X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaShaun Parker / D&E

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
      Two years ago at this time, Danny Sancomb and I were hoping there was some way to convince Phillip Alston to stay in the Mon Valley and finish what they had started. No such luck. Now the VULCANS are in a similar position with the Atlantic Region POY, KJ McCLURG, likely looking at his options. Unlike Alston, who I felt was a no brainer to move up, McClurg may want to continue especially if the team can make it to the EE. Time will tell.
      Actually a bigger issue for CAL U is if McClurg bails will DS decide to test the waters for himself. Though I'm very thankful for the job he's done, it has always seemed like a marriage of convenience between DS and CAL. His recruiting prowess and coaching skill makes him, IMHO, an outstanding coaching prospect for a D1 private school that wants to grow, or re-grow, their program. I'm nowhere near knowledgeable enough to say where but if he can get his team into the EE I suspect inquiries will be made.
      McClurg already washed out of one low-major school (New Hampshire in the American East) so I don’t know how attractive he would be to programs a level up even if he has gotten older and possibly improved his game.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

McClurg already washed out of one low-major school (New Hampshire in the American East) so I don’t know how attractive he would be to programs a level up even if he has gotten older and possibly improved his game.
        Good to hear, if true, that the VULCANS could hold onto both assets. Maybe KJ has found exactly his niche and is completely satisfied. Here's hoping .

Comment

Good to hear, if true, that the VULCANS could hold onto both assets. Maybe KJ has found exactly his niche and is completely satisfied. Here's hoping .
          How has Alston done since moving on? That dude was GOOD at the DII level.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

How has Alston done since moving on? That dude was GOOD at the DII level.
            He's done well at Loyola.
            Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-16-2024, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Don’t take what I said as proof that McClurg would be staying at Cal. I don’t know anything about that; I was merely pointing out that his path isn’t the same as Alston’s. McClurg redshirted one year and played 15 games at New Hampshire in 2020 before moving down in contrast to Alston who started at this level then moved up after a big sophomore* year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He's done well at Loyala.
                Post season can suck. RAMBLERS won the A10 regular season and then got eliminated in the Conference playoff quarters by #7 seed St Bonnies in 2OT. PA contributed several trademark slams but also several FT misses on 1&1s. His stats don't indicate he'll be playing beyond unless he's wants to relocate to Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

Don’t take what I said as proof that McClurg would be staying at Cal. I don’t know anything about that; I was merely pointing out that his path isn’t the same as Alston’s. McClurg redshirted one year and played 15 games at New Hampshire in 2020 before moving down in contrast to Alston who started at this level then moved up after a big sophomore* year.
                  This may be the worst-kept secret in the region lol.

Comment

LOL…I wasn’t going to go there but since you did…

Now that Cal is eliminated it may not be long until we see what’s behind door #2.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

LOL…I wasn’t going to go there but since you did…

Now that Cal is eliminated it may not be long until we see what’s behind door #2.
                      Danny is going to be sick for a few days. Cal was up 10 with 8 minutes to go and had all the momentum. Charleston then cranked its D and pulled off a huge rally.

The Vulcans defended the game-winning trey well and the guy still nailed it with seconds remaining.

Comment

Danny is going to be sick for a few days. Cal was up 10 with 8 minutes to go and had all the momentum. Charleston then cranked its D and pulled off a huge rally.

The Vulcans defended the game-winning trey well and the guy still nailed it with seconds remaining.
                        Danny is a hard guy to feel bad for.

Comment

What is the worst kept secret in the region?

Comment

Are you implying what I think you’re implying?

Comment

McClurg or Alston or both?

Comment

Originally posted by IUP1423 View Post
                                McClurg or Alston or both?
                                Alston has no more eligibilty as far as I can see. And would never be coming to Indiana anyways.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X