Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
    #1 anyone can buy a ref's uniform so seeing black & white stripes in the background of a video doesn't mean they were official refs. #2, if it were an actual scrimmage against another team of course those games have refs.

And the blue is probably due to the fact that the facility is multi-purpose and serves all kinds of high school, college, and pro teams so blue is more neutral. What I heard, though I don't have any confirmation, is that they were able to get a practically brand new floor that was used for one of the NCAA D1 regional sites which had something like 12 games total played on it for like 1/3 of the cost of a new floor. Personally, I would much rather have a nice looking blue "Owensboro Sportscenter" logo at center court than a big green bank logo. Of course I'd rather have a KWC logo than either one, but beggars can't be choosers.

Comment

Viewed the clip on channel 7 (ABC affiliate). I agree on the green bank assessment. It really got old looking at it. Not all wood courts are created equal either. If the court was used in a D1 Regional, it has to be a quality court. I think the new court looks good. It has the new Wesleyan logo on it.

I am interested to see how the Louisville game turns out. I know nothing about WKU. My outlook on this season's team is more optimistic. They are working hard and the bigs look impressive.
      Last edited by alumnifan; 10-26-2017, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
        Viewed the clip on channel 7 (ABC affiliate). I agree on the green bank assessment. It really got old looking at it. Not all wood courts are created equal either. If the court was used in a D1 Regional, it has to be a quality court. I think the new court looks good. It has the new Wesleyan logo on it.

I am interested to see how the Louisville game turns out. I know nothing about WKU. My outlook on this season's team is more optimistic. They are working hard and the bigs look impressive.
        So one scholarship player was dismissed from team earlier, transfer from Marshall, and now another Jordan Johnson has left team. Season has not even started. What is going on??

Comment

Jordan Johnson is still on the roster on the team website. Happy said another post player should be joining the team after the Christmas break.

There is no way KWC can defend Louisville's post players, especially without a scholarship post player. You can download the Watch ESPN app and see the UL game tonight @ 6:00 cst.
          Last edited by alumnifan; 10-30-2017, 01:09 PM.

Comment

I had no idea that Johnson and Johnson had left the team. If they were both scholarship players, KWC is down to seven I think. Players being suspended has been a running theme under Happy. Where did you get this information?

Comment

If you're scrimmaging another team, then using real refs is allowed.

Comment

If the lil ad was smart he would dump sloppy and hire parkside coach. Instead he going to hire his BFF wilder man

Comment

Well, they're down to 8 scholarship players then. That is not going to set well with the administration, nor the financial supporters of the program - including myself. Happy is a very good man, but the loss of two scholarship players before the season starts is just unacceptable.

Comment

The walk ons are going to have to step up. I'm sure Happy will bring in two more players in the second semester. The Louisville game starts at 6 cst. You can download the Watch ESPN app and see the game. I already downloaded the app. It may get ugly.

Comment

Well, they're down to 8 scholarship players then. That is not going to set well with the administration, nor the financial supporters of the program - including myself. Happy is a very good man, but the loss of two scholarship players before the season starts is just unacceptable.
                      I am trying to be upbeat, but I question the kind of student/athlete we are getting

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                        I am trying to be upbeat, but I question the kind of student/athlete we are getting
                        Either that or someone has a quick trigger finger. Geese....

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
                          If the lil ad was smart he would dump sloppy and hire parkside coach. Instead he going to hire his BFF wilder man
                          Nothing you write makes sense. I maybe hot headed, but at least I write in English.

Comment

Comment

Johnson was a solid d1 player in high school. He had a garage issue and had to go juco. I hear that he was being outplayed by other guards. I have had an issue with Happy not giving everyone a chance to show what they can bring to the floor. Seems as if he has not gone after them hard he holds them back. I do think this happens at many teams at many levels. My sophomore year I from never playing to starting when a new coach was brought in.

Comment

We are going to have a good team based on what I see tonight.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X