Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out Schnautza's Performance Indicators....G-MAC has 10 of the BOTTOM 15 teams in the region. A horribly down year for the league and probably only 1 bid.

Comment

• Clearly a rebuilding year for Findlay. Currently 4-5, the Oilers host Parkside Tuesday and then visit #18 St. Thomas Aquinas on Saturday. I think our only hope of playing Bellarmine again is if we get hot at the end of the season and win the G-MAC tourney. So, very little hope. Really wanted to play the Knights one more time before they hit the big time.
      Last edited by UFOILERFAN; 12-17-2019, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• I really don't know what to think about the Men's team. However, the KWC women's team is 10-0. That is great for the women and Caleb and Nicole. They are top notch people and coaches. I have been a KWC Men's Basketball fan for about 40 years. I was first on campus at KWC when I was in grade school back in the early 70's. I was destined to go to college there. This men's coaching staff deserves some scrutiny, and uhh it's probably on it's way if history at KWC still means something.

Comment

• Not to mention TRADITION! Let's remember tradition at Wesleyan. I'm just a voice, but my views come from my love for Wesleyan.

Comment

• If/when the MBB team gets all the players shooting well we will get more wins. Some are not showing how good they have been in the past. I believe it will come. Our two new players will help a bunch.

I can not say enough about the WBB team. I will say they have already signed some outstanding players for next year and beyond.

Comment

• I am not sure how I can be disappointed with the wbb team but I wanted them to play better last night. Their D relaxed too much and it showed. Bad habits are hard to correct.

It will be hard to keep focus the next two games. Pretty weak teams and going home for Xmas on everyone's mind.

Comment

• I think I have pinpointed one big issue with the mbb team. These young men have the weight of 8 national champions on their shoulders. When each signed they say I want to restore what Wesleyan mbb was. In the end of games the stress causes them to stumble and make mistakes. I am hoping the WKU games helped them relax and realize they should just play for themselves not history.
                For much of the game they played with a "okay" WKU team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                  I think I have pinpointed one big issue with the mbb team. These young men have the weight of 8 national champions on their shoulders. When each signed they say I want to restore what Wesleyan mbb was. In the end of games the stress causes them to stumble and make mistakes. I am hoping the WKU games helped them relax and realize they should just play for themselves not history.
                  For much of the game they played with a "okay" WKU team.

Comment

• Time will tell but your foolish commits do nothing for anyone.

WBB team does not have players that can drive pass their defender. Coaching has countered very nicely with back door plays and lobs toward the rim. I have never seen a team that lobs to so many different players for scores. Some real good coaching on that and out of bounds plays.

Comment

• Now THAT was good basketball. LMU had some real characters, yet our boys never lost composure. Sucks to lose on a last second shot like that, but I was so proud of the team today.

Comment

• We saw a very good basketball team today..one that will get better. I thought the foul calling just plain sucked and players never knew what they could do on defense.

Comment

• This time of year is always wicked busy so I haven't had time to type out any thoughts here til now. That LMU game could have been a tipping point for this team. We'll have to see how they come back from the holidays and what we can do on the road at Walsh and Malone. If we play like we did against LMU there's not more than one or two teams on our entire schedule (not including D1 exh games) that could beat us. Bellarmine and Lincoln Memorial themselves are about it. This was the first game in Drew Cooper's tenure where the team looked absolutely fearless on the court. And the first where they looked like maybe they understand what it means to defend their home court and to play under those 8 banners up in the rafters. Even though we didn't get the win, that was one heck of a showing, and hopefully it points to what we can expect going forward both the rest of this season and in the future under Cooper.

Stew Currie is a beast. Not in such a way as he's going to be an All-American or lead the team in scoring, or lead the league in rebounding...but he plays with a fierceness that we have been lacking for YEARS from a post player. I can't think of a single big man that has brought that kind of attitude and motor since the Todd Lee days.

