Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Robert Smith / West Chester

That's a big one
    As they used to say in Top 40 radio, "The hits just keep on comin'."

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Well, Casey Kasem needs to send Redshirt Joe a nice long-distance dedication in the form of some elite forwards.

Comment

This is becoming a trend under Manchel. It's getting tough for the old school (hard a$$) coaches.

The players just leave after each season.

Comment

Christian Gamble / Mercyhurst

Comment

McGlone / East Stroudsburg

Idris Ali / Mansfield

Comment

I could make one hell of an expansion team out of the (so far) PSAC portal.

Comment

I have to say I’m pretty surprised not to see any IUP names yet.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                  I have to say I’m pretty surprised not to see any IUP names yet.
                  Me too.

And, not in a good way.

Joe needs to do some house cleaning. Not a lot, but, some.

Comment

A lot of house cleaning!!

Comment

That's an interesting one. If I read their roster right, he has two more years of eligibility. He averaged 26 minutes per game, which is a lot on a team that plays as many players as ESU, and was a double-figure scorer. Another example that a good team record is not necessarily protection against the portal.
                      Trail went from being a small role player last year to the minutes per game leader on the team,and had a knack for getting to the rim and scoring. Given that ESU lost Justin Paz and Shamir Johnson to graduation, suddenly they needs guards badly...

McGlone is another story. He was inconsistent in 2 seasons at ESU. Had some great games but some nights disappeared.
                      Last edited by WarriorVoice; 03-19-2024, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Trail went from being a small role player last year to the minutes per game leader on the team,and had a knack for getting to the rim and scoring. Given that ESU lost Justin Paz and Shamir Johnson to graduation, suddenly they needs guards badly...

McGlone is another story. He was inconsistent in 2 seasons at ESU. Had some great games but some nights disappeared.
                        According to you, ESU never has players transfer out.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          McGlone / East Stroudsburg

Idris Ali / Mansfield

So both the Alis have exited Mansfield.

Comment

So both the Alis have exited Mansfield.
                            For the second time. They did last year, too, but didn't actually leave.

I'd take them. Saraj fixes the SF problem and his brother is the backup PG. Poof. Done.

Comment

Well (thus far) there are tons of Atlantic Region guards in the Portal. Not so much big men.

I'd say the two most viable post players available are Saraj Ali (Mansfield) and Luke Triggs (Mercyhurst).

And, if you really like the Lakers, you can sign about half their '23-'24 roster. Gary's going to have a whole new team come October.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP1423 View Post
                                A lot of house cleaning!!

You figure that KJ, Ethan and Radford are out of eligibility. They are gone. Josh Petteno has another year but did walk on Senior Day. No word if he's going to play another year or move along. I'd love to see him stay. We 'finally' got to see what he can do once Joe cut him loose toward the end.

I'd assume the following stay: Garvin, Dallis, Denzel, Stewart and Sarp. Add in Ian Herring (who is already signed). So, I'd say they have (6) confirmed (all guards).

The following are questionable: Lambert, Damir, Romero-Sanz, Waldo, McNamara and Watson. I wouldn't be surprised if they all leave but I suspect a few will stay. The 'bigs' on that list could be waiting to see who Joe imports (and, he's obviously going to bring in some transfer forwards).

I'd love to see Damir stay but they really need to define his actual role. He's not going to be a 33 mpg player. But, he can be a real spark off the bench. They need to work on his hands exclusively this summer. He bobbles way too many balls. If he can get that fixed, he could really excel in his role. The rebounding and shot blocking is already there and could be on an elite level next year.

The jury is certainly still out on Waldo. He has to bulk up some. No questions asked. Romero-Sanz (who ranges in weight from 160 lbs to 235 lbs) is another mystery. I suspect McNamara sticks around in a walk-on role (if he's medically cleared). Watson could be the backup PG. Lambert got jerked around so much this year it's hard to say what he'll do.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X