Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Clarion forward Jayson Harris has signed with Virginia State.

Comment

• Derrick James (GU) landed at St. Thomas Aquinas.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Former Clarion forward Jayson Harris has signed with Virginia State.
        So down to the CiAA. There are a few teams in the PSAC that could have used him.

Comment

Former Clarion forward Jayson Harris has signed with Virginia State.
          I find this remarkable.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I find this remarkable.
            I find it puke worthy to be honest.

There were numerous reports (from what I consider strong sources) that he engaged IUP but received no interest.

We obviously don't know the full story. But, I'd have loved to see IUP sign him.

Comment

There were numerous reports (from what I consider strong sources) that he engaged IUP but received no interest.

We obviously don't know the full story. But, I'd have loved to see IUP sign him.
              He definitely had interest in IUP. Obviously, feeling weren't mutual.

Comment

• After last year's wholesale makeover via the portal, its oddly quiet in Ian Grady Land. Jomo Goings is in the portal. They lost Lindsay to graduation plus bench players Cazaku and Clifford. Since Austin wasn't honored on senior day so I assume he's still got a year left.

Comment

• Every off-season is pretty quiet there under his watch. They don't have any fans on here to leak anything and no media covers the team. He does a good job of keeping things close to the vest.

Austin has to be getting up there in age.

Comment

I know there's a lot of discussion here about an open roster spot or two and Joe brining in a forward. I'll be honest, I just don't see that happening at this point. I know there are warm bodies in the portal, and sure you can get one of those guys, but nobody can convince me that any of those guys are good players. In this era of college basketball, if you are still in the portal, there's a reason. I know Joe has signed some good guys late before, but most of those players were in a different era of basketball. Mathis comes to mind for me. I believe they landed him in July. But that was not even the same sport 12-13 years ago.

It's been discussed before, but I think IUP's best chance to legitimately compete in the PSAC West is hoping that the other schools take a step backwards. Cal and Gannon lost a ton. Mercyhurst is gone. Seems like SRU turns over their roster every year (even though Grady recruits more high school players than our pal KR), so perhaps they aren't that great next year either. I see their team as more of the same in comparison to the season we just watched. I get they will get injured guys back and the backcourt is very talented. That said, this team is replacing Ethan Porterfield with Luke Triggs. Ethan kept them in a ton of games last year with those guards out. Ethan is no more. So how does that balance out? We'll see...

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I know there's a lot of discussion here about an open roster spot or two and Joe brining in a forward. I'll be honest, I just don't see that happening at this point. I know there are warm bodies in the portal, and sure you can get one of those guys, but nobody can convince me that any of those guys are good players. In this era of college basketball, if you are still in the portal, there's a reason. I know Joe has signed some good guys late before, but most of those players were in a different era of basketball. Mathis comes to mind for me. I believe they landed him in July. But that was not even the same sport 12-13 years ago.

It's been discussed before, but I think IUP's best chance to legitimately compete in the PSAC West is hoping that the other schools take a step backwards. Cal and Gannon lost a ton. Mercyhurst is gone. Seems like SRU turns over their roster every year (even though Grady recruits more high school players than our pal KR), so perhaps they aren't that great next year either. I see their team as more of the same in comparison to the season we just watched. I get they will get injured guys back and the backcourt is very talented. That said, this team is replacing Ethan Porterfield with Luke Triggs. Ethan kept them in a ton of games last year with those guards out. Ethan is no more. So how does that balance out? We'll see...
                      That's speculation. We haven't seen the whole roster yet. Joe has about 1.5 equivalencies available.

That said, I don't know a single person that's real warm and fuzzy about the current 10-man roster.

Triggs and Damir have their moments but both are hackers. They will both be in constant foul trouble. Who is behind them? An incoming true freshman, a walk-on, and (likely) a yet-to-be-named, converted guard.

He best find somebody or this will be another 16-win debacle. I already can't wait to see Sarp at Power Forward.

Comment

That's speculation. We haven't seen the whole roster yet. Joe has about 1.5 equivalencies available.

That said, I don't know a single person that's real warm and fuzzy about the current 10-man roster.

Triggs and Damir have their moments but both are hackers. They will both be in constant foul trouble. Who is behind them? An incoming true freshman, a walk-on, and (likely) a yet-to-be-named, converted guard.

He best find somebody or this will be another 16-win debacle. I already can't wait to see Sarp at Power Forward.
                        All funny but seriously true statements.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

All funny but seriously true statements.

I don't agree that the market is dried up. Hell, Gannon built a damn-near whole roster last year in May and June (and then won the Regional).

The players are out there. Are you being aggressive enough in finding them is the bigger question.

Comment

• Saraj Ali (formerly of Mansfield) has signed with Millersville.

He was one of the better PSAC forwards in the portal.

Comment

Saraj Ali (formerly of Mansfield) has signed with Millersville.

He was one of the better PSAC forwards in the portal.
                              Ah, that charmer Casey Stitzel.

Comment

• Gannon brought in a 6'10 Aussie sophomore who played his frosh year at D1 Cal Baptist.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X