Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonathan Pierre, formerly of Nova Southeastern and most recently of Memphis, has entered the Portal

Pierre, a 6'9" G/F, appeared in 19 games for the Tigers but played just 6 minutes per game.

He has one year of eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Danny is a hard guy to feel bad for.
      You could meet Danny at Starbucks and think he's the quietest, nicest guy around.

Little different during the game.

I do think the question one has to ask is was this season a disappointment for Cal? Not winning the West and losing (at home) in Round 2 ...

Comment

Tyshawn Trail / East Stroudsburg

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You could meet Danny at Starbucks and think he's the quietest, nicest guy around.

Little different during the game.

I do think the question one has to ask is was this season a disappointment for Cal? Not winning the West and losing (at home) in Round 2 ...
          I’d have to say it is. The minute last season ended they were the favorite to win the PSAC. Nobody saw Gannon coming and just like that, Cal was finally able to overcome a depleted IUP team but still not take home a trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I’d have to say it is. The minute last season ended they were the favorite to win the PSAC. Nobody saw Gannon coming and just like that, Cal was finally able to overcome a depleted IUP team but still not take home a trophy.
            I'd agree. Nobody saw Gannon coming - not this fast, anyway.

Cal is taking some big losses to graduation - Hall and Collins.

I don't think Jermaine Hall got nearly the credit he deserved. He was a matchup nightmare, not to mention he was so fast and strong.

I guess we'll see what happens with McClurg. Being honest, I'll be shocked if he's back at Cal next year. I've heard too many things from too many different people. They all say the same thing - he's leaving. I guess we'll know soon enough (likely this week).

Rest assured, the Vulcans aren't going away so long as Danny stays there. Like him or not, he's an excellent recruiter.

A lot of stars are out of eligibility in the PSAC. Some seem like they've been around 15 years lol.

Some other stars are about to hit free agency.
            Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-18-2024, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Tyshawn Trail / East Stroudsburg
              That's an interesting one. If I read their roster right, he has two more years of eligibility. He averaged 26 minutes per game, which is a lot on a team that plays as many players as ESU, and was a double-figure scorer. Another example that a good team record is not necessarily protection against the portal.

Comment

I'd agree. Nobody saw Gannon coming - not this fast, anyway.

Cal is taking some big losses to graduation - Hall and Collins.

I don't think Jermaine Hall got nearly the credit he deserved. He was a matchup nightmare, not to mention he was so fast and strong.

I guess we'll see what happens with McClurg. Being honest, I'll be shocked if he's back at Cal next year. I've heard too many things from too many different people. They all say the same thing - he's leaving. I guess we'll know soon enough (likely this week).

Rest assured, the Vulcans aren't going away so long as Danny stays there. Like him or not, he's an excellent recruiter.

A lot of stars are out of eligibility in the PSAC. Some seem like they've been around 15 years lol.

Some other stars are about to hit free agency.
                Yeah, despite how good California was this season they really ended up with neither the PSAC or the region to hang their hat on. Sometimes you just have a year like that.

Comment

Ron Fudala is getting broken in the painful way. His 6'9", 225 lb, freshman star Marcus Overstreet is in the Portal. He has upward of (35) D1 programs in contact already (on Day 1).

Let's hope the phrase 'one and done' doesn't become a D2 reality.

Comment

Bernie Blunt, Edinboro

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                      Bernie Blunt, Edinboro
                      Wow

I guess he got his year of (good) film.

Time to upgrade.

Comment

Wow

I guess he got his year of (good) film.