Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    If I remember correctly Wesleyan beat USI and Bellarmine the last time they played them at the Sportscenter. You can only play OOC teams that will play at the Sportscenter. There will be some great games in my favorite arena this season. God Bless America!
    I don't have time to check the records but as for USI I believe that's incorrect. In fact, I believe USI won the last two games at SC that included the game jeron Lewis passed away.

Comment

You're probably right. I was thinking of another bridge trophy game.

Comment

We always get everyone's best shot at the Sportscenter.
        I honestly believe you are overthinking the stock college athletes put into "home court winning streaks" (especially non-conference teams with no rivalry history). If it's a big place like Allen Fieldhouse or Cameron Indoor, OK, but I don't think a team like Truman State laced 'em up extra tight to try and end a home court winning streak (which I believe started after losing to TSU the year before).

(Edited to add non-conference part)

Comment

You are correct that Truman was the one before the streak began. KWC actually lost 2 of the 4 home games to open that 2014-15 season, with Northwood being the other.

USI hasn't played at the SC since November 2013. USI swept both games that year. That season it looks like KWC lost 4 at home (Lake Erie, USI, LSSU, and AB). This was their first season in the GMAC.

The year before (2012-13) was the last year in the GLVC, and the last time BU played KWC. You split the season with BU, both winning at home, and USI swept KWC in both games. The only other home losses that season were to UWP and Lewis.

Comment

I know that now and I told the pro he was right. And, I am pretty sure Truman laced them up tight. Half of the statement was correct. KWC did beat Bell in their last game at the Sportscenter.

Geese, I hope this year's team can beat USI at the Ford Center. These are going to be big games with the Small College Basketball Hall of Fame Classic. Next season the Ford Center will begin hosting the Elite Eight for 4 straight years. Wesleyan's fans need to come out bigly this year.

The only problem I have with the Ford Center is the parking. Bad city planning.
            Last edited by alumnifan; 09-20-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

KWC will be salty this year. Findlay will run away with the league as they are too composed and too many good players returning. KWC will be outmatched against USI at the Ford Center. I would be shocked if it was a single digit game.

I know that now and I told the pro he was right. And, I am pretty sure Truman laced them up tight. Half of the statement was correct. KWC did beat Bell in their last game at the Sportscenter.

Geese, I hope this year's team can beat USI at the Ford Center. These are going to be big games with the Small College Basketball Hall of Fame Classic. Next season the Ford Center will begin hosting the Elite Eight for 4 straight years. Wesleyan's fans need to come out bigly this year.

The only problem I have with the Ford Center is the parking. Bad city planning.

Comment

Originally posted by Redswin View Post
                KWC will be salty this year. Findlay will run away with the league as they are too composed and too many good players returning. KWC will be outmatched against USI at the Ford Center. I would be shocked if it was a single digit game.
                That is your prediction.

Comment

I doubt that Findlay will run away with the league, only because KWC will likely win their other games. Findlay, however, is a possible top 5 team in the country. There is little doubt that they will be better than last year, considering they played last year with 2 starters out for the entire last half of the season and those two should be back and ready to play. I think Terrance Sullivan has a good chance to be POY in the region and first team All America.

Comment

You said much the same thing last year...or I'm sorry "EaglesPride" did (wink-wink). It ended up a 4 point game thanks largely to a couple of key fouls called against us in the last 2-3 minutes which effectively killed our comeback.

Again you get to play us in the best possible scenario for USI. Not complaining - it is what it is. But 1st week of the season with a nearly entirely new roster (our own fault, admittedly) in your home city, on day 2 of a tourney. Granted, you also have some roster turnover and are also on the second day of a tourney very early in the season. Regardless of which team wins, a game on Nov 4 vs a game on Mar 4 would be completely different balls of wax.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                      I doubt that Findlay will run away with the league, only because KWC will likely win their other games. Findlay, however, is a possible top 5 team in the country. There is little doubt that they will be better than last year, considering they played last year with 2 starters out for the entire last half of the season and those two should be back and ready to play. I think Terrance Sullivan has a good chance to be POY in the region and first team All America.
                      So the million dollar question this year very well could be - If Findlay and KWC finish 1 & 2 in the G-MAC (regardless of which is which), will the increased depth of the league be enough to make us a 2 bid league when the regional field is announced?

Before you scoff, keep in mind that barring unexpected circumstances Findlay, Hillsdale, Walsh, KWC, and Alderson Broaddus will all very likely have good records, with at least 3 or 4 of them probably having 20+ win seasons. Not to mention that the G-MAC's gain in strength is to the detriment of the GLIAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                        Can I safely assume you are thinking your team as a top 5 team in country? With that being said who will finish 2nd in GLVC in your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                          So the million dollar question this year very well could be - If Findlay and KWC finish 1 & 2 in the G-MAC (regardless of which is which), will the increased depth of the league be enough to make us a 2 bid league when the regional field is announced?
                          It's entirely possible, maybe even probable, it depends on whether KWC is good enough. I am not sure how good KWC is going to be, but if both Findlay and KWC finish the season with 5 losses or less, I would bet they are both in.

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                            Can I safely assume you are thinking your team as a top 5 team in country? With that being said who will finish 2nd in GLVC in your opinion?
                            I do think the Knight's are a top five team, but my optimism is somewhat tempered by the relative youth of the front line. Overall, Scotty probably has as much talent up and down the lineup as he has ever had. Good question about second in the GLVC. Indy and Lewis are strong contenders. Lewis has a deep team with a lot of returning players and added an experienced scorer in Kendall Mcullum from Parkside. Indy had a young team that really started to blossom at the end of last season. I always assume that Drury will be good, but they are going to have a whole lot of new players. I do think that it's possible that USI will be better than last season, although their overall talent level is probably not as good. Stein has the ability to be POY in the GLVC, and I expect him to take charge of the team.
                            Last edited by Knightmoves; 09-21-2017, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                              I would add that with the arrangement of the pods in the GLVC, a team like Lewis (my pick for 2nd now with McCollum on the team), may be the the 2nd best team but since their pod is so much stronger their GLVC record might be slightly worse than a Drury or Truman (both of which I am not sure about but can't count out.) playing three solid teams twice (BU, Lewis, USI, Indy are all regional contenders) makes it tougher than playing just one.

As far GMAC, I think there is a good chance of UF and KWC making regional, especially if they split their regular season games. UF is definitely a contender for the Elite 8, and if KWC gets one win against them and beats up on the rest of GMAC, they will be in too. Now if KWC has four losses or more and no wins against UF, it could be tough.

Comment

With all those excuses baked in it certainly appears you agree with me. Lol!

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post

Before you scoff, keep in mind that barring unexpected circumstances Findlay, Hillsdale, Walsh, KWC, and Alderson Broaddus will all very likely have good records, with at least 3 or 4 of them probably having 20+ win seasons. Not to mention that the G-MAC's gain in strength is to the detriment of the GLIAC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X