Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    Yeah, I had seen that. Seems like a good kid. I hope it all works out at Ship.

Comment

• Shippensburg 93, Kutztown 50. That includes a 17-0 run midway through the second half after the verdict was already decided.

Highlights were 23 points by the ever-driving Markus Frank, Kyle Whippen with 17 points against his former teammates, and crowd favorite Ty Holsopple rolling up 10 rebounds upon entering the game with nine minutes left. And Fite said postgame that it might have been the first complete game they've played.

Bernie and his gang are having a rough, rough go of it.
      Last edited by jrshooter; 02-10-2024, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Shippensburg 93, Kutztown 50. That includes a 17-0 run midway through the second half after the verdict was already decided.

Highlights were 23 points by the ever-driving Markus Frank, Kyle Whippen with 17 points against his former teammates, and crowd favorite Ty Holsopple rolling up 10 rebounds upon entering the game with nine minutes left. And Fite said postgame that it might have been the first complete game they've played.

I agree with Coach Fite. That's probably the first time they've put together two good halves in a game this season. Frank was good as usual, but there were also contributions from Whippen and Hill, solid defense, and the three-pointers and free throws were dropping for a change. Probably the best overall game from Donovan Hill so far. Add a couple of new guys to the mix next season, and I think they might have the basis for a decent team. Mansfield's recent slump has actually given them a shot at the conference tourney, although with games against East Stroud, West Chester, and Lock Haven left, that seems like an outside shot. They do get a shot at Mansfield Wednesday.

That was a tough game for Kutztown. He's got some decent looking freshmen there, but they are still freshmen and seemed to get rattled when the game got away from them. They threw up a lot of very ugly shots the second half. Hard to understand how Ship managed to lose to them by 12 up there.

Comment

That was probably the most embarrassing game from this program I have ever seen. It feels like they hit their stride for a short time before crashing back down. I don't know if this freshman overhaul will work or not. It feels like by now this team should be seeing some sort of growth and it doesn't look like it so far. If this team doesn't look improved next season, Bernie has to be let go. It feels like he's digging a hole and can't get out of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TDBoi8136 View Post

That was probably the most embarrassing game from this program I have ever seen. It feels like they hit their stride for a short time before crashing back down. I don't know if this freshman overhaul will work or not. It feels like by now this team should be seeing some sort of growth and it doesn't look like it so far. If this team doesn't look improved next season, Bernie has to be let go. It feels like he's digging a hole and can't get out of it.
            A couple of his freshmen are pretty good. Today looked like they just didn't give a F. Ship isn't that good this year.

Question will be if the few good freshmen actually stay.

Comment

• 4 more double-digit scorers, another with 9 and another with 8 as the Warriors run West Chester out of Koehler Fieldhouse, winning 103-79. Tyshawn Trail led ESU with 22 points, going 7-12 from the floor including 2 3-pointers. Lakeem McAliley had 16 points and went 6-8 from the foul line. Those FTs move him into the top 10 in career FTs. His 4 steals moves him into 9th place all-time at ESU. Shamir Johnson came off the bench to net 13 points, and Nasir Griffin was a perfect 4-4 from the floor and 3-4 from the foul line to score 12 points. ESU's bench outscored West Chester's reserves 37-15. The Warriors head to Lock Haven seeking to avenge a 5-point loss on January 17th.
              Last edited by WarriorVoice; 02-10-2024, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

A couple of his freshmen are pretty good. Today looked like they just didn't give a F. Ship isn't that good this year.

Question will be if the few good freshmen actually stay.
                Fair enough, but Ship played pretty well today. Really the first game when they've had more than 1-2 guys clicking on all cylinders. They're about two players away from being a decent team. They have a couple of guards hitting the floor next season who could give Frank some help with scoring. If Fite can bring in a wide body or two, they could be formidable on the boards next season. Whippen is starting to get it, and Hill is rebounding well and starting to get a few shots to fall. They don't have the talent to stay with the big boys this season, but I think the road to recovery begins next year.

