Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

If Sam Williams is gone the roster is on VC.

SIGNED: Amir Warnock, Sr.
    6'9", 235-245 lbs. He is listed on Alabama State's Roster at 245. VC has him at 235, I think. They have cleared his stats and Bio from Alabama State's Athletic website.

He played his first two years at South Georgia Tech CC. There are a bunch of YouTube clips of him, but I didn't look at them.

Comment

Warnock was a starter for Alabama State, I think. He put up some good numbers. He played well against WKU and Jacksonville State.

He was no bench warmer. He can rebound and block shots. From the few box scores that I looked at he averaged around 9 points, 8 or 9 rebounds, and 2 blocks per game. He is listed on VC as a Power Forward. He looks like a good add for a D2 team like Wesleyan. I can see him in the Sportscenter already.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
        Warnock was a starter for Alabama State, I think. He put up some good numbers. He played well against WKU and Jacksonville State.

He was no bench warmer. He can rebound and block shots. From the few box scores that I looked at he averaged around 9 points, 8 or 9 rebounds, and 2 blocks per game. He is listed on VC as a Power Forward. He looks like a good add for a D2 team like Wesleyan. I can see him in the Sportscenter already.
        You're visualizing this guy in the SC, yikes. Hopefully with clothes on....

Comment

Taking the high road.
          Last edited by alumnifan; 09-09-2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
            If Sam Williams is gone the roster is on VC.

SIGNED: Amir Warnock, Sr.
            6'9", 235-245 lbs. He is listed on Alabama State's Roster at 245. VC has him at 235, I think. They have cleared his stats and Bio from Alabama State's Athletic website.

He played his first two years at South Georgia Tech CC. There are a bunch of YouTube clips of him, but I didn't look at them.
            Sam Williams is GONE. Story in M-I about this year stated that only 2 players return from last year's team.

Comment

Originally posted by WKYDave View Post
              Sam Williams is GONE. Story in M-I about this year stated that only 2 players return from last year's team.
              Only two returners...talk about a rebuilding year.

Comment

Originally posted by WKYDave View Post
                One of our 1 year player already dismissed from team?

Comment

You must work for a newspaper. There are so many "wrongs" in your question it shows that it is not a question at all. It is a statement of falsehoods driven by bias.

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                    And who would that be?

Comment

I don't get or buy the MI. If a first year player has been dismissed it only means another one will take his place.

Look, Wesleyan is going to compete this season. I know Warnock shot close to .500 from the field last season in D1 competition. Happy will always get players. We will have a good team. This team will be long, quick and strong.

It's a different team this season with Malek Harris and Brandon Hatton leading this team. This year's team could be dynamic. Happy recruited the players he wanted. We'll have the players and attendance will go up this season. You just watch. When Findlay comes to the Sportscenter a great conference rivalry will begin.

I see no reason why we couldn't win the Conference. In my humble opinion, and I mean no ill will or disrespect toward any of the programs, Wesleyan should be favored to win the regular season. Happy knows this conference now and he is leading it. The programs coming in will find out that when it comes to playing on the road in this conference, you better compete full out.

Comment

Paper station Johnson was dismissed

Comment

Paper station Johnson was dismissed
                          That's the paper stated that Johnson was dismissed from team

Comment

Better to cut those ties now than let there be distractions during the season. It was questionable what Johnson was going to be able to bring anyway with having been out of the game for what, 3 years?

Comment

If you go to VC and just count the players signed, there are ten without Jay Johnson. Amir Warnock is a proven power forward. Colton Elkins looks to be on the team. He was young last season when he got that concussion. I hope it works out for him and so does the college. Colton Elkins was a rebounding monster in high school.
                              Last edited by alumnifan; 09-11-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

You're right...it is a new team...entirely new team! Seems to be Happy's MO...rebuild every year!

[QUOTEv=alumnifan;2085304]I don't get or buy the MI. If a first year player has been dismissed it only means another one will take his place.

Look, Wesleyan is going to compete this season. I know Warnock shot close to .500 from the field last season in D1 competition. Happy will always get players. We will have a good team. This team will be long, quick and strong.

It's a different team this season with Malek Harris and Brandon Hatton leading this team. This year's team could be dynamic. Happy recruited the players he wanted. We'll have the players and attendance will go up this season. You just watch. When Findlay comes to the Sportscenter a great conference rivalry will begin.

I see no reason why we couldn't win the Conference. In my humble opinion, and I mean no ill will or disrespect toward any of the programs, Wesleyan should be favored to win the regular season. Happy knows this conference now and he is leading it. The programs coming in will find out that when it comes to playing on the road in this conference, you better compete full out.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X