Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
    Has anyone looked/studied the new G MAC point system? the little I see I do not like it. It maybe would work if every team played every team but that is not the case so the schedule has real impact. KWC WBB has won four games by over 22 points and they are third. Two teams ahead have have won three games so I guess it is an average points not a total of points that causes rankings. We only get to play the, who I believe are, top two wbb teams once.
    It's the same system the GLVC has been using the last couple years, and it's intended to counteract schedule imbalance. Whether it accomplishes that, I don't know. It's a modified version of the NCAA's Performance Indicator system.

Comment

• This looks like the KWC team that played at USI, not the one that played LMU a couple of weeks ago. Not having Currie hurts this team's mojo, and that idiotic mandated break didn't help either.

Comment

• I know he's doing his job, and he's as loyal as a man can be to a school and athletics program but God bless him, Joel Utley needs to stop making excuses for this team. We can be as good as anyone in D2 at times...and at others we can be as bad as anyone in D2.

Comment

• It is who Joel is and has always been. What happen with Currie?

Comment

• Not sure; something medical which kept him from traveling on this trip but they said he would be back "soon"

Comment

• Thanks

Comment

• Did Gilmer really score 17? WOW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawson View Post
                  Did Gilmer really score 17? WOW
                  No. Wyatt Battaile wore Gilmer's #14 jersey this road trip because apparently his didn't make it. Malone didn't bother to correct it on their live stats, and their broadcaster on the live stream obviously didn't do his homework because he called Battaile "Gilmer" the whole game. On a side note, time to fire the team manager

Comment

• Nice bounce-back win for the Panthers. Apparently we are at our toughest in overtime this season. That's twice we've been only "so-so" in regulation and then dominated OT to win. Let's just call the second half "overtime" from now on and maybe we'll do better in reg.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdubnation View Post

No. Wyatt Battaile wore Gilmer's #14 jersey this road trip because apparently his didn't make it. Malone didn't bother to correct it on their live stats, and their broadcaster on the live stream obviously didn't do his homework because he called Battaile "Gilmer" the whole game. On a side note, time to fire the team manager
                      Well.....great win anyway.

Hopefully we take both home games next week

Comment

• I posted something else but realized I was looking at the Women's Standings so, in my best Emily Litella voice, NEVERMIND.
                        Last edited by UFOILERFAN; 01-09-2020, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• One bad ref almost screwed KWC last night. We really miss Stew and Coop must get more from Jo. I really really wish Bell could shoot a lick. Sasha's rebounding has improved and him being able to play has helped. AB looked very good and we have to ready to play our best game.

Regional ratings are going to bring lots of heart burn to some good teams both men and women.

The more I hear about the point system the more I am so happy that wins and losses are just kind of important. I think you should get double the points for a Findlay win on their court. Maybe give more points for traveling a long distance. Maybe less points for Malone and Walsh because both are home courts. On and on just let egg heads play with ways to mess with the game.

Comment

• Well, with today's loss, in all probability (Massey has us finishing at 9-17), KWC will finish with a losing record for the 3rd season in a row. A feat not done since before WW II. Disappointed but not surprised. Missed Currie today but with a roster of 15 players, one player should not make a difference against a 4-11 team at home. Surprised that Mo didn't play in 2nd half and Bezold didn't play at all since #10 hurt us in the paint so much. Losing 40% of our scoring and minutes played to graduation...not sure next year will be better. I expect that we lose more than the 5 Seniors, but I suppose the starting line up will be Sasha, Currie, Wyatt, Jo, and Zach with maybe Boyle taking the place of one of those. I expect we will see NAIA schools next year in order to pad the win/loss column.
                            Last edited by WKYDave; 01-11-2020, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone think AB played like a 4-11 team today?

Comment

• Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
                                Does anyone think AB played like a 4-11 team today?
                                Not trying to be argumentative but did Ohio Valley look like a 3-11 team on Thursday? Did Urbana look like what is now a 4-10 team with home loses to Salem and Tiffin? Guess the Sportscenter brings out the best in visiting teams.
                                Last edited by WKYDave; 01-11-2020, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X