Comment

Coaches have a shelf life regardless of the past. You see far too many in situations like Bernie is in who stay far too long.

The game eventually passes them by.

The older coaches in our league who are refusing to play in the new transfer world game (Bernie, Rukavina, etc.) are suffering through awful seasons.

I also have to wonder how well today's (all about me) players bond with coaches of their age bracket.

My guess is the couple good freshmen Kutztown has will be on the first bus out of town next month. Kids today don't like being part of a rebuild. Some of them now have the quality film to transfer to a contender immediately for next season.

Comment

Coaches have a shelf life regardless of the past. You see far too many in situations like Bernie is in who stay far too long.

The game eventually passes them by.

The older coaches in our league who are refusing to play in the new transfer world game (Bernie, Rukavina, etc.) are suffering through awful seasons.

I also have to wonder how well today's (all about me) players bond with coaches of their age bracket.

My guess is the couple good freshmen Kutztown has will be on the first bus out of town next month. Kids today don't like being part of a rebuild. Some of them now have the quality film to transfer to a contender immediately for next season.
                    One season doesn't paint a fair picture of a coach's body of work. Everybody lays an egg, like the posts calling for Bernie and Bob to be let go...Shame on you. Stick to trolling announcers.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

One season doesn't paint a fair picture of a coach's body of work. Everybody lays an egg, like the posts calling for Bernie and Bob to be let go...Shame on you. Stick to trolling announcers.
                      It ends. That's reality. Granted, D2 gets a much, much longer leash than D1.

BTW, when I do have to watch online, I typically just mute (with a couple exceptions).
                      Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-11-2024, 09:18 AM.

Comment

It ends. That's reality. Granted, D2 gets a much, much longer leash than D1.

BTW, when I do have to watch online, I typically just mute (with a couple exceptions).
                        You're right. It ends, but thankfully you're not the one making the decision...

Comment

I don't find that IUPbigIndians does a lot of trolling. You need to develop a thicker skini.

Comment

You clearly don't know squat about KU basketball the last few years. The program has stumbled badly and a lot of the blame falls at Bernie's feet. The game has clearly gone passed him. He either does not have an eye for recruiting anymore or can't simply coach up the players. It's an incredibly risky gamble to bank on rostering 9 freshmen to develop and elevate the team. If the team and those players don't show progress next season, he has to go. You can't keep looking back at what has already happened, otherwise you're gonna miss what is right in front of you. Bernie did a lot in the past, but it might be time to let him go and bring in someone who understands the modern game.

Comment

You clearly don't know squat about KU basketball the last few years. The program has stumbled badly and a lot of the blame falls at Bernie's feet. The game has clearly gone passed him. He either does not have an eye for recruiting anymore or can't simply coach up the players. It's an incredibly risky gamble to bank on rostering 9 freshmen to develop and elevate the team. If the team and those players don't show progress next season, he has to go. You can't keep looking back at what has already happened, otherwise you're gonna miss what is right in front of you. Bernie did a lot in the past, but it might be time to let him go and bring in someone who understands the modern game.
                              I haven't been to a game in years, and I am not quite sure what is meant by the modern game that everyone mentions. I refer back to the Hoosiers movie when they measure the court. Sure the 3 point line and shot clock changed the game, but the game is still the same, defend and put the ball in the basket. A good coach can adapt to defenses and players; that has always been part of the game. Dean Smith coached for decades. What am I missing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

I haven't been to a game in years, and I am not quite sure what is meant by the modern game that everyone mentions. I refer back to the Hoosiers movie when they measure the court. Sure the 3 point line and shot clock changed the game, but the game is still the same, defend and put the ball in the basket. A good coach can adapt to defenses and players; that has always been part of the game. Dean Smith coached for decades. What am I missing?
                                The people are what's different. Jimmy Chitwood didn't have "handlers" or other people in his ear telling him he had a shot a million dollar payday.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X