Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Looks like another Gannon castaway to Edinboro, Ian McNeill.
    He's got to be like 26... seriously

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

... 26 and a walk-on is quite odd

Comment

I think Dom Keyes wasn't far off - but at least he took some time off.

Comment

I think Dom Keyes wasn't far off - but at least he took some time off.
          Is he finally done? I thought I heard he (amazingly) still has another year?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Is he finally done? I thought I heard he (amazingly) still has another year?
            If he hasn't already I think he might finish out his degree but not play in protest of how they treated Cleary. For those who haven't heard, Cleary's wife resigned as the head track coach and assistant cross country coach. So now Edinboro doesn't have coaches for cross country or track. Not even an assistant to make interim - and cross country team reports to campus in 3 weeks. What a cluster.

Comment

If he hasn't already I think he might finish out his degree but not play in protest of how they treated Cleary. For those who haven't heard, Cleary's wife resigned as the head track coach and assistant cross country coach. So now Edinboro doesn't have coaches for cross country or track. Not even an assistant to make interim - and cross country team reports to campus in 3 weeks. What a cluster.
              Good! Edinboro is turning into a joke with all this garbage. It's like they are trying to get rid of sports.

Comment

How in the world can he not have a degree by now? I mean that in all seriousness. I know he took some time off but he was at UPJ for a year, Harford for a year, IUP for two years, and now Edinboro for three years. That's (7) academic years.

He is a good player at this level. He'd really shine on a team that he could be more of an impact role player. I think he'd have been great at IUP alongside Cobo. He's much bigger and more skilled than Staunch was, but remember back to Staunch's first year (on that really good Edinboro team). He was just kind of the spark-plug, forgotten guy and he crushed teams that season. The following year when he was forced in to more of 'the guy' role he wasn't nearly as effective.

Comment

Good! Edinboro is turning into a joke with all this garbage. It's like they are trying to get rid of sports.

The old pickins' are pretty slim when you can a popular coach and then take an eternity to name his successor.

I'd assume the new HC is just concerned with getting a roster completed. They may be horrendously bad this year.

Comment

he's 24.. born in 1999

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

How in the world can he not have a degree by now? I mean that in all seriousness. I know he took some time off but he was at UPJ for a year, Harford for a year, IUP for two years, and now Edinboro for three years. That's (7) academic years.

He is a good player at this level. He'd really shine on a team that he could be more of an impact role player. I think he'd have been great at IUP alongside Cobo. He's much bigger and more skilled than Staunch was, but remember back to Staunch's first year (on that really good Edinboro team). He was just kind of the spark-plug, forgotten guy and he crushed teams that season. The following year when he was forced in to more of 'the guy' role he wasn't nearly as effective.
                      Edit: got word Keyes graduated in May.
                      Last edited by Fightingscot82; 07-27-2023, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Its insane thinking back on what we thought was as joke just a few years ago. What a rapid decline. I think they thought this merger would at worst give them a few more years but I think its actually accelerated the fall.

I LOVED that school most of my life. I can't bear going on campus anymore. I still donate to support football but I have no interest in seeing a game.

Comment

• Any word on the following guys in the portal: Jonaitis (Gannon), Green (SHU), Polce (IUP)?

Sam Tabe of SHU has committed to South Alabama.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSACwatcher View Post
                            Any word on the following guys in the portal: Jonaitis (Gannon), Green (SHU), Polce (IUP)?

Sam Tabe of SHU has committed to South Alabama.
                            Tabe signed with South Alabama months ago.

Polce went with Fudala down to USCB.

No word on Jonaitis (although I could see him at Edinboro)

Comment

• Polce had a lot of interest in the portal. He had several GMAC offers (Walsh, Ashland and Malone) and also an MEC offer from Concord. Fudala did most of Joe's recruiting while he was here so he likely had a good connection with Polce. Mercyhurst went after him hard out of high school but I don't think they offered him this transfer season.

USCB will debut this season. The roster is very young.

Polce is a tremendous athlete with good guard size. He has a nice shot, too, although he wasn't allowed to shoot at IUP.

I don't know the whole story with what went down with him and Joe. But, nonetheless, he got in to that dog house and never came out.

Comment

• This just in...Transferring doesn't always mean greener grass...I saw this on Twitter this morning:

2022-23 CBB Transfer Portal Stats

With most universities starting classes in the coming weeks, of all the athletes that have committed to a new program, 1 out of 12 players who transferred this year went up in the portal, the rest have either transferred lateral or down.

With most of the rosters finalized, 45% of players who entered the portal this year will not play NCAA basketball in the upcoming 2023-24 season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X