Crossover:

IUP
    Seton Hill

at Cal
    at Slippery Rock

Edinboro

at Pitt-Johnstown

Comment

• Well, one thing nobody can ever accuse Chris Fite of is ducking quality opponents. So after opening with the likes of Virginia Union and Virginia State for years, he now will give his kids a baptism of fire at the defending regional champions homecourt. Not to mention drawing IUP and away games at Cal and Slippery Rock in the crossovers. I certainly hope coach can sign up some size. Obviously the returning guards had better be working on their ball handling skills over the summer as well.

Comment

• Also interesting to see Cheyney reappearing on the schedule (Jan. 31). Chestnut Hill is also a new one for us. They were a mixed bag against the PSAC last season (beat Bloom and Millersville, lost to Lock Haven and Cal).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
          Also interesting to see Cheyney reappearing on the schedule (Jan. 31). Chestnut Hill is also a new one for us. They were a mixed bag against the PSAC last season (beat Bloom and Millersville, lost to Lock Haven and Cal).
          Chestnut's best player also just signed with Nova Southeastern.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Chestnut's best player also just signed with Nova Southeastern.
            Thank God for small favors, I guess. Interesting that Nova continues to look North for a lot of players (perhaps due to the coach's background). You'd think there would be load of talent in the Southeastern U.S.

Comment

Well, one thing nobody can ever accuse Chris Fite of is ducking quality opponents. So after opening with the likes of Virginia Union and Virginia State for years, he now will give his kids a baptism of fire at the defending regional champions homecourt. Not to mention drawing IUP and away games at Cal and Slippery Rock in the crossovers. I certainly hope coach can sign up some size. Obviously the returning guards had better be working on their ball handling skills over the summer as well.
              Hopefully the weather cooperates for the IUP visit. I always like the trip to Shippensburg.

Comment

Hopefully the weather cooperates for the IUP visit. I always like the trip to Shippensburg.
                You'll have to let me know if you're coming down this year. Be glad to buy you a beer.

Comment

You'll have to let me know if you're coming down this year. Be glad to buy you a beer.
                  Will do.

Comment

• Ship grad Carlos Carter has signed a contract to play professionally with WW Baskets Muenster in Germany in 2023-24.

Comment

Thank God for small favors, I guess. Interesting that Nova continues to look North for a lot of players (perhaps due to the coach's background). You'd think there would be load of talent in the Southeastern U.S.
                      I am always sort of surprised that the PSAC doesn't recruit Ohio more for basketball. Ohio is such a great basketball state. Not even comparable to PA. When I moved out here, I saw how much of an appetite for basketball that the state has, and it's huge at the high school level here. By comparison, most of the MEC schools (West Liberty in particular), make a killing in Ohio. Crutchfield, for what it's worth, is still getting some of his best players from there. Lot of transfers on that Nova team, but most all hail from the same state.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I am always sort of surprised that the PSAC doesn't recruit Ohio more for basketball. Ohio is such a great basketball state. Not even comparable to PA. When I moved out here, I saw how much of an appetite for basketball that the state has, and it's huge at the high school level here. By comparison, most of the MEC schools (West Liberty in particular), make a killing in Ohio. Crutchfield, for what it's worth, is still getting some of his best players from there. Lot of transfers on that Nova team, but most all hail from the same state.
                        It certainly would make sense for some of the western schools to hit up Ohio for recruits as several of them are within easy driving distance. As far as Ship, coach Fite has been actually done well in western Pa., which he was familiar with as a Latrobe High guy and a former assistant at IUP. I'd actually like to see Ship pick it up a little in the Delmarva area, which makes sense for us geographically and where Shepherd has picked up quite a few football and basketball players. I was glad to see us pick up a guard from St. Maria Goretti in Hagerstown, Md., which has produced some talented players over the years.

Comment

• Kutztown has signed a whopping (9) incoming men's basketball freshmen.

Comment

Kutztown has signed a whopping (9) incoming men's basketball freshmen.
                            Bernie is sure to find a diamond in the rough. Maybe 2??

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Bernie is sure to find a diamond in the rough. Maybe 2??
                              As they say, this ain't his first rodeo. But, that's a whole lot of diapers for one coach to handle lol.

But, no doubt, he'll have a couple good ones.

Comment

As they say, this ain't his first rodeo. But, that's a whole lot of diapers for one coach to handle lol.

But, no doubt, he'll have a couple good ones.
                                Haven't seen a final report on Chris Fite's class, but there are sure to be a lot of new faces at Ship, whether freshmen or through the portal. This might be the Raiders' most extensive rebuilding job since his first season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X