Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by southside View Post

As good as Snu played in the 1st Half they actually played an even better 2nd. Shot better, defensively they seemed more intense and I thought played with a ton of poise.

DB needed to hit those ft’s late. NW doesn’t have the year they do with him but it’s big to miss a front end at that point.
    Yeah, I feel bad for him going out with this game. Wasn’t his best… had a few sloppy turnovers in the second half too.

Like you said though, he’s the man. Nothing but love for the last 5 years from that guy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Yeah, I feel bad for him going out with this game. Wasn’t his best… had a few sloppy turnovers in the second half too.

Like you said though, he’s the man. Nothing but love for the last 5 years from that guy!
      Yep. Down 2 late that’s the guy you want in that situation. Not a guarantee to win if he knocks those down but it became very hard to win after the miss.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

As I was saying...

We all crapped on the GAC and now we will get a battle of them and Duluth for who wants the 8 seed at the elite 8.

To their credit, both teams fought to get where they are, and nothing else matter other than having an opportunity, but no one in this thing has looked like a national contending team.

I fully understand NWs ranking and they'd likely be the #1 seed had they won the region but they didn't ever look as good as the teams they've had over the years, atleast to me.

Southern Naz, do your thing.
        I still believe top to almost bottoms (Crookston not included), the NSIC and MIAA are 2 of the best conferences in D2. There was no Best Team In The Country in the Central Region this year, I agree with you on that. I’m still not sold on the GAC as a whole, but we knew Southern Nazarene was going to be a tough out.

Northern and Duluth both beat the likely West champ. NW beat the likely SC champ. I don’t think you can count out either SNU or UMD in the Elite 8.

Comment

• At least the the Dragons took snu to OT ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

I still believe top to almost bottoms (Crookston not included), the NSIC and MIAA are 2 of the best conferences in D2. There was no Best Team In The Country in the Central Region this year, I agree with you on that. I’m still not sold on the GAC as a whole, but we knew Southern Nazarene was going to be a tough out.

Northern and Duluth both beat the likely West champ. NW beat the likely SC champ. I don’t think you can count out either SNU or UMD in the Elite 8.
            I still feel like had NW gotten out of the region, they would’ve had a chance to win it all and maybe SNU or Duluth can too. The thing that has stood out to me over our run is that once we’ve gotten out of the region, teams don’t guard like they do here. That’s two things… those teams haven’t seen the kind of defense we play and it would’ve made it easier for us as not necessarily an elite offensive team. SNU seems to be built (play) a little like this years Bearcats, so it’ll be interesting to me to see how they fare if they are to advance.
            Last edited by Alfred33; 03-12-2023, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
              We all crapped on the GAC and now we will get a battle of them and Duluth for who wants the 8 seed at the elite 8.
              Wouldn't guarantee that necessarily. First, there's still and 8 and a 6 alive in the bracket as a whole. Now, I fully admit I don't know how the re-seeding works. Do they only factor in your current seed, or is it a full evaluation of the full body of work for the eight?

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post

Wouldn't guarantee that necessarily. First, there's still and 8 and a 6 alive in the bracket as a whole. Now, I fully admit I don't know how the re-seeding works. Do they only factor in your current seed, or is it a full evaluation of the full body of work for the eight?
                I think they reevaluate everyone’s season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

It's Marchy

Comment

• Originally posted by southside View Post

I think they reevaluate everyone’s season.
                    Correct, as far as I'm aware. Last year on the women's side a regional 7 seed got seeded ahead of a 3 and a 1.

Comment

• It’s the NCAA we’re talking about. I’m guessing the process involves a blindfold and either a hat, some straws or a dartboard.
                      Last edited by GoCatsGo5; 03-13-2023, 04:34 PM. Reason: I forgot blindfold :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                        If your parlay ticket had the Missouri Southern women as the last remaining MIAA team this season, congratulations!

It's all about getting hot and peaking at tourney time. The Lady Lions are dialed in and on a roll. GO LIONS !!!

Comment

• I'm a little surprised UMD made it this far, but it's never been about talent/ability.

And, as a SMSU homer, I must say that SMSU going 2-1 against NSIC reps in the region tourney is a bit of a "what could have been" moment for me...

Comment

• Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                            If your parlay ticket had the Missouri Southern women as the last remaining MIAA team this season, congratulations!
                            Getting ready to watch my favorite D2 women’s basketball player do her thing tonight… seriously, that’s a big compliment for me to want to watch a women’s game I have no stake in… lol Go Lions!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                              I'm a little surprised UMD made it this far, but it's never been about talent/ability.

And, as a SMSU homer, I must say that SMSU going 2-1 against NSIC reps in the region tourney is a bit of a "what could have been" moment for me...
                              I have to give some respect… It’s kind of impressive that both Duluth’s men’s and women’s teams made the regional final.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I have to give some respect… It’s kind of impressive that both Duluth’s men’s and women’s teams made the regional final.
                                Kinda funny big crowd in Duluth, must be no hawkey tonight. When the camera panned through the crowd, there was many hockey jerseys, err I mean sweaters. Go MSSU.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X