• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
      I don't think the scheduling issue is the fault of KWC.
      I think you are right about that one. I'm sure BU didn't want to help out KWC after leaving the GLVC (and maybe some petty grievances as well.) Frankly, though the GMAC has grown and KWC is no longer in desperate need for scheduling, so continuing the rivalry would help both programs about the same. At least have one game a year. Geez, I don't want to waste a home game on Martin Methodist(or Midway or even IUSoutheast) when they could play KWC either at home or at the SC.

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
        It was fun watching Joe Reibel on the sidelines
        Sure it was fun for you, I'm pretty sure Reibel never beat KWC at the SC!

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
          Interesting, how they get that stat? Every time I check out the boxscore they only list "Fast Break" points with a measly number like 2 or 4. Somebody somewhere keeps the points in transition stat? Shouldn't a team like West Liberty who scores all their points in transition and scores a lot more period be up there?

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
            Interesting, how they get that stat? Every time I check out the boxscore they only list "Fast Break" points with a measly number like 2 or 4. Somebody somewhere keeps the points in transition stat? Shouldn't a team like West Liberty who scores all their points in transition and scores a lot more period be up there?
            Yeah I have no idea, I just saw it on Twitter and found it interesting.

Comment

Transition fast break points is always an emphasis with Happy and Coach Davenport. Extend the defense and run like crazy to the rim and score. Something just tells me that KWC and Bellarmine will meet up in the Regional.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                Transition fast break points is always an emphasis with Happy and Coach Davenport. Extend the defense and run like crazy to the rim and score. Something just tells me that KWC and Bellarmine will meet up in the Regional.

Comment

Did anyone go to the fan fest at SC?

Comment

My question as well..if so please gives us your review...thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                      My question as well..if so please gives us your review...thanks
                      Video/Score board was neat.

Floor looks nice, much brighter than old floor which makes Sportscaster brighter, though not a fan of blue baseline.

Will definitively be 3 guard/ 2 post team.

Cardwell is similar to Jacks in that he will score due to jumping ability.

Redix impressed me.

Dzierzawski didn't play but was introduced.

Scrimmage didn't tell a lot as there was little contested defense inside 3-point line.

Go to KWC men's basketball youtube and watch "mixtape" for player video highlights from last year:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjj...yVdYdkCoI41fGQ

Comment

thanks Cardwell reminds me of Adam with a three point shot.

Comment

• Chance coyle

Comment

Looks like the WBB game Saturday will be on ESPN3. SIU is very big and skilled. Girls will get killed but good to see the frost and transfer.

Comment

• Comment

#1 anyone can buy a ref's uniform so seeing black & white stripes in the background of a video doesn't mean they were official refs. #2, if it were an actual scrimmage against another team of course those games have refs.

And the blue is probably due to the fact that the facility is multi-purpose and serves all kinds of high school, college, and pro teams so blue is more neutral. What I heard, though I don't have any confirmation, is that they were able to get a practically brand new floor that was used for one of the NCAA D1 regional sites which had something like 12 games total played on it for like 1/3 of the cost of a new floor. Personally, I would much rather have a nice looking blue "Owensboro Sportscenter" logo at center court than a big green bank logo. Of course I'd rather have a KWC logo than either one, but beggars can't be choosers.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X