Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    I don't know specifics, but Ship probably was frustrated getting its defenders backed into the lane all night.
    Well, that pretty much plays us out of everything. They've had a good chance to win seven of the eight games they've lost. In the past three days they've lost an overtime game they would have won if they'd hit 5 of 27 three-point attempts in regulation and tonight lose one by one point when they couldn't hit half of their free throws. Just one of those seasons with a lot of unexplainable stuff, but in the grand scheme of things it's still about putting the ball in the basket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
      Bloom 78 Mansfield 74 Mansfield hasn't won an away game all year.

Smith only 22 points. Watching him on the bench during a timeout, he never looked at the coach.

That's actually above his average (20.7 ppg). The leading scorer in the PSAC is at 20.8 ppg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That's actually above his average (20.7 ppg). The leading scorer in the PSAC is at 20.8 ppg.
        He was averaging 56 points a game against Bloom. Teams averaging 85 points against Bloom. Defense wins games.

Comment

• ESU Men were ppd. last night. It will be a rough stretch to finish the regular season for the Warriors. They'll host Shepherd on Saturday, play at Lock Haven Monday, host Mansfield Wednesday and play at West Chester on the 26th to end the season. The 4 games left means the East is still winnable for ESU. They'll need to win out and hope that Millersville gets tripped up by either Lock Haven or West Chester. Heat up the popcorn!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
            ESU Men were ppd. last night. It will be a rough stretch to finish the regular season for the Warriors. They'll host Shepherd on Saturday, play at Lock Haven Monday, host Mansfield Wednesday and play at West Chester on the 26th to end the season. The 4 games left means the East is still winnable for ESU. They'll need to win out and hope that Millersville gets tripped up by either Lock Haven or West Chester. Heat up the popcorn!!!
            I'll say. If Shippensburg had made one more shot in regulation time of both games this past week they'd be in first place. The Raiders, also thanks to a postponement with Mansfield, start a four-game stretch to the finish on Saturday at Bloomsburg. Hopefully for Ship fans the shooting eyes will come back. Tell you what, the 4, 5, and 6 teams are playing some of the best ball in the division at times recently. It certainly doesn't look as if there'll be any gimmes in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I'll say. If Shippensburg had made one more shot in regulation time of both games this past week they'd be in first place. The Raiders, also thanks to a postponement with Mansfield, start a four-game stretch to the finish on Saturday at Bloomsburg. Hopefully for Ship fans the shooting eyes will come back. Tell you what, the 4, 5, and 6 teams are playing some of the best ball in the division at times recently. It certainly doesn't look as if there'll be any gimmes in the playoffs.
              The thing is, if you put your trust in a team that lives or dies by its long-range shooting, you will inevitably wind up disappointed.

Unless it's Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson casting up those threes.

Comment

The thing is, if you put your trust in a team that lives or dies by its long-range shooting, you will inevitably wind up disappointed.

Or, just hit a dang free throw.

Those last two losses Ship went 15-24 (62.5%) and 11-23 (48.8%) at the charity stripe.

That's crazy with the quality of shooters on that team.

Hit a couple more FTs and they win both games.

Comment

Or, just hit a dang free throw.

Those last two losses Ship went 15-24 (62.5%) and 11-23 (48.8%) at the charity stripe.

That's crazy with the quality of shooters on that team.

Hit a couple more FTs and they win both games.
                  Shippensburg currently ranks 17th in the PSAC in both FT and FG percentage. They rank 11th in 3-point shooting percentage.

Comment

Comment

• There are some real beauties out there this year when it comes to FTs. Bold indicates teams on list at or above .500 winning percentage. Half the CIAA is 67% or less.

