Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

The entire team needs to get in great condition. That would be priority No. 1 in my mind. The X and O part of the game will come together by the end of the year, and even if it does not you still have conditioned athletes. If you sign ten players, play all of them and your best walk on. If conditioning is a priority this season, they can do well. This KWC team has talent.

Comment

I am pretty sure you can cross Sam and Colton off of your list.

Our guards will drive teams crazy. One or two of them will find the other teams weakness. Our guards can drive, hit the three, get their own shot, pass with out pounding the ball, all play good defense, run the fast break. The other new comers are unknown and will have to play many minutes when other team has good/big forwards.

Comment

You don't need a calendar to know it is August. August is Alumni Fan time baby! Come on....give us the 9th banner chant as we have been waiting for it.

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
        It's not about me trying to be too boastful. It's a fact. It takes a lot of skill and (not luck) resources for any program to do what Wesleyan has done and is doing. It's about tradition, knowledge, and a great commitment to have the basketball program that Kentucky Wesleyan has. No D2 team can come to the Sportscenter, go through the motions and win. Momentum was really high for KWC for two years under Coach Lee. If the cards had fell in their favor, they would have been back to back Regional Champions. Now, St. Joe has closed it's doors. Anything can happen to any team over the course of the season.

Comment

I will write Sam and Colton off when the official roster excludes them.

KWC has hired new associate and assistant coaches in Basketball, Volleyball and Baseball. Really glad to see Ryne Mantooth hired on for the baseball team. His father Bob Mantooth coached at my high school before he went to Apollo. Good hires all around, IMO. Ryne really liked to fish as a child. I had Bob as a high school teacher. I should have played baseball for him in high school. He did teach me the basics of driving. That must have been a nightmare for him.

Comment

You will have to add Colton so you can cross him off the official roster.

Did we hire two new basketball coaches??

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
              You will have to add Colton so you can cross him off the official roster.

Did we hire two new basketball coaches??
              So, Elkins is officially gone. Right?

I can't remember if another assistant was added. The new Associate Coach worked with Happy for seven seasons at Georgetown. He came to KWC from Valdosta State. He helped Valdosta. Happy likes a large staff. I like that.
              Last edited by alumnifan; 08-10-2017, 02:52 PM.

Comment

So I was surfing Twitter looking at incoming players posts. I found a retweet from a kid by the name of Erik Bell that said he is transferring to KWC to play for Happy. Another guard 5-9? Really Happy????

Comment

The Panther Athletic Fund raised $200,000 this past season. New score boards have been installed for baseball, softball, volleyball and soccer. The soccer field has also gotten new lighting. The college hired a full time men's and women's golf coach. New upgrades to the hitting facilities for the softball and baseball teams were also completed.

In addition to the work already completed at the Sportscenter, a new Digital Scoring Table along with new refinishing of the basketball court will be added

The Panther Athletic Fund is going to do well.
                  Last edited by alumnifan; 08-11-2017, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Great news I hope Cole gives a little once he signs for $$$$$$$$$$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                      So I was surfing Twitter looking at incoming players posts. I found a retweet from a kid by the name of Erik Bell that said he is transferring to KWC to play for Happy. Another guard 5-9? Really Happy????
                      Transferring from D3 so I would bet he's on academic scholarship, not athletic.

Comment

Why would Happy take a kid that led the state of Indiana in Assist? Three years is not bad and I suspect he has friends that may follow.

I am pretty sure a 6' 10" was on campus this week. A one star or less but tall and well coached.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                          Why would Happy take a kid that led the state of Indiana in Assist? Three years is not bad and I suspect he has friends that may follow.

I am pretty sure a 6' 10" was on campus this week. A one star or less but tall and well coached.
                          I still say we are missing a scoring wing

Comment

We can lay off Happy now. I have. It's time to get behind him. Everything is going to be fine.

The current athletic department is definitely headed in the right direction. The administrative growth in the athletic department will pay good dividends. I really feel the athletic department is poising itself for the next four years.

Comment

USI attendance was ranked #17. KWC was right behind them at #18. The numbers were almost identical.

Wesleyan's attendance will go up this season due to conference expansion. Wesleyan can do better than 1,400 a game. The Sportscenter will be spiffed up this season as well. That will help raise attendance. However, local television news coverage seems minimal. I think KWC basketball should record a great commercial video and recruit local businesses to sponsor the commercials.

Comment

Thats pretty sad because USI attendance was horrid. Just goes to show nobody wants to see the products being put on the floor. I remember when KWC was averaging 3000+ a game and USI was over 2000.

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                                USI attendance was ranked #17. KWC was right behind them at #18. The numbers were almost identical.

Wesleyan's attendance will go up this season due to conference expansion. Wesleyan can do better than 1,400 a game. The Sportscenter will be spiffed up this season as well. That will help raise attendance. However, local television news coverage seems minimal. I think KWC basketball should record a great commercial video and recruit local businesses to sponsor the commercials.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X