Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Would Dean Smith ever coach at Duke? Would Coach K ever coach at NC? Will Pitino ever coach college basketball again? No, No, and...No.

Comment

Myron Piggie nailed it when he said had he ratted people out in 2000when the Feds were closing in on him, this would have been exposed then. And Coach K wouldn't be known as the legend he is today. There are very few power coaches resting easy right now. Pitino's legacy won't be tarnished near as bad only because there will be many joining him.

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
      One of the best coaches in my lifetime. There is just too much dirty business going on for him not to know something. Too bad his legacy is tainted. I really feel bad for the kids on this team. They are playing on the deck of the Titanic, all though you wonder if any of them are on the take

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
        Myron Piggie nailed it when he said had he ratted people out in 2000when the Feds were closing in on him, this would have been exposed then. And Coach K wouldn't be known as the legend he is today. There are very few power coaches resting easy right now. Pitino's legacy won't be tarnished near as bad only because there will be many joining him.
        I am listening. When the FBI is on this, at least 20 coaches could be facing time. Forget the reputation. The rest need to get out of the country on a private jet in the middle of the night, get their money out of the country, grow a beard, get some big dark sun glasses, change their hair color, and learn how to play chess on a PC not connected to the interwebs?.

Comment

The FBI is not interested in D2 athletics, IMO. The Augustana bunch is joking about it in the Central Region. My previous post was aimed at D1 coaches. Nike is probably just as guilty as Adidas.

Comment

Ain't no probably they dominated the pay for play scene for a long time. Calipari's little buddy World Wide Wes was very kind to him. And that wasn't just at Memphis either. Or as Michael Gilchist called him....Uncle Wes, he was a very giving man. Nothing would please me more if the FBI zeroes in on that weasel.

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
            The FBI is not interested in D2 athletics, IMO. The Augustana bunch is joking about it in the Central Region. My previous post was aimed at D1 coaches. Nike is probably just as guilty as Adidas.

Comment

I hardly ever watch D1 basketball. However, Louisville is under fire, not Kentucky. Calipari is rooting for Crean to come to UL. David Padgett was named interim coach at UL.

Comment

Not that you are aware of. But with Nike's grassroots youth basketball league under investigation, you can bet UK will be in the crosshairs. Cal is at the top of the foodchain in the pay to play business.

I hardly ever watch D1 basketball. However, Louisville is under fire, not Kentucky. Calipari is rooting for Crean to come to UL. David Padgett was named interim coach at UL.

Comment

The KWC football is a great family man, leads his team with honor and creates good men however I am tired of seeing him out coached game after game. I wish I know what to do with coaching in the future.

Comment

Ready for basketball season
                    Last edited by kwcpantherfan; 09-30-2017, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Cedarville got a good commit from Columbus area. A really good spot up shooter that will get better. Nice to see GMAC signing good players.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                        Ready for basketball season
                        Agree, and I understand your pain. We are seeing some movement in the athletic department that gives me hope.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
                          Not that you are aware of. But with Nike's grassroots youth basketball league under investigation, you can bet UK will be in the crosshairs. Cal is at the top of the foodchain in the pay to play business.
                          I read where Bruce Pearl and his side kick Chuck Person are in the cross hairs. The FBI is looking at deep federal corruption, fruad and bribery schemes. I have never seen world wide Wes and could care less.

One thing is certain. Pitino is gone. National sports writer Pat Forde said the Louisville men's basketball program should be shut down with lights out for a year. Pat Ford also has deep ties to Louisville.

My question is will KWC and Bellarmine have a chance to beat Louisville. Don't laugh. The five star Bowen recruit is not coming. Can you imagine how hard it is going to be for the Cardinal Program this season?

Comment

I read where Bruce Pearl and his side kick Chuck Person are in the cross hairs. The FBI is looking at deep federal corruption, fruad and bribery schemes. I have never seen world wide Wes and could care less.

One thing is certain. Pitino is gone. National sports writer Pat Forde said the Louisville men's basketball program should be shut down with lights out for a year. Pat Ford also has deep ties to Louisville.

My question is will KWC and Bellarmine have a chance to beat Louisville. Don't laugh. The five star Bowen recruit is not coming. Can you imagine how hard it is going to be for the Cardinal Program this season?
                            My guess is the guys they DO have are going to be out to prove something and won't end up having a lot of trouble with either KWC or Bellarmine. They'll be playing with a whole cinder block on their shoulders.

Comment

I don't know. Crazy things happen in college basketball. The Cards open with KWC and then play Bellarmine. It's not good news for Bell or KWC. Hopefully, the two Athletic Departments can stay in conversation with Louisville, and I expect they will. I'm not glad about the Cards problems. It doesn't help college basketball in Kentucky. The men's basketball team next season is unknown for Louisville.

Comment

UofL has as much talent as ever, even without Bowen. They may be the longest/quickest team in D1. It's a total craphshoot as to how they play, however. Some people have speculated that Davenport might feel disrespected by their failure to even talk to him about the job (just media chatter IMO). It will be interesting to see if Scotty pulls out the stops to try and win the exhibition game. I don't think he will. I see him treating it as a scrimmage and playing his entire bench.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X