Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    What was your major? Did you graduate from USI?
    Ouch, good one. With all due respect, I'm not the one that thinks a mural of the basketball team will increase attendance at a basketball game.

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
      Ouch, good one. With all due respect, I'm not the one that thinks a mural of the basketball team will increase attendance at a basketball game.
      The mural is one aspect of the Sportscenter Remodeling. The mural, I believe, is in the newly remodeled concession area. You didn't say anything about the refinishing of the court in the Sportscenter, or the new digital Scoring Table, or the other remodeling efforts.

I never said the mural alone will help attendance. The G-MAC has five new programs activating this season. Tiffin will join next season. All these​ aspects combined will increase attendance.

The Newly created Panther Athletic Fund will remain ongoing in the KWC athletic department. Our facilities will be among the best small college facilities in the Region (as a whole) for years to come. The state does not pay for Kentucky Wesleyan's facilities, nor do any of the private institutions in the G-MAC receive state funding.

A lot of work has already been done for our on campus athletic facilities over the summer, and more work will be done as needed in the future.

You guys get six straight years hosting the National Championship after this season, but not in your arena. The Evansville Sports Corp did that work. You guys bit** and criticize everything known to humanity. You will never be satisfied.
      Last edited by alumnifan; 08-28-2017, 10:17 PM.

Comment

I'm moving this discussion concerning KWC in the G-MAC here. Wesleyan has a new Track and Field this season. How can a new program compete at a high level without a facility to call their own?

The women's volleyball team struggled last season. The College has hired a new associate coach for women's volleyball.

The golf teams have a new head golf coach this season. The women's tennis head coach was hired last season. She will need time to bring them up to speed.

KWC has been operating on a pretty small budget. I have seen the Director's Cup standings.

You can continue to berate our athletic program, but nothing will dampen the enthusiasm.

Kentucky Wesleyan was named the best College in Kentucky to earn a Bachelor's Degree.

Our athletic department is doing just fine. We know the minor sports need some help. However, the baseball, softball, and men's basketball teams were G-MAC Champions. The conference will now have a good Football Conference.

The baseball team were Regional Semifinalists. There is nothing wrong with Kentucky Wesleyan Athletics.

Comment

Over the next few years as Wesleyan continues to upgrade their facilities through the newly created Panther Athletic Fund, you will see more facility upgrades and travel experience for our student athletes.

Comment

Don't forget the concession stands. That will bring em in by the truckload.

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post

Comment

I am going to promote, support, and represent Kentucky Wesleyan College until I move on to camping in Canan's happy land.

Win, lose, tie, on probation, off probation, in good, in bad, National Champion, last place in the G-MAC, I don't care. Kentucky Wesleyan is my Alma Mater and I believe in it's mission. It's an outstanding institution that critically educates it's students while loving them. I will forever be indebted.

Comment

WKU games added. WKU is loaded. Players have to be thrilled and $$$ for the school.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                  WKU games added. WKU is loaded. Players have to be thrilled and $$$ for the school.
                  Looks like we signed another inside player. Anybody know anything about him?

Comment

Looks like we offered him...not signed at this point. I don't know anything about his game but his size is almost identical to Jeff Fahnbulleh when he arrived at KWC.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                      Looks like we offered him...not signed at this point. I don't know anything about his game but his size is almost identical to Jeff Fahnbulleh when he arrived at KWC.
                      Twitter feed on left side shows that he is going to JUCO College of Central FL.

Comment

Originally posted by WKYDave View Post
                        Twitter feed on left side shows that he is going to JUCO College of Central FL.
                        We're offering him out of JUCO. i.e. for next year.

Comment

I can not figure out what is up with him. Several schools are just now showing interest in him. If he is going to a four year school this year he had better decide quickly. If he is going to stay at a junior college why is he taking visits now? I know some will want him to red shirt and get in shape.

Comment

I missed the WKU exhibition for November 15th. Rick Stansbury may have wanted a little more time. It's a great time for an exhibition for KWC as well. This team needs some games under it's belt.

The women start the season with two exhibitions against Southern Illinois and Austin Peay.
                            Last edited by alumnifan; 09-02-2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Wesleyan is a good attendance draw for both Louisville and WKU. WKU was not so generous with KWC at times in the past.

Wayne Chapman was the head coach at KWC and played under Ed Diddle at Western. He coached his Wesleyan team for what used to be called the WKU Wendy's Classic. WKU promised Coach Chapman an opening game against KWC and Auburn would play Austin Peay.

Then, Diddle Arena was like a great big high school gym that would seat or hold around 9,000 and probably more.

The tourney draw drew KWC v. Auburn and WKU would play Austin Peay in the first round.

Chuck Person was probably the best SEC player that season from Auburn. Nobody knew the agreement WKU had with KWC except for the two departments.

IMO, this was probably not the most ethical move. However, WKU probably were within their rights legally. The two opening games were set up to draw maximum attendance.

Wesleyan played Auburn strong. Dave Bennett was a great long ball shooter. Chuck Person was talking trash to him the whole game. Wesleyan played their hearts out and the game was very competitive. And, Auburn won.

The edge in the tournament went to Western and Austin Peay. In the consolation game against Austin Peay, Wesleyan got robbed. Austin Peay was an OVC school and some were saying the GLVC was a stronger conference, or just as good.

Coach Wayne Chapman was furious. Wesleyan lost a really close game by a couple points and the fix was in. He knew it. He kicked a trash can across the gym.

I don't know if that's why he didn't get the WKU Head Coach position after winning two National D2 titles, but it didn't help.
                              Last edited by alumnifan; 09-02-2017, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                                Wesleyan is a good attendance draw for both Louisville and WKU. WKU was not so generous with KWC at times in the past.

Wayne Chapman was the head coach at KWC and played under Ed Diddle at Western. He coached his Wesleyan team for what used to be called the WKU Wendy's Classic. WKU promised Coach Chapman an opening game against KWC and Auburn would play Austin Peay.

Then, Diddle Arena was like a great big high school gym that would seat or hold around 9,000 and probably more.

The tourney draw drew KWC v. Auburn and WKU would play Austin Peay in the first round.

Chuck Person was probably the best SEC player that season from Auburn. Nobody knew the agreement WKU had with KWC except for the two departments.

IMO, this was probably not the most ethical move. However, WKU probably were within their rights legally. The two opening games were set up to draw maximum attendance.

Wesleyan played Auburn strong. Dave Bennett was a great long ball shooter. Chuck Person was talking trash to him the whole game. Wesleyan played their hearts out and the game was very competitive. And, Auburn won.

The edge in the tournament went to Western and Austin Peay. In the consolation game against Austin Peay, Wesleyan got robbed. Austin Peay was an OVC school and some were saying the GLVC was a stronger conference, or just as good.

Coach Wayne Chapman was furious. Wesleyan lost a really close game by a couple points and the fix was in. He knew it. He kicked a trash can across the gym.

I don't know if that's why he didn't get the WKU Head Coach position after winning two National D2 titles, but it didn't help.
                                So when does official roster come out?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X