X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by 86Catillac View Post
      Mr . Augustana, please refrain from mentioning NWs freshman guards.
      Well I was trying to divert from the fact that I had brought up Augie's freshmen for the 950th time this season, and they were my sacrificial lamb.

That being said, I didn't care to hear about them again in the post you just made about NSIC fans not caring to hear about them, so please refrain from mentioning them again. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
        Well I was trying to divert from the fact that I had brought up Augie's freshmen for the 950th time this season, and they were my sacrificial lamb.

That being said, I didn't care to hear about them again in the post you just made about NSIC fans not caring to hear about them, so please refrain from mentioning them again. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
          Oh I don't think there's doubt about it. I just haven't heard much of anything the past few months about it one way or the other.
          What? Thought it is the talk of the town.

Comment

What sort of monsters did this? Let's leave nasty comments on their Insta.

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
            What? Thought it is the talk of the town.
            It's only been two months since the announcement, dont take MrAugustana's short attention span as gospel.

Comment

The first half tonight was another tantalizing look at the future of Augustana basketball. Against one of the top defenses in the NSIC based on defensive efficiency rating they scored 50 points on 53% FG/ 58% 3pt / 100% FT. Furthermore, this was done with USF absolutely clamping down Matt Cartwright and Tyler Riemersma clearly nowhere near 100%. The Elmen Center was rolling like white-outs of old and no one enjoyed it more than Jameson Bryan. Who cares if it's nowhere close to D1 caliber, the benches suck, and a quarter of the gym had to watch Michael Schaefer throw up at the beginning of the second half, it's home.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                The first half tonight was another tantalizing look at the future of Augustana basketball. Against one of the top defenses in the NSIC based on defensive efficiency rating they scored 50 points on 53% FG/ 58% 3pt / 100% FT. Furthermore, this was done with USF absolutely clamping down Matt Cartwright and Tyler Riemersma clearly nowhere near 100%. The Elmen Center was rolling like white-outs of old and no one enjoyed it more than Jameson Bryan. Who cares if it's nowhere close to D1 caliber, the benches suck, and a quarter of the gym had to watch Michael Schaefer throw up at the beginning of the second half, it's home.
                Got to watch Schaefer throw up at the beginning of the second half.

In all honesty, how did our favorite ref notice that he was about to throw up and stop the play? I swear he knew it was going to happen before Michael did.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                  Was disappointed Midco didn't go for a multi-angle replay on this.

Comment

Congrats to the Vikes on finishing the regular season 18-10. Was hoping for a .500 record with this crew knowing we'd have plenty of room to grow from there in the coming years. Now the worst we can finish is 18-11, and if we manage a couple of wins in the tournament we can hit 20-win territory. Was not expecting that, but it has been a year of exceeded expectations, at least for me. Here's to hoping we have a lengthy postseason run to continue exceeding those expectations. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Augie Boy View Post
                      Got to watch Schaefer throw up at the beginning of the second half.

In all honesty, how did our favorite ref notice that he was about to throw up and stop the play? I swear he knew it was going to happen before Michael did.

Comment

Love reading your lengthy posts as there is always a lot of great insist in them!

This group will be fun to watch over the next few years, especially the development of A.J. who, in my opinion, is the best player on the team and should be starting at USD right now. Another opinion of mine is I think we get lucky and see this group play out in D2 as I don't think the move to D1 happens until the end of there said improvement plan which I think was 10 years but could be wrong on that length. However this group vs NWMSU in the region final the next couple years in Maryville sure will be a spectacle worth paying to see.

Comment

I only have myself to blame for allowing the Regional Rankings to fill my head with visions of multiple tournament runs and instead it came crashing down in an avalanche of shattered defensive coverages and cataclysmic three point accuracy. Balls.

Comment

Congratulations to UMC. 18-26 on three pointers for an insane 69.2% clip. Also insane how open they were. I'ts been stated ad nauseam, but congrats on a 1 sophomore 4 freshmen lineup for much of the season for finishing 18-11 on the season. Cartwright is who he thought he would be, but names like Plitzuweit, Lebrun, Hanson and Schaefer far exceeded our expectations.

To Simple: with much respect to the 4 MN. players this season, but how bout' those South Dakota young men who you scoffed at.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                              To Simple: with much respect to the 4 MN. players this season, but how bout' those South Dakota young men who you scoffed at.
                              I was wr, wr, wro, wr. I was mistaken on those kids. They are all solid.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                                I was wr, wr, wro, wr. I was mistaken on those kids. They are all solid.
                                Is this sincere? Is it a reverse jinx? I'm so confused. My world is already in disarray, so I don't know which safety rail to grab in my current state of vertigo, and this is only making it worse.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X