Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

At CAL which Goins ...SETH or JALEN ? Which Brooks....ANDRE or ELI ?
    Andre Brooks and Jalen Goins

Comment

• Looking at the list, which doesn't include players simply lost when their eligibility ran out, a lot of PSAC teams will certainly look very different next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
        Looking at the list, which doesn't include players simply lost when their eligibility ran out, a lot of PSAC teams will certainly look very different next season.
        Correct. The league is also losing many of its stars due to graduation, etc.

Opening night in many gyms may resonate the famous quote from Major League ... "Who the F are these guys?"

Comment

• Looks like Mansfield and Millersville each have 4 players returning next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I'm not saying I disagree with you.

But I think you could also be discrediting the importance of "coaching" in that regard. To your point, "the perception is it is always the players leaving on their own." That means the truth is coaches are moving on from players very quickly. Not sure that exactly speaks highly of their "coaching" ability when it comes to working with and developing players. I feel like the same way we hammer the student athletes for helping to create a transient world of college athletics, the coaches need to be held just as responsible for that.

Using a local example and not saying anything otherwise, I'd rather see Joe work his tail off to get the absolute most out of Dolan Waldo and grow and develop him into the player everyone assumed he could be. Sometimes that takes work and time. That shows coaching ability. Says far less about coaches these days, in my opinion, if they are just good at "hitting" on guys coming in from the portal on one-year deals. But fans and donors everywhere expect instant and immediate success. So coaches simply become a product of the environment that keeps the checks coming.
            Coaches don't have time nowadays to put their time into a hopeful possibility... if a guy isn't producing within a season or 2 - they're out.

Also, probably goes to the players character. Are they willing to put the work in to prove they can get there? Or are they of the belief that they're already there and coaches say "see ya then".

Comment

• Former Clarion guard Can Kearney has signed with Niagara.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Former Clarion guard Can Kearney has signed with Niagara.
                Dumpster diving... they must love kids that would rather go on spring break instead of finishing a basketball season.

Comment

• McClurg in Portal

Comment

McClurg in Portal
                    Intrigued

Comment

• So, what I weeks ago called "the worst kept secret in the Atlantic" officially came to fruition today.

Question now is will the 'McClurg to IUP' rumor come true, or will he try his hand in D1 again?

Joe having a backcourt of Garvin, McClurg and Dillard would be pretty scary.

Keep in mind, Joe heavily recruited McClurg out of the Portal when he left New Hampshire. The story (allegedly) is Danny convinced him he could be a star immediately at Cal, rather than wait in line at IUP. He picked Cal.

Joe's going to get a second chance. McClurg has two years' eligibility and is the reigning West POY.

Comment

So, what I weeks ago called "the worst kept secret in the Atlantic" officially came to fruition today.

Question now is will the 'McClurg to IUP' rumor come true, or will he try his hand in D1 again?

Joe having a backcourt of Garvin, McClurg and Dillard would be pretty scary.

Keep in mind, Joe heavily recruited McClurg out of the Portal when he left New Hampshire. The story (allegedly) is Danny convinced him he could be a star immediately at Cal, rather than wait in line at IUP. He picked Cal.

Joe's going to get a second chance. McClurg has two years' eligibility and is the reigning West POY.
                        I think just officially entering the portal says he’s going to shop for a bit before deciding to come to IUP, which I assume would roll out the red carpet for him. I don’t blame him. He’s a heck of a shooter and IUP sorely needs one. The other thing I like about him is he’s not a talker or a showboater. He shows up and takes care of his business.

Comment

McClurg in Portal
                          Any chance he wants to come back to his home state of WV? Fingers crossed for homesickness! LOL

Comment

• Assume most of Gannon will be gone assuming Fee leaving isn't an April Fools joke

Comment

• Michael Dunn from Ship to Boro

Comment

• WLU Soph SG Grant Barnhart into the portal.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X