Atlantic Region Men's

Edinboro - 69%
                      Seton Hill - 69%
                      Davis & Elkins - 68%
                      Clarion - 67%
                      Alderson Broaddus - 67%
                      Millersville - 67%
                      Virginia State - 67%
                      Virginia Union - 66%
                      Shippensburg - 66%
                      Claflin - 65%
                      Shaw - 64%
                      WV Wesleyan - 65%
                      Glenville State - 63%
                      Winston-Salem State - 63%
                      Livingstone - 59%
                      Bloomsburg - 59%

Comment

There are some real beauties out there this year when it comes to FTs. Bold indicates teams on list at or above .500 winning percentage. Half the CIAA is 67% or less.

Atlantic Region Men's

Edinboro - 69%
                        Seton Hill - 69%
                        Davis & Elkins - 68%
                        Clarion - 67%
                        Alderson Broaddus - 67%
                        Millersville - 67%
                        Virginia State - 67%
                        Virginia Union - 66%
                        Shippensburg - 66%
                        Claflin - 65%
                        Shaw - 64%
                        WV Wesleyan - 65%
                        Glenville State - 63%
                        Winston-Salem State - 63%
                        Livingstone - 59%
                        Bloomsburg - 59%
                        Yup, hard to believe that Ship led the nation at over 80 percent not that many years ago. What has me puzzled is that I've seen these same guys shoot FTs much better in the past. It's been a bizarre season. When I saw the stats on the West Chester game the other night, I just thought perhaps Ship had tired legs in the second half. But they actually shot better in the second half than they did the first. Certainly should be an interesting playoff tournament this year. For most of the PSAC teams, it just seems to depend which form of the team shows up on a given night.

Comment

• Numbers don't lie.

Comment

Yup, hard to believe that Ship led the nation at over 80 percent not that many years ago. What has me puzzled is that I've seen these same guys shoot FTs much better in the past. It's been a bizarre season. When I saw the stats on the West Chester game the other night, I just thought perhaps Ship had tired legs in the second half. But they actually shot better in the second half than they did the first. Certainly should be an interesting playoff tournament this year. For most of the PSAC teams, it just seems to depend which form of the team shows up on a given night.
                            I expect Biss to bury his foul shots. Same with Rashon Johnson, same with Hardy. All three have FT-shooting form that would lend itself to high percentages. All are around 75 percent.

There's some hope for the future in that Dunn and Recchia have been lights-out from the line when they've gotten the chance.

Comment

I expect Biss to bury his foul shots. Same with Rashon Johnson, same with Hardy. All three have FT-shooting form that would lend itself to high percentages. All are around 75 percent.

There's some hope for the future in that Dunn and Recchia have been lights-out from the line when they've gotten the chance.
                              I agree about Dunn and Recchia, and Dunn will have to be a key player next year, especially if some of the Ship juniors depart. Recchia can shoot, but his size worries me given some of the tallish young guards I've seen around the league this year. Fite will need to pick up some size, either by recruiting or through transfer. The fact that Biss, Johnson, and Hardy are good free throw shooters and have demonstrated as much this year made the Monday FT debacle against West Chester all that much harder to understand. They made only 10-of-17 Monday, and Carter, who made both his three-point attempts, was 0-for-3. Sleva has been a decent three-point shooter, but last I looked hadn't hit even 60 percent of his free throws. Just one of those years, I guess. I like these kids and they play hard, but it's been a shame to see several good defensive efforts wasted.

Comment

I agree about Dunn and Recchia, and Dunn will have to be a key player next year, especially if some of the Ship juniors depart. Recchia can shoot, but his size worries me given some of the tallish young guards I've seen around the league this year. Fite will need to pick up some size, either by recruiting or through transfer. The fact that Biss, Johnson, and Hardy are good free throw shooters and have demonstrated as much this year made the Monday FT debacle against West Chester all that much harder to understand. They made only 10-of-17 Monday, and Carter, who made both his three-point attempts, was 0-for-3. Sleva has been a decent three-point shooter, but last I looked hadn't hit even 60 percent of his free throws. Just one of those years, I guess. I like these kids and they play hard, but it's been a shame to see several good defensive efforts wasted.
                                Hey, they could be the (0-8) baseball team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X