Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

My money is on the nothing-left-to-prove theory coupled with a bit of a domino effect. No one wants to be the lone Senior (or 5th year or 15th year) left on a rebuilding roster. Once the first guy or two decided to try it out, the others may have followed.
    I am with you on the reasons. Even with the departures, the cupboard is far from bare. Davis was fl 6a player of year. Got a Chattanooga hs pg for 2023 who led a top 25 team in usa. former 4 star d1 transfer.
    rebuilding for Crutch is going 24-4.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's possible.

We've been discussing it on the IUP thread, but typically the head assistant does most of the recruiting. The HC swoops in at the end but the players usually have that first bond/connection with the assistant who recruited him.

Ron Fudala was really IUP's ace recruiter for four years and he left for a D2 HC job last year. Naturally, he's down in South Carolina and poaching WPIAL players (yet another dog at the bowl).

To leave Ft. Lauderdale for Erie's winters (and a total rebuild) ... you'd have to really like your old assistant. I did see Fee's first recruit is from Georgia so who knows.
      On a local news interview Tues, Fee did make a comment about how he really enjoys recruiting and is excited to get to be the final decisionmaker, not having to get the final approval elsewhere 😂

Comment

• I sure won’t complain about seeing that all star team disband. Leaves the door wide open for WL if we can find another alpha to replace Butler

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post
          Man this is so weird I find it hard to believe there isn’t something going on with Crutch. Never seen anything like this given the circumstances
          Yep...Makes you wonder what is going on. Playing on a championship team, in a system were everyone eats, for a legendary coach, in Ft Lauderdale (where people just assume EVERYONE wants to be). Seems to be a no brainer that the players would want to stay but clearly, something is not right.

Comment

• Winston-Salem's big guy just entered the portal (Jaylon Gibson).

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post
              I sure won’t complain about seeing that all star team disband. Leaves the door wide open for WL if we can find another alpha to replace Butler
              While Butler is the biggest loss, don't forget we are also losing our #3 and 4 scorers McKinney and Cannady. We return two double digit scorers in Montague (12.1 PPG) and Sarson (10.3 PPG). I wonder how long we can keep shaving off the top of our team to the transfer portal before it starts to have serious on-court effects? Even though this year turned out good, let's not forget were we started with a second five that was not at all ready for prime time. Typically and particularly under Ben, except for a few individual player kinks, the team has been set and ready to go for game one.

Just looking at the roster, we will probably see a starting five of Montague, Sarson, Rasile, West and Hinds with a second five of John Korte (transfer), Woodward, Spadfora and some collection of two of Barnhart, and the three true freshmen. They are not without talent and potential, but we are leaning pretty heavily on players that haven't yet proven to be top tier guys for the Black & Gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Yep...Makes you wonder what is going on. Playing on a championship team, in a system were everyone eats, for a legendary coach, in Ft Lauderdale (where people just assume EVERYONE wants to be). Seems to be a no brainer that the players would want to stay but clearly, something is not right.
                I don’t necessarily think there’s anything “not right” going on. As others have said, they just won the natty, not to mention went undefeated doing so. What more is there to do? And it’s easier than ever to move up as long as someone has a spot for you. Nova just happens to have a lot of good players so from the outside it looks like something nefarious is going on.

As much as we all love D2 hoops, adding to your legacy at this level probably doesn’t mean all that much to many players. They’re gonna strike while the iron is hot and see if they can play D1.

