checking it on a fairly consistent basis.

Comment

• Did you see Gavin Donley is back on the roster, still looking for his first minutes as a junior? Fite knew he needed some length ...

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                Did you see Gavin Donley is back on the roster, still looking for his first minutes as a junior? Fite knew he needed some length ...
                Yeah, I actually saw him at the Running Raiders golf tourney a few weeks back, and he said he was back on the team. Seemed excited to be back on the team and I hope he can get some minutes. He stood out because he probably has a good three inches over anyone else on the team. Yeah, coach did want to add some height for sure.

Comment

Yeah, I actually saw him at the Running Raiders golf tourney a few weeks back, and he said he was back on the team. Seemed excited to be back on the team and I hope he can get some minutes. He stood out because he probably has a good three inches over anyone else on the team. Yeah, coach did want to add some height for sure.
                  Size doesn't matter running the WLU Style...Or so I'm told. If he can't play facing the basket, and if he can't (won't) take and make 3's with .350 consistency, he'll see his minutes decline to zero over the course of the year. There ain't enough put backs or rebounds to makeup for only taking two three points tries a game!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Size doesn't matter running the WLU Style...Or so I'm told. If he can't play facing the basket, and if he can't (won't) take and make 3's with .350 consistency, he'll see his minutes decline to zero over the course of the year. There ain't enough put backs or rebounds to makeup for only taking two three points tries a game!!!
                    Well, that's fine if you're running the WLU style, which we generally do not. Nobody who follows Ship basketball thinks Gavin Donley will make up for the loss of our top four players from last season who accounted for 77 percent of Ship's scoring and 79 percent of the rebounding. Prospects for this year are very uncertain.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I don't know, Boat. Take away that foolish cheap shot last year (which led to an ejection) and you'd have won the natty (in my opinion).
                      Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-09-2023, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I don't know, Boat. Take away that foolish cheap shot last year (which led to an ejection) and you'd have won the natty (in my opinion).
                        I chuckle some every time you post it. I've seen you say this maybe 50 times, but not once has it ever generated a response. LOL

Regardless.. Yoakum's sternum just got in the way of Sarson's elbow.

Comment

• EAST Men's Preseason Coaches' Poll

1. East Stroudsburg (5)
                          2. West Chester (3)
                          3. Millersville
                          4. Shepherd (1)
                          5. Shippensburg
                          6. Lock Haven
                          7. Kutztown
                          8. Bloomsburg
                          9. Mansfield

Comment

EAST Men's Preseason Coaches' Poll

1. East Stroudsburg (5)
                            2. West Chester (3)
                            3. Millersville
                            4. Shepherd (1)
                            5. Shippensburg
                            6. Lock Haven
                            7. Kutztown
                            8. Bloomsburg
                            9. Mansfield
                            Kind of surprised to see Mansfield picked last. Despite their record, that was a competitive team at times last season, and they've basically got everybody back. They're definitely not a team you want to overlook. If Shepherd doesn't have the best backcourt in the PSAC they are pretty close to it with McClain-Corley and Jordan. West Chester is usually good, but always sort of a mystery. Not a Stitzel fan, but he's got some guys back after having a young team last year, and they should be good if they shoot well. Ship is probably picked about right. They could either go up a spot or down depending on how all the new pieces mesh. Bernie Driscoll likes his talent at Kutztown, but they have a lot of new guys (eight freshmen). After a one-win season last year, Bloom will have to do a lot of climbing to get back into the thick of things. Lock Haven is always pesky and well coached. Wilson's record at East Stroud speaks for itself. He has a talented roster, but will have to replace key pieces from last season.

Comment

Kind of surprised to see Mansfield picked last. Despite their record, that was a competitive team at times last season, and they've basically got everybody back. They're definitely not a team you want to overlook. If Shepherd doesn't have the best backcourt in the PSAC they are pretty close to it with McClain-Corley and Jordan. West Chester is usually good, but always sort of a mystery. Not a Stitzel fan, but he's got some guys back after having a young team last year, and they should be good if they shoot well. Ship is probably picked about right. They could either go up a spot or down depending on how all the new pieces mesh. Bernie Driscoll likes his talent at Kutztown, but they have a lot of new guys (eight freshmen). After a one-win season last year, Bloom will have to do a lot of climbing to get back into the thick of things. Lock Haven is always pesky and well coached. Wilson's record at East Stroud speaks for itself. He has a talented roster, but will have to replace key pieces from last season.
                              Shepherd has been a very odd bird in the PSAC. They will look incredible one night, and horrendous the next. In their time here, they have been consistently inconsistent.

Comment

Shepherd has been a very odd bird in the PSAC. They will look incredible one night, and horrendous the next. In their time here, they have been consistently inconsistent.
                                That's kind of been their m.o. for the past several seasons. If they get decent front-line play, they will be a tough out this year. In the games I saw last season, Ship probably had more trouble guarding McClain-Corley than any other guard they faced. He can shoot the 3 or beat you with a lightning-quick first step if you move in on him.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X