X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waller and Chambers

Mansfield

Comment

Waller looked totally disinterested in the regular season finale against ESU. At one point I had to check the boxscore to see if he had even gotten onto the floor.

Comment

Jihad Simpson / Clarion

Comment

Caleb Whitaker / Seton Hill

Comment

Flood gates open at Mansfield.

Saraj Ali is the latest to enter Portal.
            Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-12-2024, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Eli Shearer / Mansfield

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Flood gates open at Mansfield.

Saraj Ali is the latest to enter Portal.
                Their leading scorer and rebounder. That's a big loss for them. It's a shame. The won-loss record was not great this season, but they were starting to put together a respectable team up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Their leading scorer and rebounder. That's a big loss for them. It's a shame. The won-loss record was not great this season, but they were starting to put together a respectable team up there.
                  His brother (the PG) went in to the portal after last season but eventually decided to stay. I wonder if he'll follow suit.

They go through this constantly. I'll give the HC some credit for continuing to at least put a respectable product on the floor. That's such a tough job. That campus is so removed from society (and the school is like a high school). It makes building anything nearly impossible.

Comment

His brother (the PG) went in to the portal after last season but eventually decided to stay. I wonder if he'll follow suit.

They go through this constantly. I'll give the HC some credit for continuing to at least put a respectable product on the floor. That's such a tough job. That campus is so removed from society (and the school is like a high school). It makes building anything nearly impossible.
                    Yet when I was in school Mansfield was often one of the top teams in the league. Demographics and people in general have changed quite a bit since then.

Comment

Easton Fulmer, Edinboro

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at SRU. Last year I saw Edinboro play at SRU and in the Sheetz afterward, there was a group of SRU kids who must have gone to Franklin because they were all talking about Fulmer. Seemed like he has a waiting crew at the Rock.

Comment

Sean Dillon / Seton Hill

Grad transfer

Comment

Eli Shearer / Mansfield
                          I was surprised it never took for him at Mansfield. He was a dynamic player at Chambersburg.

In related news, I spent a month in Mansfield one night.

Comment

Freddie Word / Charleston

That's interesting.

He sat out this year with an injury. Very dynamic scorer.

Comment

Freddie Word / Charleston

That's interesting.

He sat out this year with an injury. Very dynamic scorer.
                              Charleston didn't really seem to miss him!

Comment

Two years ago at this time, Danny Sancomb and I were hoping there was some way to convince Phillip Alston to stay in the Mon Valley and finish what they had started. No such luck. Now the VULCANS are in a similar position with the Atlantic Region POY, KJ McCLURG, likely looking at his options. Unlike Alston, who I felt was a no brainer to move up, McClurg may want to continue especially if the team can make it to the EE. Time will tell.
                                Actually a bigger issue for CAL U is if McClurg bails will DS decide to test the waters for himself. Though I'm very thankful for the job he's done, it has always seemed like a marriage of convenience between DS and CAL. His recruiting prowess and coaching skill makes him, IMHO, an outstanding coaching prospect for a D1 private school that wants to grow, or re-grow, their program. I'm nowhere near knowledgeable enough to say where but if he can get his team into the EE I suspect inquiries will be made.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X