Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Jeffress from Pitt
    Interesting! Isn't his mother on the Mercyhurst Board of Trustees? With that said, it's hard for me to imagine a kid going from playing in the Petersen Events Center to that bandbox at Mercyhurst. LOL.

Comment

• Three more from Millersville. That's four today.

Comment

• Originally posted by gman16506 View Post

Interesting! Isn't his mother on the Mercyhurst Board of Trustees? With that said, it's hard for me to imagine a kid going from playing in the Petersen Events Center to that bandbox at Mercyhurst. LOL.
        I'd be shocked if he comes down to the Bush league. He was blocked at Pitt. I'd assume he goes to another D1.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'd be shocked if he comes down to the Bush league. He was blocked at Pitt. I'd assume he goes to another D1.
          Not blocked, flat out not good enough!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Agreed. His minutes went down significantly in the second half when Pitt got on their run down the stretch. I didn’t mind him as a role player, but he isn’t a significant contributor at an ACC school.

Comment

Same thing I was saying just worded differently. He would be a very good D2 player however I suspect he'll land at a higher-end mid-major.

Comment

• Cam Kearney / Clarion

6'6" guard / 2nd team West

Two years' eligibility

Comment

Cam Kearney / Clarion

Two years' eligibility
                  Sounds like an attractive pickup option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Maybe.

I'm not sure he finished the year on the Clarion team.

Comment

That big Clarion class is slowly breaking up. The two big names remaining are Justice Easter and Jayson Harris.

Kearney will get a lot of attention in the Portal (as would the above two should they also leave).

Steve Kelly (their long-time PG) entered two weeks ago as a grad transfer.

Comment

Cam Kearney / Clarion

Two years' eligibility
                        According to his bio on the Clarion site his hometown is somewhere in Virginia. Maybe Clarion could trade him to a CIAA school.

Comment

Of course you don’t recall. You never remember the BS that comes out of your mouth.
                          Here's something I won't forget saying. Pound sand.

Comment

Maybe.

I'm not sure he finished the year on the Clarion team.
                            He chose to go on spring break instead of finishing his season against IUP.

Comment

Three more from Millersville. That's four today.
                              Those last three at Millersville didn't play a heckuva lot. Still, with Faulkner and Dade (I think) going, Stitzel is going to have some roster revamping to do, as will many of the other coaches in the division. With the present-day rules, it's basically a crapshoot each year. The perennial powers will likely stay good, but building any kind of dynasty team is a difficult proposition these days.

Comment

Those last three at Millersville didn't play a heckuva lot. Still, with Faulkner and Dade (I think) going, Stitzel is going to have some roster revamping to do, as will many of the other coaches in the division. With the present-day rules, it's basically a crapshoot each year. The perennial powers will likely stay good, but building any kind of dynasty team is a difficult proposition these days.
                                The team we'll never get to see evolve is (was) at Clarion.

They had a tremendous all-high school recruiting class last year. They were sophomores this year (and dealt with the injury bug). I'd have loved to see that group the next two years but they've one by one started leaving. I'd assume two more hit the portal this week (Easter and Harris).

I worry the older (ish) coaches in the league will be left behind -- 'coaching' is just a part of it now. You need a dang-near full-time computer nerd working in evaluating transfers.

I think the Lombardi/Manchel/Fite types are struggling in this area.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X