Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    Whatever Coach Happy Osborne has to say is more relevant than anything you write. Keep your name calling and coach bashing on the USI thread.

IMO, the Owensboro Sportscenter is being upgraded in order for the facility to host Regional and National NCAA events. The KHSAA could also hold events there other than the KHSAA 3rd Region Basketball Tournament. It is and will be an even greater venue in the near future.

You really know nothing about the G-MAC. Your classless posts regarding your own coach and team is your perogotive. Keep them off this thread.

The G-MAC will give the GLVC a run for their money from here on. Coach Happy Osborne is among the best in the Midwest Region. Kentucky Wesleyan College has the most storied Basketball Program in D2, and the city of Owensboro and the KWC administration will keep it that way.
    I know as much about the gmac as you guys know about the glvc. I will come on here anytime I want to correct your misstatements about the glvc. I'm retired and have plenty of time. Happy best in the Midwest, you're absolutely full of it and you know what I mean by it.

Comment

Have a good night

Comment

I have followed the GLVC since it was founded and Wesleyan was a charter member. The KWC v. Ashland rivalry was stronger than the ISUE rivalry at that time. Parkside is on probation and Bellarmine is the best Program in that conference. If everything you and your minions say is true about USI, just throw in the towel. Come out to the Sportscenter Saturday night and see the Sportscenter improvements, along with the 2017-2018 KWC basketball squads. You'll see plenty of dunks and threes.

Comment

I have followed the GLVC since it was founded and Wesleyan was a charter member. The KWC v. Ashland rivalry was stronger than the ISUE rivalry at that time. Parkside is on probation and Bellarmine is the best Program in that conference. If everything you and your minions say is true about USI, just throw in the towel. Come out to the Sportscenter Saturday night and see the Sportscenter improvements, along with the 2017-2018 KWC basketball squads. You'll see plenty of dunks and threes.
          Your love and passion for KWC basketball, the Coach and KWC in general is refreshing and I hope that you are able to maintain the positive outlook on all in the future.

Comment

I'm not ready to give up on the program just yet but this year could put the last nail in the coffin. I do look forward to visiting the sc. I usually attend one or two games. Personally I like the seating, I like that old school feeling of the gym.

Comment

We have a few minions who are loud, obnoxious, and lack any sort of basketball intelligence. Closest any of them have been to a jockstrap was walking by the baseball gloves at the local Hibbets. Lol! KWC and USI both have everything needed to make a run in the tourney. Happy and Coach Watson are two of the most genuine coaches in this business. Both programs should be proud and excited.

Comment

I will always love Kentucky Wesleyan. As I get older my life span reduces. Happy loves KWC as well, as much as all of us. He spoke highly of KWC in the KET documentary, "Great Balls of Fire." What Happy has done at Wesleyan the past two seasons would be hard for any coach to do.

You will not see any posts coming from me in the future criticizing Coach Osborne or the basketball program. I know both are on the right track. The Sportscenter upgrades will really help KWC recruiting for both basketball programs. President Darrell and his staff have done a wonderful job. Brad Moore is an outstanding administrator. The city of Owensboro and Spectra deserves a lot of props. After the new seating is installed next season, the Owensboro Sportscenter will be an envious venue, and yes the restrooms have already been remodeled. Remember KWC is also starting a wrestling program next season. It is a perfect venue for a D2 Wrestling Invitational Tournament. I also think the KHSAA could host the State Wrestling and the Girls High School Basketball State Tournament there. Spectra is booking all kinds of events including circuses, rodeos, concerts, etc...Even the War Memorial at the Sportscenter has been refurbished.

However, the venue was put on the map by College Basketball. The renovations are really going to help our recruiting. I'm looking forward to this season, but KWC will be loaded and experienced next season. I really do believe next season could be #9 if everything comes together like I hope it will. Regardless, the College is on a good path and my loyalty to my Alma Mater is forever.
                Last edited by alumnifan; 10-18-2017, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Why do I have this feeling this post wont age well?

I will always love Kentucky Wesleyan. As I get older my life span reduces. Happy loves KWC as well, as much as all of us. He spoke highly of KWC in the KET documentary, "Great Balls of Fire." What Happy has done at Wesleyan the past two seasons would be hard for any coach to do.

You will not see any posts coming from me in the future criticizing Coach Osborne or the basketball program. I know both are on the right track. The Sportscenter upgrades will really help KWC recruiting for both basketball programs. President Darrell and his staff have done a wonderful job. Brad Moore is an outstanding administrator. The city of Owensboro and Spectra deserves a lot of props. After the new seating is installed next season, the Owensboro Sportscenter will be an envious venue, and yes the restrooms have already been remodeled. Remember KWC is also starting a wrestling program next season. It is a perfect venue for a D2 Wrestling Invitational Tournament. I also think the KHSAA could host the State Wrestling and the Girls High School Basketball State Tournament there. Spectra is booking all kinds of events including circuses, rodeos, concerts, etc...Even the War Memorial at the Sportscenter has been refurbished.

However, the venue was put on the map by College Basketball. The renovations are really going to help our recruiting. I'm looking forward to this season, but KWC will be loaded and experienced next season. I really do believe next season could be #9 if everything comes together like I hope it will. Regardless, the College is on a good path and my loyalty to my Alma Mater is forever.

Comment

Yes loving your school and wanting them to do well is something people can not relate to.

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
                      ... I do look forward to visiting the sc. I usually attend one or two games. Personally I like the seating, I like that old school feeling of the gym.
                      I'm with you. I miss going to the SC and the games with KWC, and without getting into blame, I wish we were playing KWC every year or even 2x per year. We clearly have all kinds of trouble filling up the schedule, with 3 home games against bad to decent NAIA teams. Time for anybody on either side who has hard feelings to give them up and schedule each other.

Comment

Amen

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                          I'm with you. I miss going to the SC and the games with KWC, and without getting into blame, I wish we were playing KWC every year or even 2x per year. We clearly have all kinds of trouble filling up the schedule, with 3 home games against bad to decent NAIA teams. Time for anybody on either side who has hard feelings to give them up and schedule each other.
                          It was fun watching Joe Reibel on the sidelines

Comment

Findlay was chosen #1 in the G-MAC preseason coaches poll. KWC was ranked 2nd. Tha is exactly what I expected, and rightly so. It's going to be a great rivalry. We really don't know how good KWC is going to be. I do think this KWC team will be very difficult to beat after the first semester. They could be better than we might think, or they could stumble out of the gate. They have some really tough games to start the season. The games that matter most are the G-MAC games. KWC knows the conference better than Findlay. The regular season Championship will probably come down to how well the respective programs play on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                              I don't think the scheduling issue is the fault of KWC.

Comment

Both Bosley and Jacks are playing International Pro Basketball. Ken Jah is playing in Israel.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X