Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helluva weekend for Ship. They jump on The Rock from the start and ride Carlos Carter's 33-point night to a 75-59 win.

Pretty clearly the Raiders' best outing of the young season. They shoot 53 percent from the floor and 50 percent outside the arc. And defensively, they gave The Rock almost nothing in the paint. Lot of contested threes (6-for-25, 2-for-13 after halftime).

Fite said afterwards that he wishes they played again tomorrow. But it's a 10-day break ahead.

The Ship women win a big one too, 92-70. Lauren Pettis 20 and 12 boards, Ariel Jones 19 and 11, Treasure George 19. They're now 6-1.
    Last edited by jrshooter; 12-03-2022, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
      Helluva weekend for Ship. They jump on The Rock from the start and ride Carlos Carter's 33-point night to a 75-59 win.

Pretty clearly the Raiders' best outing of the young season. They shoot 53 percent from the floor and 50 percent outside the arc. And defensively, they gave The Rock almost nothing in the paint. Lot of contested threes (6-for-25, 2-for-13 after halftime).

Fite said afterwards that he wishes they played again tomorrow. But it's a 10-day break ahead.

The Ship women win a big one too, 92-70. Lauren Pettis 20 and 12 boards, Ariel Jones 19 and 11, Treasure George 19. They're now 6-1.
      Gave Carter a fist bump after the game and said that whatever got into him Saturday night he should keep doing it. He was all over the floor, grabbing rebounds, hitting lay-ins and sizzling from three-point land. What differentiated this from the first few games was that the entire team played a solid 40 minutes without much letup. They were still playing hard defense up 20 with five minutes to play. I'd still like to see more points out of the backcourt, but it's hard to find anything to complain about tonight. I'll say one thing about this year's Ship team; whoever plays them had better be prepared to be contested on the boards.

With the women's big win, it must be a long bus ride home to Slippery Rock.

Comment

• This is going to be an entertaining division this season. Not sure anybody can challenge ESU, but the battle for the next spot is going to be intense.

Updated EAST Men's Standings
        TEAM CONFERENCE OVERALL STREAK
        East Stroudsburg 2-0 5-0 W5
        Lock Haven 2-0 6-1 W4
        Millersville 2-0 5-3 W4
        Shippensburg 2-0 4-3 W3
        Kutztown 2-0 2-5 W2
        West Chester 1-1 5-2 W1
        Shepherd 1-1 4-3 W1
        Mansfield 1-1 2-3 W1
        Bloomsburg 0-2 0-5 L5

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          This is going to be an entertaining division this season. Not sure anybody can challenge ESU, but the battle for the next spot is going to be intense.

Updated EAST Men's Standings
          TEAM CONFERENCE OVERALL STREAK
          East Stroudsburg 2-0 5-0 W5
          Lock Haven 2-0 6-1 W4
          Millersville 2-0 5-3 W4
          Shippensburg 2-0 4-3 W3
          Kutztown 2-0 2-5 W2
          West Chester 1-1 5-2 W1
          Shepherd 1-1 4-3 W1
          Mansfield 1-1 2-3 W1
          Bloomsburg 0-2 0-5 L5
          ESU's depth will be hard to match this season.

Comment

• Charleston 50
            Bloomsburg 27

Half

Comment

• Shippensburg women at Mercyhurst ... after one quarter, Shippensburg 19, Mercyhurst 0.

Comment

Shippensburg women at Mercyhurst ... after one quarter, Shippensburg 19, Mercyhurst 0.
                Won’t be like that for the men!

Comment

• It's not going to be like that for the women. Mercyhurst proceeded to score at a 124-point pace in the second quarter. 39-31 at the break.

Comment

• In the final analysis, Ariel Jones finally went nuts. 48 points, easily a career high, in Ship's 85-71 victory over Mercyhurst. She tied the conference single-game record and set the school record.

https://twitter.com/ShipURaiders/sta...68365175132164
                    Last edited by jrshooter; 12-18-2022, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• I generally hesitate to jump the gun like this. But eight minutes in, and I don't see Ship's men having any success today in Erie. Not that Mercyhurst is playing well, but the Raiders look totally dysfunctional offensively.

Comment

• Wow. Seton Hill takes down East Stroudsburg at the buzzer on a Dillon 3 pointer. After turning it over the possession before and giving up an And 1 dunk

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post
                          Wow. Seton Hill takes down East Stroudsburg at the buzzer on a Dillon 3 pointer. After turning it over the possession before and giving up an And 1 dunk
                          Tough loss on the road today. The Warriors need to come out of the locker room ready to play tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post
                            Wow. Seton Hill takes down East Stroudsburg at the buzzer on a Dillon 3 pointer. After turning it over the possession before and giving up an And 1 dunk
                            I just watched the playback. That final minute was nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Tough loss on the road today. The Warriors need to come out of the locker room ready to play tomorrow.
                              That dump of a gym isn't easy to play in.

Comment

I generally hesitate to jump the gun like this. But eight minutes in, and I don't see Ship's men having any success today in Erie. Not that Mercyhurst is playing well, but the Raiders look totally dysfunctional offensively.
                                Turned into a blowout. I can't figure out this team at all, and I'm not sure Coach Fite has them figured out, either. I thought they were on an upward trend after the Slippery Rock and Fairmont games, but certainly not tonight. They've been a good road team the past few years, but have been terrible away so far this year. Perhaps will get into the PSAC playoffs, but I think we can kiss the NCAAs an early good-bye this season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X