Comment

• updated transfers from schools

PSAC (PSAC Avg. = 3.22 per school)
                  Bloomsburg - 2
                  Cal PA - 2
                  Clarion - 6
                  ESU - 2
                  Boro - 4
                  Gannon - 11 (up)
                  IUP - 7
                  Kutztown - 3
                  Lock Haven - 0
                  Mansfield - 4 (up)
                  Mercyhurst - 5
                  Millersville - 2
                  UPJ - 0
                  Seton Hill - 3
                  Shepherd - 1
                  Ships - 2
                  Rock - 3 (up)
                  West Chester - 1

Elsewhere (National Avg, min of 5 transfers = 6.36)
                  Adams State - 9
                  Arkansas- Fort Smith - 8 (up)
                  Belmont Abbey - 7 (up)
                  Bluefield State - 6
                  Cal Poly Humboldt - 7
                  Cameron - 5 (new)
                  Christian Brothers - 7
                  Coker - 5
                  Colorado State-Pueblo - 6
                  Columbus State - 5 (new)
                  Converse - 5
                  D'Youville - 6 (new)
                  Delta State - 5
                  Eastern New Mexico - 5
                  Erskine - 5
                  Franklin Pierce - 7
                  Georgia Southwestern - 5
                  Glenville State - 7 (new)
                  Hawaii Pacific - 6 (new)
                  Holy Names - 15
                  LeMoyne - 5
                  Lenoir-Rhyne - 8
                  Lewis - 6 (up)
                  Midwestern State - 5
                  Mississippi College - 8
                  Missouri-St. Louis - 6
                  Mount Olive - 7
                  Nebraska-Kearney - 5
                  Nova Southeastern - 5 (new)
                  Pace - 5
                  Palm Beach Atlantic - 5 (new)
                  Saint Michaels - 5
                  Saint Rose - 13 (up)
                  Salem - 6 (up)
                  Seattle Pacific - 7 (up)
                  Southern Nazarene - 6 (up)
                  Southern New Hampshire - 6 (up)
                  Southwest Minnesota State - 5
                  Texas A&M International - 5
                  Texas-Permian Basin - 6
                  Truman State - 9
                  Tusculum - 5
                  UT Tyler - 6 (new)
                  West Florida - 7
                  WVA Wesleyan - 6
                  Western Colorado - 5 (new)

Comment

• Bloom picked up Tony Henderson off the portal. He had a brief stay at Mercyhurst and played last year in Beaver County CC. Two years left.

Comment

• Worst kept secret is official. Ike Herster from Gannon to Slippery Rock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        Worst kept secret is official. Ike Herster from Gannon to Slippery Rock.
                        If all its new toys can play nice, the Rock will have a very strong starting group. That said, I'd be willing to bet a huge chunk of their funds will be tied up in four players. Depth will likely be an issue.

Comment

If all its new toys can play nice, the Rock will have a very strong starting group. That said, I'd be willing to bet a huge chunk of their funds will be tied up in four players. Depth will likely be an issue.
                          Have you heard anything about IUP's recruiting? Odd that it's this late, and not much is out there

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

Have you heard anything about IUP's recruiting? Odd that it's this late, and not much is out there
                            There were a lot of names flying around shortly after the season ended (those first couple weeks). Several of the names I mentioned allegedly visited. A couple (Smith Jr. and Bradley) signed with D1 programs.

There are a ton of guys still unsigned. But, I'd have surely thought we'd have seen a couple by now.

As we've said, these next three names (all will be transfers I'm guessing) will tell the tale for '23-'24.

One of the big targets (allegedly) is West Chester's Kyle McGee (SG). He's still unsigned.

Joe needs at least (2) guards and (1) forward.

There's some odd things with this BC3 PG they signed. His teammate was just named a JUCO All-America and it doesn't sound like IUP has even looked at him. He's a 2-guard. West Chester, Slippery Rock and Walsh seem to be in a bidding war over him (among others). They also have a really strong PF (big 6'9" kid) that IUP also hasn't looked at seriously. He has offers from Cal, Fairmont State, etc.

I know there was some interest in Seton Hill's Drew Green and Clarion's Gerald Jarmon. But, I haven't heard much on either in a while. Same with Clarion's Fray Nguimbi.

Comment

• Any word on Pip Ajayi?

Surely he'd have received a lot of interest.

Comment

Any word on Pip Ajayi?

Surely he'd have received a lot of interest.
                                Haven't heard much about the Gates kid from Slippery Rock, either. He looked like a potential stud when Ship played them.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X