Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

I am not worried about the roster. KWC has three front line players and shooters. Hatton has enough experience to lead the guards. I think D2 as a whole might be changing it's recruiting strategy. We'll find out soon enough.

Comment

I believe you may be right. Last years national champs biggest player was 6'8". He scored 14 points all year. Their smallest player was 5'9" he scored 754 points. Who would you sign??

And if you are correct we will need guards to bring tough all game D. We will have quick guards, strong guards, guards that can get their own shot, guards that have unlimited range, guards that have a history of many steals. Having said that they must be coached in a way to get their best and not concerned about starting, points, even playing time in any one game.

Comment

You described Brandon Johnson. Cardell is having a very good Euro career. Still, Brandon was stronger and very mature. Always smiling. He was around 5'11" and could almost rip the rim down. He and Cornbread performed two of the strongest dunks I have seen in the recent era. McFarland can really shoot the long ball now. Jacks will have a great career in Europe as well.

Comment

KWC has entered into an accepted agreement with the UK College of Medicine. They have a similar agreement in Law with the University of Louisville. Kentucky is building a new facility in Bowling Green to help supply more physicians in Western and Central Kentucky. I hope another basketball exhibition can come out of this.

Comment

The concession renovations at the Sportscenter have been completed. It will offer the standard game foods, along with pizza, all things chicken including mashed potatoes, chicken fingers, biscuits and gravy, nachos, hamburgers anyway you want, french fries and other various menu items. It will help the fan experience be much better. Spectra will do a good job.
            Last edited by alumnifan; 07-22-2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
              The concession renovations at the Sportscenter have been completed. It will offer the standard game foods, along with pizza, all things chicken including mashed potatoes, chicken fingers, biscuits and gravy, nachos, hamburgers anyway you want, french fries and other various menu items. It will help the fan experience be much better. Spectra will do a good job.
              Any future KWC players playing in Dust Bowl, and if so, how are they doing

Comment

Good question.. I think they played last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                  Good question.. I think they played last night.
                  I am not seeing any future player names in dust bowl except Cardwell one night

Comment

KWC has a New Associate Head Coach in Jason Mays. He was the Associate for Valdosta State last season.

Read all about it @
                    www.kwcpanthers.com

The Dust Bowl is usually voluntary.

Comment

KWC has a New Associate Head Coach in Jason Mays. He was the Associate for Valdosta State last season.

Read all about it @
                      www.kwcpanthers.com

The Dust Bowl is usually voluntary.
                      I am more concerned about roster mix. There doesn't seem to be as much enthusiasm around this recruiting class. I wonder what goals Happy and staff are setting for upcoming season

Comment

The new Associate Head Coach maybe the front runner for the Head Coaching job in the future. He previously worked with Osborne at Georgetown, and Valdosta State is a member of the GSC. So, that gives Wesleyan a connection to that Conference.

Comment

The new Associate Head Coach maybe the front runner for the Head Coaching job in the future. He previously worked with Osborne at Georgetown, and Valdosta State is a member of the GSC. So, that gives Wesleyan a connection to that Conference.
                          Happy was suppose to be signing another player or 2, has anyone heard anything??

Comment

Shakir Lindsey has transferred. The Roster is full. KWC has three 6'8" players and a 6'7" player. That doesn't include Elkins who is listed as a freshman this season and he is 6'7". Without Elkins the team has 10 scholarship players if I am not mistaken.

A D2 team has 10 scholarships.
                            My understanding is you can split a scholarship, but you can only have ten scholarship players on the team. The Roster is updated at Verbal Commits.

Comment

Shakir Lindsey has transferred. The Roster is full. KWC has three 6'8" players and a 6'7" player. That doesn't include Elkins who is listed as a freshman this season and he is 6'7". Without Elkins the team has 10 scholarship players if I am not mistaken.

A D2 team has 10 scholarships.
                              My understanding is you can split a scholarship, but you can only have ten scholarship players on the team. The Roster is updated at Verbal Commits.

Ok jay Johnson 6-7, Dakota 6-8, Harris 6-8, who am I leaving out?? Of the bigs??

Comment

Sam Williams is still on the roster.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X