Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Happy is as good of a man as they come. But his recruiting hasn't evolved like I thought it would at this point.

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    If you go to VC and just count the players signed, there are ten without Jay Johnson. Amir Warnock is a proven power forward. Colton Elkins looks to be on the team. He was young last season when he got that concussion. I hope it works out for him and so does the college. Colton Elkins was a rebounding monster in high school.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideMafia View Post
      You're right...it is a new team...entirely new team! Seems to be Happy's MO...rebuild every year!

[QUOTEv=alumnifan;2085304]I don't get or buy the MI. If a first year player has been dismissed it only means another one will take his place.

Look, Wesleyan is going to compete this season. I know Warnock shot close to .500 from the field last season in D1 competition. Happy will always get players. We will have a good team. This team will be long, quick and strong.

It's a different team this season with Malek Harris and Brandon Hatton leading this team. This year's team could be dynamic. Happy recruited the players he wanted. We'll have the players and attendance will go up this season. You just watch. When Findlay comes to the Sportscenter a great conference rivalry will begin.

I see no reason why we couldn't win the Conference. In my humble opinion, and I mean no ill will or disrespect toward any of the programs, Wesleyan should be favored to win the regular season. Happy knows this conference now and he is leading it. The programs coming in will find out that when it comes to playing on the road in this conference, you better compete full out.
      [/QUOTE]

if Happy fails at both these two things this year then we will know if kdubz is still half serious about MBB. 1. beat Kimbo Dean 2. make ncaa

Comment

Wesleyan made the NCAA the past two seasons, lost 0 games in the G-MAC last season which is a conference record, and has won 48 straight games at home going 28-3 last season.

Happy Osborne is the Head Coach at Kentucky Wesleyan and I hope he retires there. Coach Osborne has proven his loyalty. He has shown me who he really is and Coach Osborne is where he needs to be!

Comment

Kentucky Wesleyan has as strong a schedule as it can get. Wesleyan can only schedule teams that will play them. What seems to be annual games against Western Kentucky University and Louisville would be a dream exhibition season for any small college. It speaks to the fact that Kentucky college basketball? as a state respects our history and tradition. I'm for all Kentucky college basketball teams.

There is NO D2 Basketball Arena in this country that can compare to the history and tradition of the Owensboro Sportscenter. It's going to look nice this season and every visiting team that plays at KWC this season will do so with some anxiety.

Comment

Kentucky Wesleyan has as strong a schedule as it can get. Wesleyan can only schedule teams that will play them. What seems to be annual games against Western Kentucky University and Louisville would be a dream exhibition season for any small college. It speaks to the fact that Kentucky college basketball? as a state respects our history and tradition. I'm for all Kentucky college basketball teams.

There is NO D2 Basketball Arena in this country that can compare to the history and tradition of the Owensboro Sportscenter. It's going to look nice this season and every visiting team that plays at KWC this season will do so with some anxiety.
            Anxiety because the SC wins games not the team on the floor...lol. I've seen visitors team literally shacking out of their shoes while walking into the SC.

Comment

KWC signed a 6-4 JUCO Shooting Guard in Marc Moon.

They have 11 scholarships now based on VC. My Guess is Colton Elkins was given a hardship year and will redshirt this season.

Wesleyan also has two 6-6 walk on players in addition to the scholarship post players.
              Last edited by alumnifan; 09-13-2017, 07:47 AM.

Comment

The team is guard heavy, but not without quality post play. Wesleyan will have Amir Warnock at 6-9, Malek Harris at 6-8, and Dakota Quinn at 6-8.

Comment

This was a big signing by Happy as he is a darn good player. Would not surprise me to see him be 1 of the 2 best players by end of the year.

KWC signed a 6-4 JUCO Shooting Guard in Mark Moon.

They have 11 scholarships now based on VC. My Guess is Colton Elkins was given a hardship year and will redshirt this season.

Wesleyan also has two 6-6 walk on players in addition to the scholarship post players.

Comment

His first name is spelled Marc. I corrected that on the previous post. I'm going to look into his profile.

Comment

The Messenger Inquirer had already announced his signing. He played against good JUCO competition. He was probably the best player on his team. Neosho was not a strong JUCO team. He averaged 17 ppg, 7 rebounds, and 4 assists per game.

He looks like a set shot shooter. His speed is what I like. He is really good at getting the ball inside to the post with quick accurate passing. That will be beneficial. I don't think he will be the best player on this year's team or the next. He is a solid JUCO player who had to do too much for his team last year.

He does have a good vertical jump and can definitely finish with both hands. He will have a role on the team this season and I expect Happy to bring him along as the season progresses.

It looks like he was recruited to take Jordan Jacks' place on the roster. His percentages from the field and the FT line need to rise. He is long for 6-4 as well. We really need him on defense to use those long fast hands.
                      Last edited by alumnifan; 09-13-2017, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Good report on Marc. He will remind you of Rico. If player guarding him is not quick he will drive to the basket and can finish with strength. His game has lots of holes but he will help and his size is needed with bigger guards.

Do not sleep on the player that played with Bell in HS. He is very solid and can shot block really well.

With the three point shot being the most used weapon in D2 many rebounds are long and quickness gets the ball. This year we will have players that rebound way better than their size would lead you to believe.

I do not believe we will be as good as last year but will be fun to watch and will sneak up on some teams. A lot depends on Happy and how quickly he knows how to rotate players.

Comment

I will wait and see before I make any predictions about the 2017-18 Roster. We need to see how team chemistry develops and how quickly Happy can assimilate them into his strategy.

Comment

KWC signed a 6-4 JUCO Shooting Guard in Marc Moon.

Moon looks like a major contributor from day one judging from film I saw. How many redshirt years does Elkins get? OMG time to move on, both parties

Comment

Are you a member of the west side club in Evansville?

Comment

Are you a member of the west side club in Evansville?
                                New roster is out

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X