Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

A new season is coming up, time to move on.

Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Wesleyan is recruiting a 4 star freshman guard in Steve Fitzgerald for next season. The transfer big from the U of Wyoming might still come in. However, I think Elkins will dress and see limited minutes as a freshman.

There are ways he can practice and condition to keep him safe. That is what I think they should do. He could contribute in the post season. My bet is he plays this season.

Comment

I hope you are correct about Elkins but he has to be able to do school work as well.

Comment

I really don't know anything about the young man. He is on the roster and that means he qualified academically. Wesleyan is in the business of teaching. They do a pretty good job.

Comment

I mean his injury can not prevent him from doing school work. I do not know what he remembers or doesn't remember. I have never seen a head injury take someone out two years but that is what I am hearing. I think he drives and hunts.

Comment

Concussions have become a serious health issue among athletes and the general population at large. In the past they were just shrugged off, because the medical community just didn't know much about the brain. That is not the case now.

The science of Neurology has been a frontier that the medical community had few tools to work with. It was brought to the forefront of Athletics: especially the NFL.

Through the development of computer technology and magnetic imaging, neurologists can pen point the severity of the concussion - brain injury (sort of).

The college and his family did the right thing by pulling him. He is young and strong, that helps. Still, he will need to be monitored closely. Hopefully, he will be fine.

A cognitive impairment entails a host of issues.
            Last edited by alumnifan; 06-07-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

What really pisses me off is this stuff about the Owensboro Sportscenter. That facility is going to be preserved. If you don't like it, Don't Go There!

The facility is getting a new facelift. That's all it needs. There is No Hurry to change anything in the arena. There is no problem with the sound system.

It looks very much like it has now for 68 years. Kentucky used to play regular season games there under Rupp. Not to mention the fact that it still plays host to the oldest, most tradition rich D2 basketball program in the country. And, remember the throngs of great coaches and players that played at the Sportscenter. I watched Rick Pitino during the Travis Ford era run a paid touring exhibition there. The University of Louisville loves the basketball team. UK has backed away from scheduling a scrimmage, and have decided to support Transylvania. That is fine. KWC will get to 9. It's not easy to do, but someone is on it.

One way or the other, they will make another deep run in the NCCA tournament. That needs to happen soon, and I am not the only one who feels that way.

That arena has produced Champions for the city schools, and KWC for a very long time.

That facility has played host to a lore of Historical Entertainers.

That facility also hosts a significant War Memorial. It's location is perfect, and it is under new management.

Comment

Nothing is coming out of the athletic department. They have scheduled a golf scramble in the Fall to raise money for the Athletic Fund.

The roster seems set to me. There are 10 scholarship players and five walk on players on VC. They are not recruiting any players for the Fall according to VC.

Comment

I talked to a in the know fan today. I ask him 6 times who is coming back. 6 times he told me the weather in Owensboro is nice today. I really do not think anyone knows for sure.

Comment

The residence Halls open on August 19th for new students.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                      The residence Halls open on August 19th for new students.
                      Paper said 7 signings and more to come, something is not adding up? I count five signings, that doesn't include the walk on. Must be a few more not coming back that hasn't been discussed

Comment

I don't have a subscription to the OMI. It seems the SID office will not be listing any of the OMI articles. That could have been a point of contention between the two.

What else was written? It does confirm some things I have heard from another source. They'll release the 2017-2018 Roster with a big splash on the Athletic website as soon as they tie up the knots. Maybe, Happy realized he had to start over.

Comment

I've seen a couple of tidbits here and there about signings that haven't made the VC site's roster but I honestly don't know if they would be considered varsity players or club team.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                            I don't have a subscription to the OMI. It seems the SID office will not be listing any of the OMI articles. That could have been a point of contention between the two.

What else was written? It does confirm some things I have heard from another source. They'll release the 2017-2018 Roster with a big splash on the Athletic website as soon as they tie up the knots. Maybe, Happy realized he had to start over.
                            A whole lot of nothing. No players names mentioned, but it indicated a lot of new faces with a lot of promise. Only player mentioned was the kid from Evansville

Comment

They want to keep a close lid on the new roster.

Coach Ken Badylak, previously at St. Joseph's, has accepted the Head Coach position for the Men and Women Golf Teams at KWC. He will also work in the sports information office.

Last season he served as the National Chair of the NCAA D2 Golf Tournament Selection Committee. Looks like a good hire!

www.kwcpanthers.com

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X