Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
    15-16 yes. Previous losing season was in 2006 when we went 13-17 in Todd Lee's second year as coach. As for not playing in the SC - not true.
    Like I said, I don't remember the last time they had a losing season.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
      Sounds sort of like trolls to me. Wesleyan has won 8 National
      Championships with a small student enrollment. That is intentional, btw. If the college wanted a larger student enrollment it would lower the admission standards, buy up surrounding property and build more dorms. Crestview Hills has a population of around 3,100 as compared to around 65,000 in Owensboro, I think.

KWC is also regarded as not only one of the best private liberal arts colleges in Kentucky, but also in the South. Wesleyan started competing in College Basketball soon after James Naismith invented the game and one of their first rivals in basketball was the University of Kentucky. I don't remember the last time KWC had a losing season in basketball.

Wesleyan's practice facility, in the WHRC, with a nice weight room and coaches office complex has to be nearly as nice as the Thomas More home game facility. The Owensboro Sportscenter seats 5,000 with a practically new court and new scoreboard system. It would not surprise me to see the facility enhanced even further in the near future should Wesleyan win a Regional. If that happens, Boom goes the dynamite!

I don't know what type of team or teams KWC will have over the upcoming years under the new coach. What I do know is that if the college does not improve their basketball program significantly under this new coach, it could spell the end of a winning basketball tradition at Wesleyan for awhile. And, if that happens it will be a travesty.

I am NOT one who believes Wesleyan can never win big again. That is a load of horse sh#!
      Horse Sh#!, I say.

Comment

Alumni, you know I am not trolling. All I'm saying is that you guys hiring TMC's coach does make me question the rumors that TMC is considering D2 (and maybe even the G-MAC). I stand by what I said earlier. If they did go D2/G-MAC, they would essentially be on equal footing to KWC in many ways. That's not meant to be an insult. Like I said, they obviously can't replicate the 8 existing banners. As for the Sportscenter, it's a nice venue, no doubt. However, earlier this year I thought I remembered you stating that the school was or should consider moving games on campus due to attendance issues.

BTW - I wouldn't hold their Crestview Hills address against them. Suburban Cincy is a pretty nice area.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
          Alumni, you know I am not trolling. All I'm saying is that you guys hiring TMC's coach does make me question the rumors that TMC is considering D2 (and maybe even the G-MAC). I stand by what I said earlier. If they did go D2/G-MAC, they would essentially be on equal footing to KWC in many ways. That's not meant to be an insult. Like I said, they obviously can't replicate the 8 existing banners. As for the Sportscenter, it's a nice venue, no doubt. However, earlier this year I thought I remembered you stating that the school was or should consider moving games on campus due to attendance issues.

BTW - I wouldn't hold their Crestview Hills address against them. Suburban Cincy is a pretty nice area.
          I didn't take it as a troll post. Sometimes we are defensive on this board as some haters get on here just to make trouble. I think your point is valid about TMC going D2. On the balance I would put KWC ahead of even a D2 TMC job but the gap is much smaller than a D3 TMC job. One reason KWC would be considered better is it does prepare you a bit more for a "pressure cooker" job as KWC is followed pretty intensely. I think a school like Bellarmine will view 5 years at KWC as better than 5 years at a D2 TMC.
          Last edited by WKYDave; 03-27-2018, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Seems more impressive for him to coach KWC to #9 and finally creating Looking For 10 on this message board.

Comment

I too am looking forward to that day. In truth I do not think it will happen. Title IX and conferences make it almost impossible for a small school to excel in any one sport.

Comment

Ok. I slept, woke up, threw up and am ready to meet the night now. To say I am a die hard KWC basketball fan is an understatement. The KWC administration will always tell you that tradition is what the college is all about. Well, basketball is their tradition. It's not the freshmen yard games during orientation, no matter how keen those are, or the wacky Greek orgs and their keg parties, or the outstanding biology department. You mention Kentucky Wesleyan to most people who have ever heard of us and basketball usually comes to mind. Yes, Wesleyan is an outstanding academic institution. That's why it was founded before Abraham Lincoln was shot in the head.

I could not bring myself to even go to a Wesleyan basketball game this past season. It pains me to even think about last season. And, (I mean this literally) if the current paid and unpaid brass at Wesleyan can't turn the basketball program around, they all need to hit the high road. I obviously will take the low road. I have NO real clout at KWC. I'm the disabled psycho who never reached his potential. Sort of like the alcoholic in the movie Hoosiers, only smarter.

Comment

Looks like Todd Lee will be the head coach at South Dakota. Good for him as I always thought he was a good coach.

Comment

Kind of a WAG but I get the feeling that a number of Ky players who have not had a good D1 experience are thinking about finding a home where they can transfer and play together. I can not think of any school that has enough openings to attract them. Well maybe there is one school. 3/4 returnees 3/4 D1 transfers 3/4 HS recruits kind of fits Drew's goals.
                    Hey I said WAG.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                      Kind of a WAG but I get the feeling that a number of Ky players who have not had a good D1 experience are thinking about finding a home where they can transfer and play together. I can not think of any school that has enough openings to attract them. Well maybe there is one school. 3/4 returnees 3/4 D1 transfers 3/4 HS recruits kind of fits Drew's goals.
                      Hey I said WAG.
                      I agree. As painful as it is, I keep scouring Twitter (shudders) hoping to find some "such and such received an offer from Kentucky Wesleyan" or "I've decided to continue my playing career at Kentucky Wesleyan" but so far nada. I know he's going to build a team we can be proud of, I just hate the wait! Also, Verbal Commits keeps a very up to date list of transfers, my only complaint is I wish they'd include the player's hometown on there so I don't have to click on them all to see if they're a Kentucky boy that might want to come home!

Comment

Sounds like you and I do the same things. I also look at twitter to see if anything can give away their thinking. When they retweet "cops beat up unarmed (fill in the blank)" I hope I never see them.

Comment

No offense......but spending my time scouring 19 year olds twitter feeds, doesn't sound like a quality evening.

Comment

Nah, I'm searching "Ky Wesleyan" and looking through recruiting feeds. I am definitely NOT scouring the feeds of 19 year olds. Far too frightening on many levels.

Comment

Yea there are things you do not want to know so heck let's sign them things will work out just fine.

Comment

I am a little surprised that no one has signed, but i am just anxious. Looks like Hatton and Harris may be the only ones left from last year. I recently bumped into a board member and if some of the things he said about Happy are true, we are 100 times better off now. Some of the things going on i just couldn't believe

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X