Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Thank you. I really don't care when the roster comes out, but the athletic department usually waits until all student athletes are in class. They then have picture day shortly thereafter and everything is posted on the athletic website. There is no specific day or date. Usually the athletic department is pretty prompt.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
      I think what he means is that there's an assumption that if you're going to be on the team then you'd have to be enrolled and in class when the semester begins, regardless of an actual published roster. But that's just a guess.
      Thanks - exactly.

Comment

They should keep secret until oct 30 along with schedule. It gives program a big edge.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
          They should keep secret until oct 30 along with schedule. It gives program a big edge.
          You really shouldn't blame Watson for the schedule. Good teams are afraid to play against his run & gun style.

Comment

Apparently last week Urbana signed a 7'2" C transfer from D1 UT-Martin?

On the one hand, if you're 7'2" and playing for UT-Martin or Urbana how good could you be...but at the same time 7'2" is 7'2" so...

Comment

On the one hand, if you're 7'2" and playing for UT-Martin or Urbana how good could you be...but at the same time 7'2" is 7'2" so...
              Could be used as "intimation" sitting on the bench, but when in the game probably the worse player on the entire court.

Comment

It's getting close to crunch time, surely Happy has to sign a wing player doesn't he?? I find his recruiting/signings puzzling. Does anyone feel good about it?

Comment

We have 7 D1 players on team. 2 first team All American juco players plus 4 all conference juco players.

Hatton and Cardwell are good/big enough to play the 3. They can rebound and shoot the three. I think we will have one more addition but on paper we are a very good D2 team.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                    We have 7 D1 players on team. 2 first team All American juco players plus 4 all conference juco players.

Hatton and Cardwell are good/big enough to play the 3. They can rebound and shoot the three. I think we will have one more addition but on paper we are a very good D2 team.
                    I don't like a 6-2 guy playing the 3. I wish I had your enthusiasm. We jump from 6-2 to 6-8. Once again he has recruited 2 one year players. I don't like this guard heavy recruiting. Another year without a high school senior on team. The one and only 4 year player we had just graduated, and he turned out very good.

Comment

Originally posted by North Ala Screwdriver View Post
                      Could be used as "intimation" sitting on the bench, but when in the game probably the worse player on the entire court.
                      Those whom live in carbondale and coach over 100 miles away calls a player like that "the future".

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                        I don't like a 6-2 guy playing the 3. I wish I had your enthusiasm. We jump from 6-2 to 6-8. Once again he has recruited 2 one year players. I don't like this guard heavy recruiting. Another year without a high school senior on team. The one and only 4 year player we had just graduated, and he turned out very good.
                        Not entirely fair to say he's only recruited one 4 year guy. We were supposed to have Justin Miller. We were supposed to have Colton Elkins. We have had Hunter Noffsinger but he hasn't played due to injuries. If you've followed the recruiting very closely there's been several high school players he has offered but they chose low level D1 over high level D2. I guess some of that might lead you to say he's not offering the right high schoolers, but he has at least tried to land some, and the ones he's gone after have been high quality guys.

Comment

Last year we had three Ky. recruited as freshman players on the roster. Happy has offer many..most are playing on team with less than 500 records but get to go home wearing d1 sweats.

Comment

Happy just offered a 5'8" junior. He signed with Miami of Ohio. M of O has not had a winning season for years. I do not think their wins have ever get into the teens.

Kid said I am going to live my dream of playing d1 ball. History will tell all about how his dream plays out.

Comment

Not entirely fair to say he's only recruited one 4 year guy. We were supposed to have Justin Miller. We were supposed to have Colton Elkins. We have had Hunter Noffsinger but he hasn't played due to injuries. If you've followed the recruiting very closely there's been several high school players he has offered but they chose low level D1 over high level D2. I guess some of that might lead you to say he's not offering the right high schoolers, but he has at least tried to land some, and the ones he's gone after have been high quality guys.
                              Ok let me state it this way, Happy has successfully only had one player come in as a freshman and complete 4 years.

Comment

Jack Owens will turn the ship around at Miami of Ohio. He got a good group of recruits this year and added Lairy to next year's class.

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                                Happy just offered a 5'8" junior. He signed with Miami of Ohio. M of O has not had a winning season for years. I do not think their wins have ever get into the teens.

Kid said I am going to live my dream of playing d1 ball. History will tell all about how his dream plays out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X