Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Which guys were you listening to? The Ship announcers actually were giving pretty favorable commentary about IUP for most of the game.
    I thought the announcers did a nice job. Was there a little extra excitement when ESU made plays? Sure, but everyone loves an upset in March. It’s kind of boring to see the favorite win all the time. When I’m watching the NCAA Tournament and root for teams like North South Baptist Tech A&M, I don’t dislike the blue blood they’re playing. It just makes it a little more fun. Overall I thought it was an excellent broadcast.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Right. I’m sure the powers that be in the PSAC were just furious that IUP was giving the conference name recognition as being the #1 ranked team in the country for much of the 2nd half of the season.

Do you ever think about some of the stuff you say?
      What did they do after the IUP foosball program gave the Pee Sack recognition in the early 90’s?

Exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I thought the announcers did a nice job. Was there a little extra excitement when ESU made plays? Sure, but everyone loves an upset in March. It’s kind of boring to see the favorite win all the time. When I’m watching the NCAA Tournament and root for teams like North South Baptist Tech A&M, I don’t dislike the blue blood they’re playing. It just makes it a little more fun. Overall I thought it was an excellent broadcast.
        In the right bracket, North South Baptist Tech A&M could make a deep run this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
          ESU & WCU have to be pleased that there were no cinderella surprises in the MEC or PSAC semis today. All 4 locks will play tomorrow, so at large bids are safe. In fact, I'm of a mind that IUP already has hosting rights sewn up, so pride may be the only thing on the line in both finals tomorrow.
          Today could be battle for the 2 seed. I don't think it matters if IUP loses today after yesterday's win.

If Mercy wins today and WL loses, the Lakers may pass them up.

Regardless, I still think WL and Mercy will ultimately play each other next Sunday in Round 2.

Comment

• Quite the preview for next weekend today.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

What did they do after the IUP foosball program gave the Pee Sack recognition in the early 90’s?

Exactly.
              Just an FYI…

Gary Manchel was attempting to call a timeout with about 7 seconds left in the game with IUP up 1. They didn’t give him the TO until 2.3 seconds left. An incredibly terrible call that essentially all but sealed an IUP win, although they had to survive a desperation three at the buzzer.

For being so hated by the league, it’s amazing Steve Murray didn’t buzz down to put those 5 seconds back on the clock.

Comment

Just an FYI…

Gary Manchel was attempting to call a timeout with about 7 seconds left in the game with IUP up 1. They didn’t give him the TO until 2.3 seconds left. An incredibly terrible call that essentially all but sealed an IUP win, although they had to survive a desperation three at the buzzer.

For being so hated by the league, it’s amazing Steve Murray didn’t buzz down to put those 5 seconds back on the clock.
                IUP also had fouls to give and no foul to burn clock. Yikes!

Comment

Exactly.
                  When you have to go back 30 years to make your case, you're losing half of your target audience...No one has ever held IUP back from leaving DII. Have some more cheese with your whine...

Comment

Just an FYI…

The announcer said that but if you look at the video, it’s at most at 4 seconds, more like 3 that he makes the T signal. Was he yelling before that ? Maybe, but it’s hard to tell for sure. Probably should have called it as soon as they got the ball but he didn’t.

Comment

Just an FYI…

He’s a Gannon grad. He probably only hates Mercyhurst more than IUP when The Lake Show is a position for success.

:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

When you have to go back 30 years to make your case, you're losing half of your target audience...No one has ever held IUP back from leaving DII. Have some more cheese with your whine...
                        Speaking of a school that benefitted from the IUP Rule in the 2000’s.

Comment

Speaking of a school that benefitted from the IUP Rule in the 2000’s.
                          Everybody benefits from being in your presence...I'll stand upwind if you don't mind...

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                            The announcer said that but if you look at the video, it’s at most at 4 seconds, more like 3 that he makes the T signal. Was he yelling before that ? Maybe, but it’s hard to tell for sure. Probably should have called it as soon as they got the ball but he didn’t.
                            I don’t know… They rebounded the ball with 11 seconds left on the clock. As soon as they crossed half court, he was signaling it. There were 6-7 seconds left. Sometimes the clock on the streams are off, but 7 seconds didn’t come off the clock before Manchel started signaling it. 4-5 at most. IUP dodged a major bullet there.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

IUP also had fouls to give and no foul to burn clock. Yikes!
                              I thought the same thing. Joe even said after the game that he blew it and got bailed out.

Comment

• Doubt there’s any surprises. I’m going to guess this is our field:

1. IUP
                                2. West Liberty
                                3. Mercyhurst
                                4. Fairmont State
                                5. Virginia Union
                                6. East Stroudsburg
                                7. UPJ
                                8. Winston Salem

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...