Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Agree..I figured he would like to raise his kids not in NYC. He is young yet experienced with a good record.

Comment

Coach Anderson certainly looks like the hire to make. If he can take a program like St Thomas Aquinas to the Elite 8 for the first time, one would have to assume he could do the same at KWC. Plus, he has extensive connections in New York for specialty players. If he's the man, hire him and announce him as soon as possible. Wesleyan needs to get some recruits. It's doubtful he will bring in many Kentucky players in his first season. He is probably going to have to get transfers and JUCO players, but he could bring some players with him. Expect an announcement after the Elite 8.

Comment

Really frustrated with the MI these days. By this point in the process back when we were hiring to replace Harper the MI had bios of the 3 or 4 finalists for the job (including, of course, Todd Lee) and were giving effort to stay on top of the story and keep people informed with daily or at least every other day updates. When Lee left and we were searching, there was at least the occasional story about where the search effort was at. They never brought out bios of finalists or anything like that, but at least you got the feeling that they knew KWC still existed and that progress was being made to make a hire. This time around? Crickets. Hell, even virtual crickets - they can't even be bothered to throw a tweet out there into cyberspace, let alone put anything in actual print.

Comment

MI and KWC divorced long ago. MI missing a great chance to sell papers. I am afraid no news is not good news.

Comment

Don't lose hope just yet. I suspect we'll hear something this week. It just irks me that here you have a hometown newspaper that all they can do is cream their pants over UK when their office sits a mile or less away from the hometown college that has won just as many national titles as UK has (which I doubt if Joseph Russell, the nominal "KWC beat writer" could even tell you) and they can't even be bothered to get a comment from someone about the head coaching position. How hard to pick up the phone and ask "so how's the coaching search going?" then you don't even have to write a story, just throw a tweet out there saying "Spoke to Rob Mallory and the coaching search has x# of finalists and they hope to make an announcement within x days" ... it's not that difficult, but no let's write another 12 or 13 stories about how UK is winning in the tournament starting all freshmen (as if that's new).

And I like UK. I grew up a UK fan. I'd be pleased as punch to see them win it all. But there ARE people in Owensboro who still care about KWC, and there would probably be more folks that would show at least a passing interest if the MI bothered to remember we exist.

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
              Don't lose hope just yet. I suspect we'll hear something this week. It just irks me that here you have a hometown newspaper that all they can do is cream their pants over UK when their office sits a mile or less away from the hometown college that has won just as many national titles as UK has (which I doubt if Joseph Russell, the nominal "KWC beat writer" could even tell you) and they can't even be bothered to get a comment from someone about the head coaching position. How hard to pick up the phone and ask "so how's the coaching search going?" then you don't even have to write a story, just throw a tweet out there saying "Spoke to Rob Mallory and the coaching search has x# of finalists and they hope to make an announcement within x days" ... it's not that difficult, but no let's write another 12 or 13 stories about how UK is winning in the tournament starting all freshmen (as if that's new).

And I like UK. I grew up a UK fan. I'd be pleased as punch to see them win it all. But there ARE people in Owensboro who still care about KWC, and there would probably be more folks that would show at least a passing interest if the MI bothered to remember we exist.
              Yea they really neglect the hometown College, but they expense Mark Mathis to go to Lexington to cover UK. KWC needs to hire soon, or we will wind up with even more jucos than what a first year coach would recruit. I truthfully feel Happy left program in worse shape than he found it.

Comment

No real question about what Happy left. The team was not as good mid season his first year. His teams were not as good as the players. That screams coaching issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                  No real question about what Happy left. The team was not as good mid season his first year. His teams were not as good as the players. That screams coaching issues.

Comment

Thanks for the input, Silky, it's always a pleasure

Comment

If these guys come over here with their bs I will leave again. It is so sad to see grown men become who these guys are.

Heard from a pretty good source that three were interviewed today. All three very good so it may come down to money needed to sign. NYC coach before interview was thought to be the strongest.

Many many applied and not sure AD will stop at three face to face interviews. AD is in charge but many have veto.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                        If these guys come over here with their bs I will leave again. It is so sad to see grown men become who these guys are.

Heard from a pretty good source that three were interviewed today. All three very good so it may come down to money needed to sign. NYC coach before interview was thought to be the strongest.

Many many applied and not sure AD will stop at three face to face interviews. AD is in charge but many have veto.
                        Just ignore it. Kwc taking initiative to get better. Usi is not.

Comment

Funny, I complain on here about the MI's lack of coverage and a couple of days later a story appears. Probably a coincidence. I personally am not expecting them to give KWC front page coverage day in and day out, but just acknowledging that KWC #1 does still exist and #2 there are people in Owensboro who still care about the program is really all I'm looking for.

Comment

What did the story cover??

Comment

Not much really. Said Rob Mallory stated that on campus interviews were wrapped up and they would decide within a few days. Looking to have someone in place so that they can recruit some before the signing period starts in mid April. Wouldn't comment on names or number of finalists.

Comment

My feeling is they have extended the offer and are either negotiating contract details or waiting for them to notify their current employer. Or both. I'm really hoping they announce this week.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X