Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Hoping for a speedy recovery. Seems to be a stand-up guy and only wish the best for him.

Comment

Buttock burns from the hot seat

Comment

Panthers get a shot at redemption next year hiring a new coach. Out with the old and in with the new. GYOGH.

Comment

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
          Agreed. But a strong finish for this underwhelming KWC team might be like a 12-15 record. I can't see how even a bad league like the G-MAC could allow KWC to finish .500, given the losses they've already suffered this season.
          Which part of Evansville are you from, Burrito Taco?

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
            FTR, I do feel bad for Coach Happy Osborne. However, and I mean this sincerely, I didn't expect this season to start out the way it did.

Coach Osborne did note when Jason Mays was hired that his new assistant was ready to be a head coach. We'll see how the KWC team responds under the interim coach., which I assume will be Brett Miller.

I don't have any inside information other than from a prominent alum, and his connection to a prominent former player and an administator outside of the coaching staff. After the last two seasons I really expected this team to be conference contenders again.

My comments may seem harsh if they are read by an athletic staff member. Still, my words are just my own feelings. Usually when something like this happens numerous prominent supporters are becoming frustrated. His health should be a major concern and reason for taking a break.

As a whole the athletic department goes the way of the men's basketball team. Personally, I think we could see more change in the athletic staff next season. The D3 proposal really did start within the Board of Trustees. I respect the BOT, but again that is not our tradition and with the All American Club disbanding it does not help matters. That organization really gave a lot of money over the years.

I hope this is a recovery year for the entire athletic program, and if Coach Osborne does not return, the college should announce a national search for a new head basketball coach.
            The D3 reclassification is something KWC needs to consider quickly if they ever want to compete for a national championship again. It will not happen by remaining in D2. With the additions of the GLIAC schools to the G-MAC, an already-struggling KWC athletic program just became worse. Back in my days as a student at USI we watched as KWC began its own league so it could escape playing Bellarmine, UIndy, USI, Lewis, UWP, Drury, as the Panthers could not compete in most sports. That now would include men's basketball, which has fallen into an abyss of mediocrity. Hopefully KWC can find a way to D3 and if Happy is not able to continue coaching, find a good coach for that level. I have always admired Coach Herdes from doing USI on radio as a student, I think he would be a great coaching fit because he knows the area so well. Don't forget he left USI because of what his assistant did, Coach Herdes had no part in it and fell on the sword for the good of USI.

Comment

Read what I just wrote in the Region 1 football thead regarding conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
                The D3 reclassification is something KWC needs to consider quickly if they ever want to compete for a national championship again. It will not happen by remaining in D2. With the additions of the GLIAC schools to the G-MAC, an already-struggling KWC athletic program just became worse. Back in my days as a student at USI we watched as KWC began its own league so it could escape playing Bellarmine, UIndy, USI, Lewis, UWP, Drury, as the Panthers could not compete in most sports. That now would include men's basketball, which has fallen into an abyss of mediocrity. Hopefully KWC can find a way to D3 and if Happy is not able to continue coaching, find a good coach for that level. I have always admired Coach Herdes from doing USI on radio as a student, I think he would be a great coaching fit because he knows the area so well. Don't forget he left USI because of what his assistant did, Coach Herdes had no part in it and fell on the sword for the good of USI.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post

Comment

I suggest you talk with Coach Herdes and get the real story. It might change your opinion. He had no part in it. Period. It was an assistant and an athletic department employee who is no longer there at USI.

Comment

We already know you are a special kind of stupid from your mindless posts. If you had any knowledge, you'd be aware Coach Herdes had nothing to do with the papers or the flights. It was an assistant and former athletic department person. Coach Herdes is a great person and took the sword.

Comment

Apparently it is official, Ashland is joining G-MAC. One of the Ashland posters in football SR1 says it is a done deal. That is more bad news for the KWC sports that already struggle against the current G-MAC schools. Ashland is very good in virtually every sport.

Comment

According to InterMat, KWC has hired Chris Freije from Cloud Community College NJCAA as the new head wrestling coach at KWC, but KWC would not confirm. However, Coach Freije did confirm it. GOOD HIRE!

Comment

Nevermind. Wasting my virtual breath.

Comment

• Comment

DJ Silky Disturbed Stan Gerard give it a break and your disregard for Happy. The poor guy has health issues. Let it go.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X