Clear All

• Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Hi

Comment

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Wowzers...

Comment

Meds are on the top shelve in the bathroom.

Comment

It has bee awhile.

Comment

Actually, I can (kind of) corroborate what alumnifan is saying here. I made a fairly straightforward comment on here once relating my opinion of Coach Holdsclaw's coaching skills and not 10 minutes later he found my Twitter handle and sent me a DM saying he'd love to meet with me in his office and I should stop by campus and see him. I was rather surprised, and more than a little taken aback.

Comment

I have given my views about old football coach many times. It was well past a time for a change. I think what KWC has done for many young men is wonderful but
              it can be done with more Ws.

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
                  Actually, I can (kind of) corroborate what alumnifan is saying here. I made a fairly straightforward comment on here once relating my opinion of Coach Holdsclaw's coaching skills and not 10 minutes later he found my Twitter handle and sent me a DM saying he'd love to meet with me in his office and I should stop by campus and see him. I was rather surprised, and more than a little taken aback.
                  He sent me a friend request on Facebook and I deleted it. He then sent me a DM on Facebook, and basically demanded that I accept his friend request. That was when I blocked him on Facebook in order to prevent him from contacting me. I understand that he is upset, but still I had nothing to do with his resigning or his lack of success. It's not like the administration read my posts and said, "ok, Brent, you need to resign because of alumnifan." I can remember a few years ago where the then Director of Athletics did not even know where the football team was playing that day. He didn't know, because he didn't care and knew they were going to get beat. It was at a Saturday function on campus where the All American Club was raising money during an event. I am sorry if I hurt his feelings, but I highly doubt the majority of the administration had a panic attack.

Personally, I am looking forward to this upcoming athletic season. I am looking forward to seeing the new Wrestling team and I am looking forward to seeing what the new basketball coach can do. We do need to give him some time. He has almost all Freshmen on this team. It could be a year in which some get disgruntled, but if he really can turn the program into what it should be, I am willing to wait. I have a feeling by the end of the season we will see a glimpse of what the basketball team will be in the near future. I like his recruits. They are good kids and they will learn from the new basketball coach and will be excited and proud to play for Kentucky Wesleyan. Overall, I see a period in the athletic department where it is going to be at least two seasons before things really start to pay dividends across the athletic department. The baseball team, softball team and women's basketball teams will win their share of games this season. All of those programs are well coached and disciplined.

Comment

Coach Cooper was on the Homers radio show last night (you can listen via SoundCloud and/or Twitter, look for Homers Radio Network) and said that Monday night's potluck and "Evening with KWC Basketball" will include details regarding our non-conference schedule (to date) and roster. He alluded to the possibility that "one or two" players beyond Hunter Noffsinger and Erik Bell may be returning after all. He said it's something they are working on, and they may be able to confirm on Monday but can't say for sure yet. I'm looking forward to the event and hope to hear some good news there!

Comment

Excited to learn about the news. I do think Coop let the news about news got away from him. Due to hype I have it narrowed down to two or more players from last year will stay. If it is either one of the bigs great news. Hatton would be okay but I wonder if he would make it all year. Coop also made it sound like we are close to adding an all American. Bell is worried that they are going to lose a player or two maybe we get one. Going to be fun hearing the scope Monday and I hope they sell some tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
                        Coach Cooper was on the Homers radio show last night (you can listen via SoundCloud and/or Twitter, look for Homers Radio Network) and said that Monday night's potluck and "Evening with KWC Basketball" will include details regarding our non-conference schedule (to date) and roster. He alluded to the possibility that "one or two" players beyond Hunter Noffsinger and Erik Bell may be returning after all. He said it's something they are working on, and they may be able to confirm on Monday but can't say for sure yet. I'm looking forward to the event and hope to hear some good news there!
                        Not many players from last year's haven't committed elsewhere.

As far as I know, Brandon, Malek, Jacob Overton (walk-on), Evan Milligan, and Bird Caldwell are only ones that I know haven't signed somewhere.

I would think the last 2 are gone...given what has been recruited to this point my money would be on Jacob returning.

Comment

I think it is Hatton. Leading scorer, from KY. , supportive parents, nice girl friend, just a hot head at times. I think Coop was going to keep him until seeing him in pick up games. If it is him he will be on a short leash.

Has Quinn signed? He should stay with BB.

Comment

Never ever did I think I would be looking at wrestling videos. Never ever did I think I would see a gym full of fans watching wrestling. never ever will I go to a match. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                              Never ever did I think I would be looking at wrestlilng videos. Never ever did I think I would see a gym full of fans watching wrestling. never ever will I go to a match. :)
                              You don't have to. There will be plenty of people watching the new Wrestling team at Kentucky Wesleyan. There are hordes of good to great high school wrestlers in this region who would love to win a National Championship at Kentucky Wesleyan. There are many outstanding high school wrestlers in this region who would love to wrestle locally in their collegiate career. The WHRC will host some of the most exciting small college wrestling matches in this region, by far, if my hunch is correct. I think it is an OUTSTANDING addition to the athletic department. People need to understand that there is no athlete competing in any high school or collegiate wrestling program, who believe in their sport, who has no doubt about the rigors and demanding athletic and physical toll this type of sport takes on a person. Wrestling makes you mentally tough. The wrestler's body adheres to it's weight class. That is one of the wonderful aspects of amateur wrestling. You can participate in this sport no matter your size or weight. You go through a high school wrestling program, no matter how good or bad you were, and meet the requirements of wrestling on a high school varsity team through your high school years, you have proved that you are a worker, one who gives up only when they cannot go any further, and a young man who does not have to pretend to be anything other than who he is.

The new wrestling team at Kentucky Wesleyan will not only add a new dimension to the athletic department, these young men will add to the stature of Kentucky Wesleyan College. A collegiate wrestler has to be disciplined and serious about what he does in life. That is the type of student and scholar/athlete Kentucky Wesleyan needs and will always need. The college has graduated some outstanding athletes and students during it's long history. Something good always happens eventually in the athletic program at KWC. It is a small college, but the pride of the institution is to be the best they can be. Good things are going to start to happen. You will see a glimpse of it this athletic season. That is my gut feeling at the moment.

Comment

I do wish them well and respect their hard work.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X