Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    I just heard that the Home Office is mandating that their announcing crews must be masked inside the arenas.

That's the type of overkill that has given the term "woke" a negative connotation.
    Be that as it may, the PSAC schedule has been played largely without Covid issues this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Be that as it may, the PSAC schedule has been played largely without Covid issues this year.
      As long as I can sit on that hill overlooking Fairchild Field next spring without wearing a fake mustache and glasses ...

Comment

As long as I can sit on that hill overlooking Fairchild Field next spring without wearing a fake mustache and glasses ...
        I think you're pretty safe there!

Comment

• ESU is redshirting Guard Shamir Johnson who suffered an injury late last year. ESU is thin at the Guard spot, as they head to WV this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
            ESU is redshirting Guard Shamir Johnson who suffered an injury late last year. ESU is thin at the Guard spot, as they head to WV this weekend.
            Not good for them to be thin at a position with the style Wilson plays.

Comment

Not good for them to be thin at a position with the style Wilson plays.
              It might be more exact to say they are thin at guards with a lot of experience. Troy Jones and Marc Rodriguez are senior guards. Sophomores Justin Paz, Zion Darby and David Duda all played two years ago. 4 newcomers are guards, one or two of them figure to play significant minutes this year.
              Last edited by WarriorVoice; 11-10-2021, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• I'm told Jake Biss is going to miss the first four games for Ship. I do not know why. But the timing could be better.

Comment

I'm told Jake Biss is going to miss the first four games for Ship. I do not know why. But the timing could be better.
                  That 'could' sound like a Covid issue?

They tested today.

Comment

I'm told Jake Biss is going to miss the first four games for Ship. I do not know why. But the timing could be better.
                    Yeah, given the schedule it's easy to imagine them losing several of those games if that's true. After Hardy, there really aren't other guards with playing experience. Wouldn't be a great way to start the season.

Comment

Is it too late to change our Pick 'em answers, IUPbig? ; )

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Is it too late to change our Pick 'em answers, IUPbig? ; )

No ... and that's a great point. Biss changes a lot.

As long as the time stamp is done prior to 6 p.m. tomorrow.

Comment

Yeah, given the schedule it's easy to imagine them losing several of those games if that's true. After Hardy, there really aren't other guards with playing experience. Wouldn't be a great way to start the season.

The Biss-less four games are Virginia Union, Virginia State, Wilmington and California.

Three of the four would be pretty tough games even with him let alone without him.

Tell you what, there are some really big games within the Atlantic Region this weekend. I know many say 'it's early' but these games without a doubt always become very important come Selection Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The Biss-less four games are Virginia Union, Virginia State, Wilmington and California.

Three of the four would be pretty tough games even with him let alone without him.

Tell you what, there are some really big games within the Atlantic Region this weekend. I know many say 'it's early' but these games without a doubt always become very important come Selection Sunday.
                            None of the four will probably be easy if Biss doesn't play. Ship didn't crush Wilmington last time they played them. With only one of the four being a PSAC opponent, this shouldn't affect conference standing much, but a batch of losses in the first month of the year would not help efforts to qualify for the NCAA tourney. And there certainly are speed bumps in December with Mercyhurst, Pitt-Johnstown, IUP, etc.

Comment

None of the four will probably be easy if Biss doesn't play. Ship didn't crush Wilmington last time they played them. With only one of the four being a PSAC opponent, this shouldn't affect conference standing much, but a batch of losses in the first month of the year would not help efforts to qualify for the NCAA tourney. And there certainly are speed bumps in December with Mercyhurst, Pitt-Johnstown, IUP, etc.

The magic number is typically 7 losses.

At 7 or less, you are usually safe. Get that 8th one and it's the same as getting that 2nd loss in football. Once you reach 9 losses and up ... that's usually a trip to the (mythical) D2 NIT.

I don't see a 4-0 start without Biss, but as long as they avoid the catastrophic 1-3 or 0-4 they should be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The magic number is typically 7 losses.

At 7 or less, you are usually safe. Get that 8th one and it's the same as getting that 2nd loss in football. Once you reach 9 losses and up ... that's usually a trip to the (mythical) D2 NIT.

I don't see a 4-0 start without Biss, but as long as they avoid the catastrophic 1-3 or 0-4 they should be fine.
                                I saw 3-4 losses possible by January even with Biss. Virginia State beat them in 2019. Virginia Union is nobody to take lightly, and the Mercyhurst, Pitt-Johnstown and IUP games are certainly all possible losses, especially since the latter two are away. They'll have to hope Hardy can handle the point, and a couple of the newcomers step up, but they lose double-digit scoring, a three-point threat, and a helluva lot of floor experience if Biss is out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X