Sasha Sukhanov hasn't shown a whole lot just yet, but he's still knocking the rust off. In each of his games since becoming eligible he's gotten a little better. I still think he's going to be a major contributor to this team as we get into February and March.

Jo Griffin and Wyatt Battaile both are looking more and more comfortable and have both demonstrated some real wow factor. Wyatt's shooting this last week was phenomenal.

I don't like the way the season started, but I'm definitely feeling better about how the team has gelled the last few weeks. Obviously a lot of the key components of this team were new to the program to start the season, but you're always going to have that to some degree. I think Cooper's big mistake was in scheduling, to be honest. Coming right out of the gate playing against Bellarmine at their place, especially with a team that's not comfortable together yet, is just a recipe for disaster. And that game was disastrous for us, I think not only in terms of the one game but in terms of the team coming away completely lacking confidence. Unless you've got a veteran team back with most of your key pieces already in place and knowing the system, I don't think you're doing yourself any favors by scheduling that kind of game the very first game of the season. You need to play an Oakland City, or Brescia, or some other NAIA or weak D2 that you can use as a learning game - a comfort game. I'm not saying schedule ALL of your non-conference games like that, but you need a game or two at the start to get your feet wet. That's what all the big D1 teams do, after all, at least the ones not playing in the big prime-time season tip-off tournaments. The alternative would be to schedule one less D1 exhibition and play a scrimmage or exhibition against a lower level team, again, to build that confidence.

And I do understand that a lot of that is probably easier said than done. I don't know how hard it is to schedule at our level, though to be honest it seems to me like it would be easier to get one or two crappy teams in to play against than it has been to schedule these bigger names, but that's just a guess.

At any rate, as we move into full fledged conference mode, I feel much more confident at this point than I did a month ago...not to mention moreso than I did around this time last year. The team that showed up against LMU could easily land in the top 2 or 3 in the G-MAC. The question is, will that team consistently be the one we put on the court? I AM concerned about this trip to play Walsh and Malone. We haven't seen what this team can do on the road yet, and I fear the mandated holiday break will cause some backsliding. But we shall see!

Comment

• The last 3/4 games we have made really good progress toward being a pretty good D2 team. We have a long way to go but here is what about where we are. Guard play is good Bell needs to up his game (shooting) Our back to the basket players are getting better (led by Stew) Coop needs to figure when/who to play. I believe he should use all of his bigs. Even Smith can help at times.

We have four players that can play center and get their own shot. That is rare in D2. None of our four at supper stars but each adds something different and can play defense and get their shot. Coop just needs to know when to play them and for how long.

Walsh MBB play has not been as good as it was earlier. Not enough for us to beat them but you never know. It will be interesting to see how the lay off affects each team. We need to win at least one game in Canton.

WBB plays maybe their toughest opponent Monday. A 9-2 team much improved from last year. Start two 6'3" sisters and added good frost and transfers. We may be faster but they will be taller/stronger at each position. I do not know if this a game that counts or an EX but it will not be an easy win. I hope we will not be looking ahead to Walsh. Our next three WBB games may be decided by wearing down opponents by using our deep bench.

WBB is in the top 10 in many stats and should soon be getting votes. Canton will be a good test.

Comment

• Once again I was right about WBB playing a tough team that may beat them. Bigger with good shooters would give KWC a real test as to how good they are. With a 50 point win I guess they maybe okay. They do need to lower the turn overs. I think Walsh starters may be better than our starters but Walsh has almost no bench and we should wear them down.

Our newcomers could be the difference.

MBB will be decided by defense and shooting ( aren't they all) but hitting threes is key for us. Threes in the first half and then work Moe and Stew inside the second half.

Comment

• Has anyone looked/studied the new G MAC point system? the little I see I do not like it. It maybe would work if every team played every team but that is not the case so the schedule has real impact. KWC WBB has won four games by over 22 points and they are third. Two teams ahead have have won three games so I guess it is an average points not a total of points that causes rankings. We only get to play the, who I believe are, top two wbb teams once.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X