Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mays took Ashland to the Elite 8 at Rupp last year after a rocky start to their season. And at 28-0, this season has obviously built off that. I have followed Mays in this journey because I really liked him as a coach. He inherited a tough group that year at KWC. A lot of guys with a "me first" attitude, and he really hadn't had the time there to fix it. I think he was a late hire (July if I remember correctly) so he missed all the summer work where he could have built some better relationships. Those may just be excuses, but I genuinely liked the guy and wanted to see him win. Especially after Happy left him high and dry for his "medical issues". All that said, I'm pulling for Ashland to make a run for the championship.

Comment

• FWIW the coach we didn't hire has STAC #2 in the East regional rankings

Comment

• Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
        FWIW the coach we didn't hire has STAC #2 in the East regional rankings
        Weak region? Findlay beat them by 17 at STAC. Early in the season but...

Comment

• Comment

• YESSSS!

Comment

• We have 11 wins and in the tourney we get to play two teams we beat. I think OD got robbed tonight but their own fault they lost.

Comment

• This is fun

Comment

• Here and ready to cheer on the Panthers!

Comment

• Great job in GMAC tournament. Played up to their potential in 1st two games. Interesting stat, when KWC scored 70+ they were 11-3 (GMAC/D2 average is around 75/76). They were 6-5holding teams below 70, so that's not as obvious a factor as offensive struggles
                    Last edited by WKYDave; 03-07-2020, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• I guess there just wasn't enough left in the tank today. Their performance in the league tourney overall was a good way to end the season. But like last year, where we beat Hillsdale in our last game of the season, we need to actually build from it and not come out to start next year looking like a YWCA rec league team. There is no reason KWC can't be a top 2-3 team in the league every single year. It's time to see if this staff has the ability to get us back there. Next season if we don't have at least 20 wins and host a first round game in the conference tourney I think it will be time to seriously reevaluate whether Coach Cooper is the best man to run the program.

Comment

• Wow...#21 in country not given bid to NCAA!!! Let's compare KWC and Lewis

KWC - 24-3 D2 record
                        Lewis - 19-12

KWC loses - 2x #3 Walsh, Tiffin (11-16 D2 record)
                        Lewis loses - 2x #1 Drury, #2 Ashland, #4 GVSU, #5 Ferris St, #8 Lindenwood, MI Tech (11-17), Parkside (16-14), 2x UMSL (16-13), Indy (19-10), Maryville (16-12)

KWC wins - 0
                        Lewis wins - #7 USI, #8 Lindenwood

Common Opponents
                        Rockhurst
                        KWC 97-49 Neutral site
                        Lewis 85-74 Home

Mo S&T
                        KWC 62-53 Neutral Site
                        Lewis 71-63 Home

UMSL
                        KWC 58-34 Home
                        Lewis 60-71 Home LOSS
                        Lewis 58-71 Away LOSS

IL- Springfield
                        KWC 77-66 Away
                        Lewis 75-66 Home
                        Lewis 86-77 Away

Similar story with Ferris, USI and Lindenwood. KWC performed as well or better against common opponents. KWC SOS was bad but every team above them had a BAD loss (to a team with a losing record or 10+ losses).

Hopefully this snub will be a huge motivation to next year's team but I do feel bad for Keelie Lamb being robbed of at least one more game.

Comment

• I can not decide which I want most....Walsh to be Lewis by 100 or for the tourney to be shut down.

Comment

• I understand and see the reason for your frustration.The Drury Women went through this same scenario when they were in the Heartland Conference.The MIAA didnt respect the strength of the new league. In the program's fourth season in existence, Drury won the right to host the regional and they proceeded to smoke the top 3 MIAA teams on the way to the region title. They eventually lost a back and forth National Championship game.

Drury would have been snubbed again if not for their strong strength of schedule that year. Got to play tougher competition.

Are you sure you want the tournament shut down?

Comment

• I do feel bad for the girls but not for the regional committee which showed how not biased they are. Did Drury lose to two teams during those years? Ever go 28 and 3?

Comment

• Per Verbal Commits Nick Fort is transferring.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X