Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portal Season '24

It's about that time.

The CIAA season is over for all but (1) team and (6) PSAC teams are finished (and four more will conclude tonight).

One each from Bloom and West Chester in there but I think we've already discussed them.

Comment

Andrew Recchia (Ship) has entered the Portal.

Steve Kelly (Clarion) is also listed. I thought he was done. He must be have one year left.

Comment

Obviously the whole Notre Dame (OH) roster will be hitting the portal soon.

Comment

As an update to the above, now-former Clarion PG Steve Kelly does indeed have one more year of eligibility. He has entered the portal as a grad transfer.

He's been a neat story. He really developed over his four years at Clarion and became a pretty solid D2 PG.

It seems like he has been there for an eternity (part of the Covid class).

He's from Massachusetts. Curious to see where he lands.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Obviously the whole Notre Dame (OH) roster will be hitting the portal soon.
            Actually you can start talking to them immediately. This was noted in a Notre Dame College athletics press release.

Comment

Andrew Recchia (Ship) has entered the Portal.

Steve Kelly (Clarion) is also listed. I thought he was done. He must be have one year left.
              I actually didn't know Andrew had another year.as he's listed as a grad. Still a few guys with Covid year carryover, I guess. I think he saw the writing on the wall as Ship will be getting some more height at guard next year. He'd be a good reserve for someone — capable at PG and a good three-point shot (when he takes it). The problem is on defense where his 5-10 height is a liability and he has trouble keeping up with the quicker guards in the league. We had a surplus of small guards at Ship and I wouldn't be surprised to see another one or two hit the portal. Good luck to Andrew. It's probably a good idea for him to test the waters.

Comment

Don't know if he ever actually entered the Portal (Is it a requirement for transfering players to formally enter the portal??) but UPJ Andrew Shull signed with WLU several weeks ago.

Comment

They are popping out of Salem in a hurry.

Comment

They are popping out of Salem in a hurry.
                    If memory serves, Salem always has a bunch of transfers...out and in.

Comment

Dasan Doucet / Mercyhurst / G

Two years' eligibility

Comment

Will Meeker / Kutztown

Luke Triggs / Mercyhurst

Comment

Dylan Harris / Bloomsburg

Comment

Crespo / Shippensburg

Comment

Crespo / Shippensburg
                              Again, not a surprise. I figured we'd lose another of the small guards or two. Crespo can be an exciting offensive player on occasion, but his 5-9 height severely limits him on the defensive end and makes it tough for him to get a shot up among the trees on occasion. He started out well this season, but wasn't seeing much playing time by the end of the year. Good luck to him wherever he lands.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X