Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    'HURST WBB was eliminated from post season play by the VULCANS 75-54. Other than 3pt shooting, CAL'S game was sloppy but the LAKERS were worse. Hitting 8-15 3s to 3-9 for the visitors pretty much sealed the deal but for good measure getting 10 extra TOs and 13 extra shots concluded things.
    A brief rest before heading to Erie on Saturday to decide the #1 seed in the West against GANNON.
    Should be a heck of a game!

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post

Should be a heck of a game!
      Lots of noise on Senior day. Both games feature possible post-season match-ups. Should be fun.
      Funny memory from over 50 years ago in that building. My high school, Pgh South Hills Catholic ( now Seton LaSalle) brought 2-3 busloads of students to root on the Rebels against Erie Cathedral Prep in a semi-final of the PCIAA state championship tourney. Can't remember the score because after SHC won a close game, we students had to run a gauntlet of snowballs to get back to our buses. In the ensuing melee, one of our chaperones, a chemistry teacher, Brother Albert, ended up in a nearby fountain. What fun that was, except for Brother Albert.

Comment

Comment

Cleve starting the seniors, including the last player off the bench. Always like that.

Comment

Comment

cat fight

Comment

As they've done for the last 8 games VULCANS WBB has turned up the defense and held their opponent to less than 60 pts winning the PSAC WEST 63-57 over Gannon. That JS DEFENSE gave GU 10 fewer shots (48-58) turning them over 9 more times (23-14) for a +9 in points off turnovers which was enough to pull out a hard fought W. Shauna Harrison led CAL U scoring with 22 pts including 5-7 3ptrs. She was supported by Terrell with 13 and Loyd with 10
                The team will finally have a breather until Wednesday when they'll get the lowest remaining seed at the ANGELO DOME where they're 11-1 on the year. Big Congrats to Coach Strom and her outstanding team.

Comment

Also doesn't bode well that the opponent on Wed will likely be either SHU or IUP who are responsible for 3 of 6 GANNON WBB losses this season.

Comment

As they've done for the last 8 games VULCANS WBB has turned up the defense and held their opponent to less than 60 pts winning the PSAC WEST 63-57 over Gannon. That JS DEFENSE gave GU 10 fewer shots (48-58) turning them over 9 more times (23-14) for a +9 in points off turnovers which was enough to pull out a hard fought W. Shauna Harrison led CAL U scoring with 22 pts including 5-7 3ptrs. She was supported by Terrell with 13 and Loyd with 10
                    The team will finally have a breather until Wednesday when they'll get the lowest remaining seed at the ANGELO DOME where they're 11-1 on the year. Big Congrats to Coach Strom and her outstanding team.
                    Stifling defense... wow, that sounds familiar.

Eight years since the national title and the formula doesn't seem to change at Cal...
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Stifling defense... wow, that sounds familiar.

Eight years since the national title and the formula doesn't seem to change at Cal...
                      I don't know if it was her time as a point guard at PSU, but JS bases her entire strategy on the belief, usually correct, that the weakest part of WBB is ball handling. She teaches her players to be aggressive but to avoid fouling. So far this season they have 10 fewer total PF than their opponents while managing 5 more steals and 8 more TO per game. The major difference between this very good team and the NC is on offense. While Dejah Terrell is a very strong scorer, options #2-Loyd & #3-Harrison are simply not consistent. If the shooting, especially 3pt, is off it's too easy for anyone's defense to fall back, cover DT and dare #s 2&3 to beat them. A very nice team but not nearly as complete as '14-15.

Comment

There's a video circulating of the Gannon student announcers when the Cal players went to center court. Here's my best attempt at what the Gannon guys said ON AIR:

A: "And the Gannon personnel out there ushering the Cal people off the court. Cleve Wright sent the team out there to say, 'Hey you don't get on our logo.'"

B: "Well, I mean, what do you do? When you're a public school, you take low blows like that. And California, uhh, tends to, uhh, likes to undercut most things, because well, that's what their program does. Let's be honest folks. So, I've always been not a fan of Cal or Coach Strom. She doesn't have a decent bone in her body."

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

There's a video circulating of the Gannon student announcers when the Cal players went to center court. Here's my best attempt at what the Gannon guys said ON AIR:

A: "And the Gannon personnel out there ushering the Cal people off the court. Cleve Wright sent the team out there to say, 'Hey you don't get on our logo.'"

B: "Well, I mean, what do you do? When you're a public school, you take low blows like that. And California, uhh, tends to, uhh, likes to undercut most things, because well, that's what their program does. Let's be honest folks. So, I've always been not a fan of Cal or Coach Strom. She doesn't have a decent bone in her body."
                          wow

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Heard it myself and must say it doesn't reflect well on a Catholic university but it is a fairly accurate view into the attitude of the students and faculty of the PSAC privates. It is also shows an epic ignorance of the game of basketball and how it should be played. I've never known JS to be bothered in the least what people, players, coaches or commentators have to say about her. Say something about one of her players and you'll see an entirely different Coach Jess !!

Comment

Heard it myself and must say it doesn't reflect well on a Catholic university but it is a fairly accurate view into the attitude of the students and faculty of the PSAC privates. It is also shows an epic ignorance of the game of basketball and how it should be played. I've never known JS to be bothered in the least what people, players, coaches or commentators have to say about her. Say something about one of her players and you'll see an entirely different Coach Jess !!
                              To say that on a live mic ... Gannon should remove both of them immediately.

If they are the same duo that calls the men's games up there ... this isn't a surprise. They are basically cheerleaders instead of commentators.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

To say that on a live mic ... Gannon should remove both of them immediately.

If they are the same duo that calls the men's games up there ... this isn't a surprise. They are basically cheerleaders instead of commentators.
                                They are the same for both! Horrible... I made sure I called them Homers when I walked by them at the IUP/Gannon game. All they did was give me a dirty look. Tough guys behind a mic but when called out they do nothing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X