• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

What were some of the things going on?

Comment

• Comment

So...Eli Wright transferring away from Mississippi State. Slim chance, probably, but how awesome would it be to see him in the purple & white next season? Owensboro would turn out to watch him, that's for sure!!

Comment

I agree he is on my list.....there are several others that should get away from D1 and thrive in D2.

Comment

Did hear that the PG recently released from SVSU with 2 years of eligibility remaining was in the process of setting up a visit

Comment

I probably need to withdraw my statement about KWC being highly competitive this upcoming season. It's not realistic to expect that out of a new coach who is coming in cold. He has to bring in some really good players to do that, and even then they have to mature. BTW, whoever took that photo down of an empty Sportscenter is greatly appreciated. That photo was from two years ago at least, because I did not go to a game last season.

Comment

• Comment

Welcome to the KWC thread. You seem to know Midwest basketball. Also sounds like you wanted the Tiffin job. Church did okay in a very tough situation. His teams did well when he was an assistant. You are correct Tiffin will not be a power house as usual.

Comment

You spelled Wesleyan right the first time. I have never heard of Wesylan, and where is Thomas Moore? It is Thomas More College. There are three well known people in history named Thomas Moore and Thomas More College is not named after any of the three, JFTR.
                    Last edited by alumnifan; 04-10-2018, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I am jusr thankfull that I never misspell anytbing.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                        You spelled Wesleyan right the first time. I have never heard of Wesylan, and where is Thomas Moore? It is Thomas More College. There are three well known people in history named Thomas Moore and Thomas More College is not named after any of the three, JFTR.
                        Not correct Thomas More College is named for the most famous Thomas More, the Man for All Seasons, and a Saint in the Catholic Church. He was executed by Henry VIII for refusing to recognize the King's marriage to Ann Boleyn and denying that the King was the head of the Church in England.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                          Not correct Thomas More College is named for the most famous Thomas More, the Man for All Seasons, and a Saint in the Catholic Church. He was executed by Henry VIII for refusing to recognize the King's marriage to Ann Boleyn and denying that the King was the head of the Church in England.
                          Knightmoves....I think you misread.

He is trying to be cute by pointing out that the other poster wrote Thomas Moore. Two O's.

I'm sure alumnifan knows who Thomas More is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson View Post
                            Knightmoves....I think you misread.

He is trying to be cute by pointing out that the other poster wrote Thomas Moore. Two O's.

I'm sure alumnifan knows who Thomas More is.
                            I see, my bad. BTW: St Thomas More is the patron saint of barristers and politicians.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                              I see, my bad. BTW: St Thomas More is the patron saint of barristers and politicians.
                              As a Catholic and a lawyer, I knew that.

Although, his legal skills couldn't help him when faced with a stacked jury.

Comment

It is time to clear this Moore thing up. Thomas Moore's cousin Benjamin makes great paint. Neither played basketball well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X