Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Yet he is a head coach in Ky. ? I think USI is after the Indiana East coach. He can coach but I would like one that is a bit younger. He also has some family issues that may hurt him with KWC.

Many want Jason to hang around I wonder if he would accept a asst. job? I would like to find a way to give him some income.

Comment

What I hear is 1 HC from a Ky school, 2 D2 HC's, and 1 D2 assoc. HC. One of the D2 HCs in particular would be an absolute HOME RUN hire if we can get him.

Comment

I can think of only one D2 HC that would move. He can coach but not what I would call a big name.

Comment

Out of 300 D2 schools you think there's only 1 HC that would want to move?

Comment

I realize Happy coached at NAIA Georgetown, but he worked with an NCAA D1 program before Wesleyan and his debacle is a main reason why I oppose an NAIA coach.

Comment

It will likely be a couple of weeks before we hear any official announcements. I can narrow it down for you a little...the 2 D2 HC's that are finalists have not ended their current seasons yet.

This info is from a trusted but unofficial source, that's why I don't really want to post specific names, etc.
              Last edited by kdubnation; 03-07-2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWhip View Post
                Wayne Boultinghouse......Rockport....University of Evansville......ISUE
                Yeah, yeah. Boultinghouse was a Joke. Ask Roy. However, Boultinghouse was an associate at KWC under Chapman before coming the head coach if I remember correctly. Nobody cares anyway. Wesleyan needs an NCAA coach.

Comment

Edit
                  Last edited by alumnifan; 03-07-2018, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Hesser came from Glendale High School in Springfield and he's been successful. I've seen him out-coach the majority of the league specifically in 2015-2016 when Drury had a poor roster and went 14-4 in the GLVC (and 7-1 against the East division which everyone says is superior).

Comment

Originally posted by Panther Alum View Post
                      Hesser came from Glendale High School in Springfield and he's been successful. I've seen him out-coach the majority of the league specifically in 2015-2016 when Drury had a poor roster and went 14-4 in the GLVC (and 7-1 against the East division which everyone says is superior).
                      Exactly my point. Get a coach that's proven he can beat people with something other than pure talent. The coaches who can't win unless they do it in the summer on the recruiting trail can't win consistently at this level.

Just FYI, Hesser was a GA under Billy Tubbs at Oklahoma, a Division I assistant at Western Illinois, and had won 3 state high school titles (and finished second two or three more times) in Oklahoma's largest class before he made his way to Glendale.

Unfortunately, KWC had a guy who could both coach and recruit in Todd Lee and they ran him off. His teams were tough.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                        Unfortunately, KWC had a guy who could both coach and recruit in Todd Lee and they ran him off. His teams were tough.
                        Nobody "ran off" Todd Lee. He left for greener pastures at GCU, due to a combination of more pay, an exciting head coach to work under, and not wanting to deal with the transition to the G-MAC.

Comment

Todd Lee had a really nice tan and pretty hair.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                            Yeah, yeah. Boultinghouse was a Joke. Ask Roy. However, Boultinghouse was an associate at KWC under Chapman before coming the head coach if I remember correctly. Nobody cares anyway. Wesleyan needs an NCAA coach.
                            You couldn't remember...USI is always glad to help!

Comment

I can't remember the order of coaches anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                                Todd Lee had a really nice tan and pretty hair.
                                Coach Lee's teams were better than Osborne's. Obviously, you are a big Happy fan. I am a fan of KWC. Todd stayed 8 full years and moved to a better position that paid better. He also took a team to the regional finals and hosted the regional once as the No. 1 seed. Osborne resigned mid season and left the program in shambles in his fifth season. Yes, Coach Lee is a handsome man and stayed in good physical condition. Happy enjoyed eating and was somewhat of a slob. Attendance under Todd was three times better than under Osborne.

KWC needs a great hire without the help of Pollio who was paying back Osborne for helping him land the Mid South job that paid him well enough to retire comfortably. Todd took over a decimated program and Osborne took a healthy program and run it in the ground. Those are the facts!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X