Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

Most of the discussion around here has centered on former NSU alum/coaches, but that is just who most fans are familiar with. I think it will be someone either with ties directly to Northern, or someone from the region. I'm almost positive Horstman is going to Grand Forks with Sather, not sure about Stevens. I hope whoever the new coach is will keep BC on staff. I'm pretty confident none of the current players are leaving. I could see a recruit (maybe 2) possibly changing their mind, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they are all still in Aberdeen in the fall. The next week will be fun to speculate, but I don't expect the search to last much longer than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
      Most of the discussion around here has centered on former NSU alum/coaches, but that is just who most fans are familiar with. I think it will be someone either with ties directly to Northern, or someone from the region. I'm almost positive Horstman is going to Grand Forks with Sather, not sure about Stevens. I hope whoever the new coach is will keep BC on staff. I'm pretty confident none of the current players are leaving. I could see a recruit (maybe 2) possibly changing their mind, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they are all still in Aberdeen in the fall. The next week will be fun to speculate, but I don't expect the search to last much longer than that.
      Yeah, they will need to go hard at this hiring while making sure to make the correct choice. There would be riots if BC was not allowed to stay on staff and we would all suffer from seeing the zero body fat man with suspenders sitting at the scorer's table end of the bench.

I think this has motivated our guys more than cause them to want to leave. They certainly arent all pleased about it and if he really broke the news to them via text (not sure that's actually true) that wouldn't sit well.

As someone who had two coaches leave during my time it is not an easy thing. There is so much unknown and it can really disrupt a program. Fingers crossed on this class though, thatd be a tough pill to swallow losing any of them.

Comment

Lol, an account said Sunny was doing an on campus visit today, a few minutes later Sunny posts a pic of himself hosting a camp in St. Joseph.

Comment

I hope that the text to break the news to current players is not true, but if you listened to Sather's press conference and saw his recent timeline, I don't know that there was an opportunity to speak with all of the players. A phone call would've been better, but I don't know any details. I'm also pretty sure that new account you speak of isn't going to be a wealth of accurate information.

Comment

A non-NSU guy i'd be interested in would be Missouri Southern State University's Jeff Boschee.

Comment

Originally posted by Swisher View Post
              A non-NSU guy i'd be interested in would be Missouri Southern State University's Jeff Boschee.
              Don't forget about Craig Doty. He is not only a great coach but his twitter game ranks second to none. Im surprised he isn't at Wach's right now walking around giving tips to young coaches.

Comment

He does have family in town...

Comment

Originally posted by fanofnsic View Post
                  Don't forget about Craig Doty. He is not only a great coach but his twitter game ranks second to none. Im surprised he isn't at Wach's right now walking around giving tips to young coaches.
                  I don't get it...

Comment

Does anyone know what Sather's pay will be at UND? He is leaving a quality program with exceptional fan support for a program that has struggled in recent years.

Comment

I wonder if Randall Herbst will throw his name in. He was a finalist for the UND job. I remember him at U of Mary that 2010-2011 year they made a big run with Eric Erdmann, Anthony Moody, and Jordan Wilhelm.

Comment

I don't foresee Boschee leaving Joplin for another D2 job. He has a great thing going here, and his wife's family is all local.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                          Yeah, they will need to go hard at this hiring while making sure to make the correct choice. There would be riots if BC was not allowed to stay on staff and we would all suffer from seeing the zero body fat man with suspenders sitting at the scorer's table end of the bench.

I think this has motivated our guys more than cause them to want to leave. They certainly arent all pleased about it and if he really broke the news to them via text (not sure that's actually true) that wouldn't sit well.

As someone who had two coaches leave during my time it is not an easy thing. There is so much unknown and it can really disrupt a program. Fingers crossed on this class though, thatd be a tough pill to swallow losing any of them.
                          I'd be awfully surprised if that was the case. He may have done so just based off his timeline of being offered while he was on vacation and immediately holding a press conference. He wouldn't want them to find out via the media. I would imagine he will spend some time in Aberdeen to touch base with all the guys prior to the permanent move.

With that being said, if he did go about his business via text, he can fail the rest of his life for all I care. Not that he cares how I feel about him.

Comment

So have any of our Northern posters heard anything at all? That "Wolves Insider" twitter account is garbage to me.

Comment

Originally posted by NSUguy View Post
                              I'd be awfully surprised if that was the case. He may have done so just based off his timeline of being offered while he was on vacation and immediately holding a press conference. He wouldn't want them to find out via the media. I would imagine he will spend some time in Aberdeen to touch base with all the guys prior to the permanent move.

With that being said, if he did go about his business via text, he can fail the rest of his life for all I care. Not that he cares how I feel about him.
                              Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                              I hope that the text to break the news to current players is not true, but if you listened to Sather's press conference and saw his recent timeline, I don't know that there was an opportunity to speak with all of the players. A phone call would've been better, but I don't know any details. I'm also pretty sure that new account you speak of isn't going to be a wealth of accurate information.
                              Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

How is Paul SaTTher supposed to break the news to his now former players besides a text? School is out so at least a handful of them are not in Aberdeen, if he decides to call them the first player he calls more than likely texts the rest of the team "OMG coach ghosted us" before hes even off the phone with Pawwwll and then everyone else realizes "dang, coach called Gus first, I always knew his Dad paid to get him on the team" so before SaTTher gets the majority of them on the phone it's old news.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                                How is Paul SaTTher supposed to break the news to his now former players besides a text? School is out so at least a handful of them are not in Aberdeen, if he decides to call them the first player he calls more than likely texts the rest of the team "OMG coach ghosted us" before hes even off the phone with Pawwwll and then everyone else realizes "dang, coach called Gus first, I always knew his Dad paid to get him on the team" so before SaTTher gets the majority of them on the phone it's old news.
                                He should have just sent out a tweet...nsu4life convinced me a few months back that he is an expert tweeter and only has the purest of intentions when he tweets... ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X