Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

It was called a recession under the Bush Administration.

Comment

Get the can opener out because we are about to open another can of worms!

Comment

I can't believe people still see Repubs like Bush and Dems like Obama being on opposite end of the aisles still. It is rather amazing how easily sheep can be brainwashed.

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
        Get the can opener out because we are about to open another can of worms!

Comment

After the NCAA sanction, KWC played Kentucky at Rupp. I wouldn't go with some friends because I knew Wesleyan would be slaughtered. Plus, I heard Billy Packer on CBS say he would work out a game on CBS if UK and KWC would agree to play each other. This was said before the NCAA sanctioning process.

Wesleyan had played in six National Championship games on CBS. KWC didn't play UK on CBS, but they played them. The Wesleyan team was decimated.

Once the basketball program got back on it's feet, under Todd Lee, the recession hit. Wesleyan lost a lot of money and so did a lot of other people. We'll be back in the hunt soon. Or, we should be back in the hunt because that is our tradition.

Comment

I saw two photos of this season's team from Friday after five on Facebook.

Brandon Hatton has his left leg in a soft cast just below his knee. It looked like two players were taller than Harris. It could have just been the angle.

One photo had 12 players and another had 14. We know very little about this team and I can't just look at a couple photos and know much. I want to see them dressed in their new team uniforms, and photos with current individual photos and bios.

I'm concerned about their conditioning. You can tell by the photo that some of them look like deer caught in the head lights and maybe a step slow starting out.

I hope Brandon Hatton is alright. He may have had off season surgery. Some of these players may need a little more discipline than others. Some may not feel like they're fitting in. It's tough to bring a new team like this one together.

Hunter Noffsinger could get some playing time in the early season. Malek looks like he's got some help in the post. I really want to see Jay Johnson play.

I heard (someone told me) that a new 6'9" player on the team could be the best in the Region. We really don't know their height, weight and abilities yet. Some of the guards could be really serious players who need more strength.

Go Panthers!
            Last edited by alumnifan; 08-27-2017, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
              I saw two photos of this season's team from Friday after five on Facebook.

Brandon Hatton has his left leg in a soft cast just below his knee. It looked like two players were taller than Harris. It could have just been the angle.

One photo had 12 players and another had 14. We know very little about this team and I can't just look at a couple photos and know much. I want to see them dressed in their new team uniforms, and photos with current individual photos and bios.

I'm concerned about their conditioning. You can tell by the photo that some of them look like deer caught in the head lights and maybe a step slow starting out.

I hope Brandon Hatton is alright. He may have had off season surgery. Some of these players may need a little more discipline than others. Some may not feel like they're fitting in. It's tough to bring a new team like this one together.

Hunter Noffsinger could get some playing time in the early season. Malek looks like he's got some help in the post. I really want to see Jay Johnson play.

I heard (someone told me) that a new 6'9" player on the team could be the best in the Region. We really don't know their height, weight and abilities yet. Some of the guards could be really serious players who need more strength.

Go Panthers!
              I am excited about upcoming season. I doubt Noffsinger will see anytime considering how guard heavy Happy recruited. Harris and Hatton are going to have to step up this year. I struggle with giving Happy the benefit of the doubt. It makes zero sense to me with his fascination with one year players. We had 2 last year that were a distraction. This year, 3 one year players. I am sure they great young men, but I don't believe you build a program of national significance with them. I know it is an easier recruit to get than a High School Senior etc. I have no idea what the season holds with a tougher schedule. Last year I felt like we had a weaker schedule, and we didn't win any games we weren't suppose to. This year it would be nice to beat a Findlay on the road, or USI

Comment

Distraction??? One started every game, shot over 50%, had twice as many assist as any other player, led the team with steals. Let's not get as dumb as USI fans.

We played a really ****ty 1/2 of a game is the regional lost by three points but the season was pretty damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                  Distraction??? One started every game, shot over 50%, had twice as many assist as any other player, led the team with steals. Let's not get as dumb as USI fans.

We played a really ****ty 1/2 of a game is the regional lost by three points but the season was pretty damn good.
                  Your funny, I personally saw him being disrespectful to coach during a game on several occasions. If your happy with not winning a tournament game so be it

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                    Your funny, I personally saw him being disrespectful to coach during a game on several occasions. If your happy with not winning a tournament game so be it
                    By the way, the only one year player from Bell

Comment

From bellermine was not a positive contributor to the program. A lot of technicals, and I believe was suspended as well

Comment

Wesleyan has a new associate head coach. That is going to make a difference, IMO, with any disciplinary discretion.

It's going to take awhile for all the new players to adjust in every facet as a student and basketball player at KWC. They are going to have to learn what Happy wants from them. KWC's returning players will help some. I would like to know how much longer Brandon Hatton will be in a soft cast and why he is in one now. It could be a precautionary measure, IDK.

The rest of the returning players looked pretty happy. The new players just looked sort of shell shocked. They'll get over it.

Comment

If my observation is correct, the new players will really be shell shocked at the YUM Center against Louisville.

I do have more confidence in our post players now. They'll be a handful for D2 teams with Malek at the helm. He knows he's going to have a great time this season.

Comment

Has anyone seen the new KWC Basketball mural at the Sportscenter? It looks great. KWC will see an increase in attendance this season. There has been a bunch of work done there. Wesleyan desperately needed a refinished court and digital Scoring Table.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                              Has anyone seen the new KWC Basketball mural at the Sportscenter? It looks great. KWC will see an increase in attendance this season. There has been a bunch of work done there. Wesleyan desperately needed a refinished court and digital Scoring Table.
                              Dang, Usi should've thought about that. A big mural of baseball team and it would be standing room only.

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
                                Dang, Usi should've thought about that. A big mural of baseball team and it would be standing room only.
                                What was your major? Did you graduate from USI?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X