Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    Brandon Hatton is going to improve. He's a tough player who will probably start. The team atmosphere last year for him as a newcomer seemed uncomfortable for him. I would like to see him drive more. He has the strength to.

Harris could average over 30 ppg. He was very mature this past season. He accepted his role well as a first year player.
    Hate this time of the year, hungry for sports, pro baseball is ok , but prefer college football/basketball, guess that's why I blog during summer ha

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
      Hate this time of the year, hungry for sports, pro baseball is ok , but prefer college football/basketball, guess that's why I blog during summer ha
      Most people do. That's why programs keep fans interested with sprinkling releases throughout the summer. Except USI under Weber SIU reject. People have to dig through social media to get an idea of who's recruited /signed or who they are even playing in the fall. Not sure what's put out nowadays for kdub. They use to have things all summer in messenger and even Evansville rag.
      Sad thing is when you ask a usi "official " about "x" or "a" they get pissed and act as if it's national security.

Comment

KWC has been in seven of the last ten NCAA D2 Midwest Regional Tournaments. If history has anything to do with it, they should show well this season.

Happy does compete. Don't underestimate Coach Osborne. I don't know him. I have talked to him casually, but he approached me. When Ken-Jah played his first basketball game in the Dust Bowl, Happy Osborne and Jim Askins approached me because they had seen the blog I created. Photography will get views. The better the photos, the better the blog and you get paid nothing to do it. Happy talked to me twice after that first encounter. He wasn't unpleasant. He was just letting me know that he had his eye on me. So, because of that and another incident I deleted the blog. So, that's over and I'm still living.

If Coach Osborne wants to really right the ship, now is the time. I just don't like the suspensions, and I don't like losing to USI.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
          Quite a few reasons. The Bellarmine name is more relevant. 17 year old kids don't care about what happened in the 60s. Bellarmine has a coach who makes kids better players. Academically Bellarmine is a better option and Louisville is a far more attractive place to spend 4 years.

QUOTE=Purplebuckeye;2061586]Bellermine does it successfully why can't we, the D2 school that has the most championship banners hanging up? It's easier to sign juco, transfer players than a quality high school kid
          [/QUOTE]

The Bellarmine name is not more relevant and I have nothing against Bellarmine.

Comment

Bellarmine is way more relevant than any other team in our region! Teens this day want to know what you have done in the last 2-5 years...KWC and USI have done nothing whereas Bellarmine has thrived.

The Bellarmine name is not more relevant and I have nothing against Bellarmine.[/QUOTE]

Comment

No, Bellarmine is not more relevant. If they had Football they would be more relevant. Bellarmine and Wesleyan go way back. I like Bellarmine. The G-MAC will be as good as the other two conferences, if not better this upcoming season. Get used to it.

Comment

I would bet a large amount of money that Scott Davenport has never had a recruit ask him about football at Bellarmine and he certainly has not lost a recruit because Bellarmine does not have a football team.

Comment

Webster definition of Relevant. 1.Relation to the matter at hand.

I just don't think Bellarmine is more relevant in their athletic department. That is my opinion. Not everything in life is about who wins by a few points.
                  Last edited by alumnifan; 07-11-2017, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Agree with your definition. The "matter at hand" was Bellarmine's v. KWC's ability to sign high school basketball players. I'm really not sure about who is more relevant (to me something is either relevant or not relevant), but football is definitely irrevlevant to the matter at hand.

Comment

You think KWC football is relevant and impacts basketball recruitment? Just because you have football doesn't mean it's relevant!

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                      No, Bellarmine is not more relevant. If they had Football they would be more relevant. Bellarmine and Wesleyan go way back. I like Bellarmine. The G-MAC will be as good as the other two conferences, if not better this upcoming season. Get used to it.

Comment

I see we've reached the "mid-summer have a ridiculous argument" stage of the year.

Comment

I am saying that the Bellarmine name is not more relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                            I see we've reached the "mid-summer have a ridiculous argument" stage of the year.
                            I didn't realize that was limited to a certain time of year. Apparently most of us are ill-informed.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
                              Quite a few reasons. The Bellarmine name is more relevant. 17 year old kids don't care about what happened in the 60s. Bellarmine has a coach who makes kids better players. Academically Bellarmine is a better option and Louisville is a far more attractive place to spend 4 years.

QUOTE=Purplebuckeye;2061586]Bellermine does it successfully why can't we, the D2 school that has the most championship banners hanging up? It's easier to sign juco, transfer players than a quality high school kid
                              [/QUOTE]
                              Kentucky Wesleyan does not live in the 1960s? Where do you get that?

Do we respect our tradition? Absolutely! The record book is never going away.

Wesleyan's Academic Mission has never changed. We honor and encourage first generation college students. We are not a University and never have been since 1858. Why is that less? Wesleyan has been named among the best Baccalaureate​ Colleges in Kentucky and the South. That is a fact!

Not every kid wants to attend a college in Louisville.
                              Last edited by alumnifan; 07-11-2017, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Recruiting is all about the coaches. The rest of it matters, but only secondarily.

Right now Davenport is doing a great job. There is no guarantee the next guy will be able to sustain it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X