Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Stupid comments like yours are probably a good reason that you should first read the thread your are jumping in on. The post I replied to asked why he had not yet entered the portal. You chose to jump in on that string and start blabering when you had no idea what was asked or what was being talked about. As the saying goes, never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. With that in mind, I am extracting myself from this pointless conversation. Hope you have a really great day.
    I did and you didn’t like my response so you twisted it like the media to your favor. Time for your ship to sink!!!

Comment

• Nova's Kobe to College of Charleston.

Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

Cal wasn't winning a national championship this year with Alston. They went 16-14 this year without him. Great player and had a great stat line at Loyola Chicago, but they came in last in the A-10.

The problem is many of the situations are better in D1- the travel, stipend, amenities, etc. Attendance is the one area where the top 10-15 schools in Division II have a leg up on the bottom 100-125 schools in D1..

I don't agree with what Tomiwa decided, but they can point to the fact they beat Syracuse- IUP lost to them by 20. So it's hard to argue that IUP is clearly better than Bryant, when the one direct datapoint suggests the exact opposite.

I do think the lack of parity in Division II is a problem- IUP has had so many dud games the last few years. As a player, would you rather play Mansfield, Edinboro, Clarion? Or be in a tough game every night? The top of Division II is incredible, but there are a lot of teams without the talent to consistently compete, at least around here.
        There's a lack of parity in many levels of college sports. D1 football is a prime example. Out of 130 or so teams there are probably no more than 4-5 that have a shot at the national championship in a given year and some years not even that many. Maybe the 12-team playoff will help end the stranglehold the top few teams have on the game, but on the other hand the NIL rules and transfers might actually benefit them. In D1 basketball you have the opportunity for far more upsets, but even there a heavyweight (UConn this year) almost always wins the NCAA tourney in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I said if Cal had Alston AND they’re two other starters who missed the whole season. That would have been a nasty team.
          That’s fair. Missed that.

Comment

I said if Cal had Alston AND their two other starters who missed the whole season. That would have been a nasty team.
            Double Post

Comment

• A shooting guard just left Slippery Rock.

Gee, I wonder who is signing there next.

Comment

• Former IUPer Jaheim Bethea is going to East Stroudsburg.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
                  Former IUPer Jaheim Bethea is going to East Stroudsburg.
                  He'll fit in good there.

Comment

• Boro's Naim Miller to New Hampshire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post
                      Seems like Sunahara is the only guy left. Crazy to see after winning a natty
                      Sunahara has entered the portal

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Sunahara has entered the portal

My money is on College of Charleston

Comment

• Man this is so weird I find it hard to believe there isn’t something going on with Crutch. Never seen anything like this given the circumstances

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post
                            Man this is so weird I find it hard to believe there isn’t something going on with Crutch. Never seen anything like this given the circumstances
                            He's either retiring or the whole team bought in to the 'nothing left to prove here' theory. One or the other.

There really aren't any attractive D1 jobs left (as of today) so I doubt that is it.

Maybe he really wants the Edinboro job lol

Comment

He's either retiring or the whole team bought in to the 'nothing left to prove here' theory. One or the other.

There really aren't any attractive D1 jobs left (as of today) so I doubt that is it.

We'll take him!

Comment

My money is on the nothing-left-to-prove theory coupled with a bit of a domino effect. No one wants to be the lone Senior (or 5th year or 15th year) left on a rebuilding roster. Once the first guy or two decided to try it out, the others may have followed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X