Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
    UofL has as much talent as ever, even without Bowen. They may be the longest/quickest team in D1. It's a total craphshoot as to how they play, however. Some people have speculated that Davenport might feel disrespected by their failure to even talk to him about the job (just media chatter IMO). It will be interesting to see if Scotty pulls out the stops to try and win the exhibition game. I don't think he will. I see him treating it as a scrimmage and playing his entire bench.
    Louisville is huge: Players - 7' - 1, 6'11" - 1, 6'10" - 2, 6'8" - 2. 6'7" - 2...... As much as I would relish seeing BU win, I just hope that they are competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
      It will be interesting to see if Scotty pulls out the stops to try and win the exhibition game. I don't think he will. I see him treating it as a scrimmage and playing his entire bench.
      Yeah, as has been noted, he never plays to win these exhibitions, which is understandable. I do wish we'd play to win them, as, when preaching the Bellarmine hoops gospel with unenlightened fans, I get much more "mileage" out of pointing out that BU beat Xavier (and very nearly repeated) than when I note the Knights bagging a D-II national title.

Comment

I think the biggest benefit of winning a D1 exh is the boost in confidence it would give the team. In Bellarmine's case, I don't think confidence is going to be an issue at all, so it probably is more beneficial for Scotty to see what his players can do, and beneficial for the players to just get used to the system and playing with each other and seeing what works and what doesn't in different situations.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
          I read where Bruce Pearl and his side kick Chuck Person are in the cross hairs. The FBI is looking at deep federal corruption, fruad and bribery schemes. I have never seen world wide Wes and could care less.

One thing is certain. Pitino is gone. National sports writer Pat Forde said the Louisville men's basketball program should be shut down with lights out for a year. Pat Ford also has deep ties to Louisville.

My question is will KWC and Bellarmine have a chance to beat Louisville. Don't laugh. The five star Bowen recruit is not coming. Can you imagine how hard it is going to be for the Cardinal Program this season?
          Louisville will still beat KWC by 40.
          The WKU game is the one to try to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson View Post
            Louisville will still beat KWC by 40.
            The WKU game is the one to try to win.
            I noted Bellarmine as well. I don't see Louisville winning by 40. We don't know the morale of the players. Happy has no problem coaching at the YUM Center. It will be David Padgett's first game as a head coach. Now, one has to expect that he is going to coach hard to win, but how his players performances may not be in his hands. Again, how will their morale and relationship with a new coach and new Director of Athletics affect the team?

I don't know how good WKU will be. I think KWC will play better there than in Louisville.

We also do not know how good KWC will be. You maybe right?

Comment

I do think the NCAA as a whole wants all this recruiting madness to end. It's a black mark on the NCAA, but it's one we know has always been there. It gives College basketball a bad name and programs will suffer. However, it probably will help the game.

I just saw a Facebook post that the KWC @ Findlay game will be on ESPN3. That will kick start that rivalry. I don't know how the game at Findlay was selected. Maybe, that game just fit the airing time. It would be interesting to know how many people will view any part of that game.

Comment

This year's schedule is exciting. What would be really exciting is watching Bellarmine and KWC go at it in the Regional on a neutral court.

D2 teams always do well when every position has depth. Wesleyan will be very good in the post, and the three bigs system can work if they all stay healthy. We'll see how it turns out. I refuse to believe this KWC team will not make the Regional.
                Last edited by alumnifan; 10-05-2017, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Louisville puts two remaining assistants on paid leave.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ches-on-leave/

Comment

Let's talk about our team. My thoughts are that last years team was good but what hurt was we have 5 players that had not played in a close to a year or more. Playing pic up games can hurt your ability to play in an organized team. This year we only have two and one has been coached by Happy last year. We have players that have a history of making their team mates better. Last year we did not have many players that made others better. The key to winning this year will be how our bigs score the ball. Our guards will get them the ball and they must make baskets. I think Mulligan could be a real steal and will surprise. I hope happy gives him a chance to show it.

Has anyone seen practice??

Comment

Live look-in at the USI thread:

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post

I have a feeling that's going to be like kwc season.

Comment

A Herdes disciple is now spreading negativity towards another program. Shocking! Lol! KWC and USI both will have good seasons. Findlay will win the league but KWC can still get an at large bid.

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
                          I have a feeling that's going to be like kwc season.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post

Ha great, I wish I was as confident as you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Redswin View Post
                              A Herdes disciple is now spreading negativity towards another program. Shocking! Lol! KWC and USI both will have good seasons. Findlay will win the league but KWC can still get an at large bid.
                              Playing the herdes card again...hilarious you got nothing lol!! You need thicker skin if you think that's spreading negativity. I didn't have to go back very far 9/20 to find you stating something similar. Smh! Lol!!
                              Last edited by glvcpro; 10-09-2017, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Your extreme negativity and hatred towards life is effecting your ability to read. Lol!

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
                                Playing the herdes card again...hilarious you got nothing lol!! You need thicker skin if you think that's spreading negativity. I didn't have to go back very far 9/20 to find you stating something similar. Smh! Lol!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X